Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ConvertBrotha

Right Course Of Action In Difficult Situation?

Asalaamu Alaykum,

I have a bit of a situation. I know a girl from school/work and we are close friends. She was the person who gained my unbiased respect and guided me to Islam, Formerly i was a and completley ignorant about Islam. Just like 95% of all non-muslims are. Anyways we became very close and dated for about 1-1/2 years.. Our relationship was always a secret because of our differing ethnicities. We stopped going out alone and had a halal relationship after my conversion, which I had no problem with thanx to my renewed faith.. My problem is that she is completley terrified to approach her mother about me. Her father passed away some time ago and her older brother is attednding post-secondary school out of the country. Her family is not emotionally stable according to her, and she feels obligated to comply with her mothers expectations and marry within her own culture(Lebanese). We all know how much a mother looks forward to her only daughters wedding. She loves me and says if only i was Lebanese we would be engaged by now since I have all the qualities her mother wants except for the fact I am east African..

So should I respect her concerns ? Am I outta line to want to contact her brother or mother? I dont think i could walk away from this girl without ever knowing for certain whether I could have been accepted by her family.. Any suggestions?

PropellerAds

Asalaamualaykum brother,

Pray to Allah(SWT) for guidance by praying Isthikara. May Allah(SWT) guide you to what is best ameen!

Walaykum asalaam

Salam alaykum,

go to her home and ask for her hand. If you leave a good impression, you would be accepted inshallah. :sl: May Allay give you the best in your marital life.

:sl:

brother go after her, but give her sometime. untill their family is settled. but race is not a reason not to marry someone.

good luck bro

Whoaaaa !!! Can I have the copy rights to this story If i were to make this in to a movie :sl:

On a serious note ... Ma Brother from another Mother :no:

This is a phase in your life ... where you can either be the "MAN" and put all at risk , or just be a Sideshow bob and in the next 10 years from now regret how you wish you have had taken the step.

What the heck am i sayin is what you must be thinking now (right ?) well for starters .. i have had an interacial marriage . me being an Asian ( I repeat A-s-i-a-n not Oriental .... no offense to my brothers :j:) and my wife being a Caucasian ... my skin being brown (chocolate as my wife says) and she being white .... this QUESTION came to my mind as well I would be the guy who would WRECK their family tree by giving dark skinned children ... This and that and WHAT not ... I Love her and She loves me .. and when things were at the point of no return ... we turned to Allah (s.w.t) seeking His Blessings and Guidance ... and not only did we get married but have also had acceptance from their family.

Moral of the STORY : ~Take a STANCE and ask for her hand .. WHAT do you have to lose !!??

~ Invoke Allah (s.w.t) for guidance and blessings

Allah (s.w.t) is the availer and the best of aid ... if there is One being who could melt your future mother in law's heart it can be only be done by HIM ... and why would HE (s.w.t) do it ... tiz all coz of my brotha praying to HIM :D .. things cant get any simple.

On a serious side (yet again) they say if you LOVE someone dearly set her free ... if she goes away it was meant to be .. if she returns its probably because she loves you dearly :D

~Fr3ak~(0_o)