Islamic Forum
dot

British Queen Made A Mockery Of Herself

:sl:

The British queen awarded a third class writer with knighthood, for his works of insulting Islam and our beloved prophet Muhammad :sl:.

By doing so, she simply made a mockery of herself, and degraded the value of the knighthood title, which was the highest in Britain to date. Real knights should take her to court for insulting them and bringing disgrace to each and every name that she now associated with a filthy name such as that devilish person named 'salman rushdi'.

If all the ongoing wars against Islamic countries is no proof of western policy's hatred and determination to fight Islam, this move by the queen of Britain is. This gesture falls perfectly in line with imperialist demeanor, denigrating other cultures as savage and inferior, inextricably synonymous with British bloody history.

But insha'Allah humble Islam will be there, long after all those evil-doers are gone to their painful destiny, when they meet their Creator alone, without their earthly might, armies and titles. Islam will be there to see the end of time, because its the only perfectly tolerant system. Materialistic western civilization will keep eating itself, crashing with and contradicting its self-made values, and writing its end by its own hands. What a miserable fate.

PropellerAds

Asalaamu aleykum

I read about this in the news and followed the story. There has been some ( sure there are lots!) reactions especially in Pakistan about this mockery

Pakistan scholars honour Bin Laden in Rushdie row

21 Jun, 2007

IslamABAD: Pakistani Islamic scholars honoured Osama Bin Laden on Thursday in response to Britain's knighthood for Salman Rushdie, as a senior ruling party member said he would not hesitate to kill the novelist.

Meanwhile the country's religious affairs minister, who caused outrage by remarking that the award given to the "Satanic Verses" author justified suicide attacks, announced that he may visit Britain next month.

The Pakistani Ulema Council, a private body that claims to be the biggest of its kind in the country with 2,000 scholars, said it had given Bin Laden the title "Saifullah", or Sword of Allah, its top accolade.

"We are pleased to award the title of Saifullah to Osama bin Laden after the British Government's decision to bestow the title of 'Sir' on blasphemer Rushdie," Council Chairman Maulana Tahir Ashrafi said.

"This is the highest title for a Muslim warrior."

Bin Laden has been blamed for the September 11, 2001 attacks on New York and Washington that killed nearly 3,000 people. He is widely believed to be hiding on the Pakistan-Afghanistan border.

Later Afzal Sahi, the speaker of the Punjab province assembly and a member of the Pakistan Muslim League party that backs President Pervez Musharrafsaid during a debate that he would murder Rushdie if he saw him.

"I am a Muslim and then a politician and it is ordained in Islam that the punishment for a blasphemer is death. If this man comes in front of me I will definitely kill him," he said in response to a question by an opposition MP.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_timesofindia.indiatimes(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/World/Europe/Pakistan_scholars_honour_Bin_Lden_in_Rushdie_row/articleshow/2139365.cms"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_timesofindia.indiatimes(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/World/E...how/2139365.cms[/url]

and then last thursday came this news :

Pak traders offer Rs 10 mn reward for Rushdie's head

22 Jun, 2007

KARACHI: A traders organisation in Pakistan has offered a reward of Rs 10 million for anyone who beheads the controversial India-born author Salman Rushdie following Britain's decision to confer knighthood on the writer whose work has infuriated the Muslim world.

"We will give 10 million rupees (USD 165,000) to anyone who beheads Rushdie," Islamabad Traders Association General Secretary Ajmal Baloch said in Karachi on Thursday.

His announcement came during a protest by traders at one of the main markets of capital Islamabad.

Baloch also appealed to Islamic countries to boycott British products to protest the honour to Rushdie, whose Satanic Verses was considered "blasphemous" by Muslims.

Chief Minister of Sindh province Arbab Rahim, meanwhile, said he was returning titles awarded to his ancestors by the British in protest over the Queen's decision.

The reaction of Pakistanis to the British decision is becoming more vocal by the day, with an Islamic scholars body honouring Osama bin Laden yesterday to protest the knighthood.

The country's leading religious and opposition parties and lawyers have planned demonstrations and protest rallies all over the country against Rushdie and the British government and the Queen today.

