Islamic Forum
Isambard

I Am Immortal

Assalamu Alaykum

Human beings are created for eternity. As soon our soul is created we live infinity.

There is no time when human beings will perish.

1. You were created by God Almighty, so you are going to live an infinite amount of time with one or two interruptions.

2. You have a ticket with many slips:

a) You lived in the womb of you mother for 9 months and then you came out into this world and one slip of your ticket was torn out.

B) You have been living in this world on earth for decades, but when the decree of God Almighty arrives you will pass away and move from this world into the world of the hereafter. Death is the transition from this life to the afterlife. Death is the beginning of the afterlife. Your body is dumped in the hole on earth, the grave, and there you LIVE until the beginning of the Major Day of Judgment, the Last Day on this World. The second slip of your ticket is torn out.

c) Now you live in the grave for a while. You are concious and you know where you are. You can see hellfire or paradise from you grave.

d) Now the angel Israfeel will blow the horn. Now the Hour, the Day of Judgment is arriving. When the Hour arrives then you will perish (interruption) with the exception of a tiny particle of your spinecord which will remain intact. All creation will be in a state of swoon.

e) Now, the angel Israfeel will blow the horn a second time for your resurrection. Your grave will pop up and you will get out and all of the creation will be gathered waiting for the Accountability to start. On the Day of Judgment, everyone will be judged. The justice of God Almighty will be comprehensive. He will even settle the accounts among the animals and jinn.

f) Angels: There is not accountability for angels

Jinn and human being: There is accountability for humans and jinn. Deeds will be reckoned and weighed and then the person will either go to Paradise or Hellfire. But all of them are living for eternity, either in bliss or in torment.

Animals: There is settlement of account among animals, but in the end after the settlement of account all of the animals are turned into dust and they vanish. Animals neither go to hellfire nor paradise.

g) Now the jinn or humans are either admitted into hellfire or paradise. Paradise only gets better for eternity, but hellfire only gets worse for eternity.

h) There are people who go to hellfire but they are not punished there for eternity, but for a temporal amount of time. They turn into charcoal (interruption) when the cecree of God Almighty arrives and then the angels will look for them and recognize them by the marks of prostration, and then take them to paradise and pore the charcoal over the rivers of paradise and they grow and live in bliss forever.

You do not have the choice between immortality and mortality, but between immortality in bliss or in severe torment. These are the choices. You are a human being, not an animal, so only have these two choices. You have the choice between eternal bliss or eternal torment.

PropellerAds
Assalamu Alaykum

you missed the pt of the thread

Peace Isambard

Your gonna die one day, the body cannot last for more than x amount of years (neither can the mind).

Again, I would appretiate ppl reading the post as well as previous replies before replying themselves. The thread is about the nature of faith, belief of physical immortality was only an example

Salam

The visible is temporal, but he invisible will last forever. The visible will vanish one day, but the unseen will last forever. Soon the visible will be invisible but the unseen will be visible for eternity.

Faith is knowledge and faith in an action.

It doesn’t seem that you have 0 faith in all things, as it’s apparent that you have faith in what you are saying and in your ideas, I’m suggesting a skepticism oriented towards your own mind, like imagine you are the guy in a beautiful mind who cannot trust his own consciousness, maybe reading the meditation on first philosophy by Descartes will give you an idea of what I’m suggesting but experiencing may be different from reading or watching.

Anyway Nihilism is just a stage to transcend and it seems you are a smart guy so I believe that you will be able to do so.

Salaams

Hehe I was hoping more for a socratic dialogue than a scientific discussion >.< thats what I get for not modeling properly.

werd

well...that proves the mortality of others and not me :sl:

Well u dont have to jump off the mountain to know that it will probably hurt although you never done it.

My point was that you can understand stuff with 100% certainty by simply applying rationale as long as u follow logic.

Peace

Confused again.....

So whats the motivation of this thread by the way...... What do you want to understand?

Confused again.....

So whats the motivation of this thread by the way...... What do you want to understand?

The nature of faith and if it can ever be more than a wholly subjective experience

Over the past few yrs (and especially the last few months) I have been trying to understand the motivatig factor known as 'faith'. To me it seems so bizarre and foreign. This motivation seems to defy logic, reasoning, scientific method, history and even memory yet remains such a tremendous motivational cause for so many ppl. This doesnt apply simply to muslims or theists, but also liberals, communists, anarachists, parents, soldiers etc.

To me it seems like some sort of delusion, a delusion that brings ppl happiness, a delusion that I ultimatly lack. Despite different attacks onto its foundations which in my opinion I consider irrefuteable, those with strong faith (in w/e it may be) simply shrug it off saying I am the one who is blind.

In a bid to understand this fascinating motivator I present to you this mental expirement and ask you to disprove my position while I use the arguements of those with 'faith'. Perhaps there is some critizism that I have missed, one that may hlp understand where my own lack of faith (in all things) stems from.

So then friends of the forum, truely I tell you, I am IMMORTAL. Do what you will, but I CHALLENGE YOU to prove to me that I CANNOT die!

(PS. I have chosen immortality over a religion/political ideology because differences in understanding hinder any universal answer to my desired result and may simply end up confusing everyone. I have chosen a concept [immortality] who's definition and understanding is universal among any who read this post. ty)

A very interesting topic, I especially like the example that you use.

As per say your intial question, you actually answered it yourself.

For many people (not all) faith is the, the delusion which is used to get through our lives.

It is actually very scientific and follows all pyschological theories. Look at rationalization. Here is a self defense mechanism proposed by Freud. Heres, your challenge. Get through one day with out rationalizing.

It is impossible. But Freud (although totally off on many things) was brilliant and figuring out these self defense mechanism. Which out rationalization humans could not function, at all in this physical world.

Can faith ever be more than a subjective experience? No. But thats a trick question. >>>> All of life is a subjective experience created by that little thing called perception. Remember the one and only thing anyone can ever 100% prove to themself, "I think therefore I am." Everything else falls into the 99.99999% percentile.