• Yes every night
    • Every now and then
    • No never
    • No but I used too
    • No but Im going to try and start
    • other
    • I am not muslim

:sl:

*{And during a part of the night, pray Tahajjud beyond what is incumbent on you; maybe your Lord will raise you to a position of great glory.}* (Al-Israa’ 17:79)

`Abdullah ibn Salam reported:

“When the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) came to Madinah, the people gathered around him and I was one of them. I looked at his face and understood that it was not the face of a liar. The first words I heard him say were: ‘O people, spread the salutations, feed the people, keep the ties of kinship, and pray during the night while the others sleep, and you will enter Paradise in peace.’†(At-Tirmidhi.)

Salman Al-Farsi quoted Muhammad as saying:

“Observe the night Prayer; it was the practice of the righteous before you and it brings you closer to your Lord and it is penance for evil deeds and erases the sins and repels disease from the body.†(At-Tabarani)

PropellerAds

2nd option for me.

:sl: theres something so beautiful about calling on Him when everyone else is lost in their own world, asleep.

It feels serene :j: and the closeness you feel afterwards (if the prayer is perfomed constantly) is amazing!

Asalaamu aleykum,

subhanallah, good timing, its what i needed, a reminder like this. I used to pray Tahajud regular in the past, and since life became more difficult to bear I stopped. I am so afraid in the dark, in the night...when I wake up for fadjr at 3.30 I am in so much panic I wish I could hide fast under the sheets again. Alhamdulillah, then I read somewhere about the benefits of reading Quran at Fadjr..and I try to read a little after prayer...even if its just a few Ayahs...

I remember the feelings I had when praying Tahajjud in the past. So often on the roof of the house under the stars in Lahore. I remember feelings so warm and brightness around me. The joy the next day to see my Duaas been granted, Subhanallah!

Jazaka Allahu geiran for your reminder sister, I do wish to have that feelings back again! :sl:

waleykum asalaam,

Asalaamu aleykum brother Believer6

when you type in the 'search'option...you will get a response of 3 pages about Tahajjud-topics on this forum...one of them is this one, inshallah it will be beneficial for you,

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=27234&hl=tahajjud"]Tahajjud[/url]

waleykum asalaam,

Not at this time of year... especailly with isha being so late and fajr being so close to 'actual isha time'...

however normally- whenever i can inshAllah

Brother Believer6,

Here's another good link regarding Tahajjud:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503544728"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satelli...d=1119503544728[/url]

how do you do tahjud in the summer? fajr is at 3:45 in the morning. do you wake up before that to do tahjud? if you do let me know maybe i'll get some inspiration.

how do you do tahjud in the summer? fajr is at 3:45 in the morning. do you wake up before that to do tahjud? if you do let me know maybe i'll get some inspiration.

:j:

Yes, once you get into the swing of it, its pretty easy alhamdulilillah. If you wake up an hour, 45 minutes, half an hour, 20 minutes (or however much you can do) before fajr and pray some sunnah, you will really feel good about yourself.

Also that time is the best time to make duah :D

Volume 2, Book 21, Number 246: Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle :no: said, "Our Lord, the Blessed, the Superior, comes every night down on the nearest Heaven to us when the last third of the night remains, saying: "Is there anyone to invoke Me, so that I may respond to invocation? Is there anyone to ask Me, so that I may grant him his request? Is there anyone seeking My forgiveness, so that I may forgive him?"

Also for those who don't wake up for tahajjud, insha'Allah its good to get into the habbit of praying witr before you go to sleep. For those who do wake up for tahajjud, witr should be your last prayer (before fajr time).

Witr (3 rakkat all together. Or two rakkat and then one by itself)

Witr is the final prayer of the night's worship, meaning that it is performed either after sunnah prayers that follow ‘Isha if one is finished praying until the morning; or after Tahajjud if one rises in the last third of the night for remembrance and salah.

If you are able, you may recite Surah A‘la (the 87th surah) in the first rak‘ah, Surah Kafirun (109) in the second, and Ikhlas, Falaq and Nas in the third.

Witr, like all nafl prayers, is prayed in pairs of rak‘ah with salams after each pair. Finish with a single rak‘ah and give salams.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamawareness(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Salah/Nafl/tahajjud1.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamawareness(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Salah/Nafl/tahajjud1.html[/url]

Salamu Alaykum,

I guess i prayed it for a couple of time. It must be a shame..But i am going to pray it inshallah this summer.

Just an advise for everyone and myself: If you can't manage to stand up during short summer nights, then perform a few Raka'ats of Tahajjud directly after 'Isha. Tahajjud time starts instantly after 'Isha, although the later part of the night is more meritous.

May Allah enable us all to hold fast to our obligatory duties and at the same time to perform more voluntary deeds.

A shaykh once said that people of the past used to pray the whole night and boast about it. And that the people of today do not pray yet brag that they do.

No offense. Assalamu Alaykum

I think I said something I shouldn't have...

Edited by Orthodox

Salam,

I think what being said by orthodox is quite true. It's a good reminder for all.

I'm still trying to increase my prayers. An ustaz said that we should always try to increase or improve our prayers - and try not to remain the same years after years.

Salam,

I think what being said by orthodox is quite true. It's a good reminder for all.

I'm still trying to increase my prayers. An ustaz said that we should always try to increase or improve our prayers - and try not to remain the same years after years.

Nowadays i don't sleep at nights because it's hard to wake up for sahur again... So, i'll try to pray tahajjud after Ramadan :sl:

I wnana get so close o Allah swt that i even wont let the witr get missed only Allah counts

• Like 1

*{And during a part of the night, pray Tahajjud beyond what is incumbent on you; maybe your Lord will raise you to a position of great glory.}* (Al-Israa’ 17:79)

`Abdullah ibn Salam reported:

“When the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) came to Madinah, the people gathered around him and I was one of them. I looked at his face and understood that it was not the face of a liar. The first words I heard him say were: ‘O people, spread the salutations, feed the people, keep the ties of kinship, and pray during the night while the others sleep, and you will enter Paradise in peace.’†(At-Tirmidhi.)

a good question and poll, sister in Islam :)

I try to make it a habit to pray Tahajjud when I can, and I admire those Muslims -like my parents Masha-Allah- who make sure that they pray the Tahajjud every night. Allah knows best :)

Allah's Apostle you can said, "Our Lord, the Blessed, the Superior, comes every night down on the nearest Heaven to us when the last third of the night remains, saying: "Is there anyone to invoke Me, so that I may respond to invocation? Is there anyone to ask Me, so that I may grant him his request? Is there anyone seeking My forgiveness, so that I may forgive him?"

Thank you for sharing the beautiful saying of the Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam.

Tahajjud time is also a good time to say your du'as against any evildoer or non-Muslim who mistreated you or is unjust towards you. How can Allah reject the du'as/prayers of a God-fearing Muslim who calls upon him late at night while the majority in his household are asleep? The du'as at that time are the ones guaranteed to be responded insha-Allah, so to those arrogant fools who are led astray by their evil whims to Hell, beware of the du'as of Muslims who pray against you during Tahajjud or who are especially sick or fasting, lest their du'as against you by Allah will be responded.

Allah knows best. What happened to that man in the cave and that true story about that non-Muslim guy who was stuck in an elevator for many weeks or months was probably due to the du'as of the Muslims they insulted or harmed in any way.

SubhanAllah. Glory be to Allah the Most Just and Most Powerful who always answers our du'as when we call upon Him alone.

Edited by iMusliMariam