Karachi police chief Azhar Farooqi said extra security measures are in place to avoid any untoward incident during these protests.

A news daily carried a report from London on Friday, saying that Pakistanis living in the UK were fearful of racist attacks in reprisal to the reaction to Rushdie's knighthood.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_timesofindia.indiatimes(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Pak_traders_offer_Rs_10_mn_rewrd_for_Rushdies_head/articleshow/2141284.cms"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_timesofindia.indiatimes(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Pak_tra...how/2141284.cms[/url]

waleykum asalaam,

Have you even read the book, or are you simply following sheeple mentality?

Salaams peeps,

I tried reading one of his books once. I could not penetrate it as it was so incredibly tedious. To be honest as a Muslim it makes absolutely no difference to me whatsoever as to who a knightehood is awarded to.

Peace

Rushdie isn't a third-rate writer, he's probably one of the few contemporary authors whose books will survive. He will probably win the Nobel. have you read 'The Satanic Verses'? No? Have you read any works of English literature so as to have some basis for comparison? No?

Salaams peeps,

I tried reading one of his books once. I could not penetrate it as it was so incredibly tedious. To be honest as a Muslim it makes absolutely no difference to me whatsoever as to who a knightehood is awarded to.

Peace

I found reading his work is like eating a very fine meal. Incredible once you know your way around the table but once your done you need time to relax and digest. His work is packed with so much than I needed to read lesser books afterwards because of the mental exhastion. Still, Satanic Verses is one of my favorite books because of the depth and scope while the central themes are so simple and universal. Every line was like beautiful poetry

:sl: dear muslims

sheeple mentality

i want to be teh Sheepie !!!!111one.

---

have you read 'The Satanic Verses'? No? Have you read any works of English literature so as to have some basis for comparison? No?

I know the Question was not directed to me but : I have no read it, but thats not the point.

Muslims are not exactly offended because its Poor English with lots of Spelling Mistakes etc.

Its the Content.

---

For Example, if your neighbours accused your Parents over something not true, and led to them get Eyeballed by your other Neighbors, would you be a bit cheesed off ?

---

As for me, i dont really are who is knighted and who is not, but its the Principle of the thing, i mean where did this did dude pop out from ?

If you have not read it, how do you know the content? Can you cite me what exactly is offensive to Muslims from the book?

Just slightly off topic (but not really, actually - far more ON topic than most of the posts we're going to see in this thread) - the last scene where the village, lead by the butterfly girl, walks into the sea and maybe drowns but maybe (probably, Rushdie hints) walks acoss the floor of the Arabian Sea to Mecca, in an Allah-ordained miracle, is quite beautiful and quite affirming of the poetic 'truth' of Islam.

Just slightly off topic (but not really, actually - far more ON topic than most of the posts we're going to see in this thread) - the last scene where the village, lead by the butterfly girl, walks into the sea and maybe drowns but maybe (probably, Rushdie hints) walks acoss the floor of the Arabian Sea to Mecca, in an Allah-ordained miracle, is quite beautiful and quite affirming of the poetic 'truth' of Islam.

Really? Its based on a true event where a Shi'a village walked into the ocean and drowned. The last thing the landlord sees is strongly ginted to be a hallusination caused by hunger and grief. So I saw more as a testament agaisnt blind faith. That if reckless, it will strip you of your wealth, of your home, of your friends and family, and even of your sanity

Oh, I agree that he's also saying that (he's a very good author because he manages to say a lot) but just let me find my copy ... erm .. where is it ... while we're waiting, I don't think that a practitioner of magic realism would completely deny magical "truth" ... (is it under the bed? no ...) (dang, I can find two copies of Midnight's Children, The Ground Beneath Her Feet, The Moor's Last Sigh ...). Well, I really need some more bookshelves... Here it is!

OK, found it. There are 'witnesses' to the parting of the Arabian Sea, including the materialist Mirza Saeed and the Hindu Sri Srinivas. I think Rushdie leaves it fairly open as to whether or not it "really" happened. But it's a very dense and complex book and I'm not an expert in post-modernism.

BTW, re the OP. You should know that the PM has a large hand in creating the honours list. You really ought to be complaining that this is Blair's farewell attack. Just to give you a clue.

What if people giving Dan Brown (Writer of Da Vinci Code) a Knighthood Title for insulting Christianity and Jesus?

Does the Queen ever think about this?

Wassalam,

Yasnov

What if people giving Dan Brown (Writer of Da Vinci Code) a Knighthood Title for insulting Christianity and Jesus?

Does the Queen ever think about this?

Wassalam,

Yasnov

If you read the book, youll see its apples and oranges

If you read the book, youll see its apples and oranges

The book is overly long, very slow going, and at times dreadfully boring and certain plots do not even finish. For example, do Ayesha and Mishal make it across the arabian sea and is her cancer cured? What happens to her husband, when he dies in the fire is he reunited with Ayesha and Mishal? Also how does the exiled imam plot end? The one who hates the other Ayesha (confusing naming as well, why have 2 characters with the same name?) Were Gibreel and Saladin actualy Angel/Devil? Or were thoses just schitzofrenic dreams? If they were Angel/Devil then why did the angel turn out to be so murderous and really the bad one? Also what happened to Pamela and Jumpy? Who murdered them and why? Was it because of the information they had about Simba?

lol, just read the first few pages, and then you'll realize the reasons you are buying it and keep reading it in the first place is because of all the hype that was around it. The only reason it came to prominence was because of a small passage towards the end of the book that insulted Islam and the Prophet, and that's it.

As for the queen, she probably never even read the book herself since it said some very vulgar things about her. Basically the only message behind giving this knighthood is that they are saying that they support and stand by the people who disrespect Islam and that is the only reason that she knighted him.

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Edited by Yasnov

You haven't read it, have you, Yasnov? Let me guess - you C&Pd from Amazon(contact admin if its a beneficial link)'s customer reviews?

You're wrong about my motives for reading it. I've liked Rushdie since 'Midnight's Children', and I read 'Satanic Verses' before I'd heard of the Muslim reaction.

lol Yasnov. Just because you read Cole's Notes does not mean youll be anywhere near the lv to critisize the work. If you read the book does questions would make sense

PS> I saw lying around the campus bookstore and the premise and song in the first few pgs sounded very interesting. Only after I read it did I find out about its history and honestly, you must be mentally ill if you believe it insults Islam.

Edited by Isambard

You haven't read it, have you, Yasnov? Let me guess - you C&Pd from Amazon(contact admin if its a beneficial link)'s customer reviews?

Don't care with your guess. The point is .. can you answer my questions regarding Rusdie's novel?

You're wrong about my motives for reading it. I've liked Rushdie since 'Midnight's Children', and I read 'Satanic Verses' before I'd heard of the Muslim reaction.

But I never said that you are a very smart person, either ... lol so, your reading it doesn't mean anything ..

Only after I read it did I find out about its history and honestly, you must be mentally ill if you believe it insults Islam.

He lied. Prophet Muhammad never allowed himself to be tempted by the devil

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Don't care with your guess. The point is .. can you answer my questions regarding Rusdie's novel?

But I never said that you are a very smart person, either ... lol so, your reading it doesn't mean anything ..

He lied. Prophet Muhammad never allowed himself to be tempted by the devil

Wassalam,

Yasnov

When does he talk about Muhammed? (Aside from the Islamically accepted facts)

Rushdie isn't a third-rate writer, he's probably one of the few contemporary authors whose books will survive. He will probably win the Nobel. have you read 'The Satanic Verses'? No? Have you read any works of English literature so as to have some basis for comparison? No?

I Read it , It s filled with filth & garbage , He even Had a wet dream of the Queen in the Book , no wonder he is being Knighted :sl: .

He uses the Filthy "F" word more than 100 times in the Book I guess thats why westerners like him .

He Said that White Women are made for one thing Only ............... ?

But i think this is all art to the west , since they live in moral less societies to start with .

Edited by al faqeer

Peace,

But i think this is all art to the west , since they live in moral less societies to start with .

So true, fancy a pint (or ten) this evening btw?

He even Had a wet dream of the Queen in the Book , no wonder he is being Knighted :sl: .

cant stop laughing :sl: :j: :no:

Sure - state them.