Islamic Forum
sloopjohnb77

Attempted Uk Bombings

People who do not support the US/UK foreign policy aren't the ones who want to nuke Iran yasnov and they aren't killing innocent civilians for revenge like these muslims are.

Just like what Layna said, it's Muslims who are suffering. The U.S and others aren't invading non-Muslim lands.

I don’t believe that it’s accurate to say that other religions lack political ideologies; we have to look no further than the middle ages to see the role played by church and christianism in politics, society, and jurisprudence to discover that Christianity used to rule our societies , today this role is diminished mainly because the church have lost its power .

Atheist is right.

Argentine Priest In Dirty War Trial

Courtesy Of: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_english.aljazeera(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/NR/exeres/C55DE96A-3911-4F3E-A28E-29652C29D1EF.htm"]alJazeera[/url]

UPDATED ON:FRIDAY, JULY 06, 200714:53

MECCA TIME, 11:53 GMT

A Roman Catholic priest has gone on trial in Argentina charged with involvement in kidnappings, murder and torture while the country was under military rule from 1976 to 1983.

The Roman Catholic priest is charged with participating in seven murders, 42 kidnappings, and 31 cases of torture while he was chaplain to the Buenos Aires police force.

He is accused of using his religious position to obtain confessions from prisoners who were held at secret detention centres.

"Von Wernich would visit prisoners after horrific torture sessions and asked them to trust him, to give him information in exchange for an improvement in the conditions of their detention," Carlos Zaidman, a survivor of one of the detention camps, said.

The prosecution said, in a statement read to the court, that: "Von Wernich participated assiduously and maintained direct contacts with the detainees" and was fully complicit in the crimes committed by the state.

===

Hindus Get Life For Slaughtering 116 Muslims

14 Hindus Get Life In Killing Of 116 Muslims

By REUTERS

Published: July 8, 2007

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetnytimes(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/2007/07/08/world/asia/08india.html?ex=1341547200&en=ae6d80243e3e3eb7&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss"]NYTimes[/url]

An Indian court sentenced 14 Hindus to life on Saturday for killing 116 Muslims and burying their bodies in a cauliflower patch during one of India’s bloodiest religious riots almost 20 years ago.

...The 14 men, including a police officer, were part of a mob that hacked to death 116 Muslim men, women and children with swords and daggers on Oct. 27, 1989.

More than 1,000 people, most of them Muslims, were killed in Bhagalpur during the rioting.

===

Nun Jailed For Part In Rwandan Genocide

Sentenced To 30 Years For Helping Militias Kill Hundreds Hiding In Hospital

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetcbsnews(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/stories/2006/11/10/world/main2172939.shtml"]CBSNews[/url]

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Edited by Yasnov

PropellerAds

Salam,

Salaam,

You still need to give me an alternative to Muslim/Islamic terrorist. Islamist terrorist is starting to come in, and I think its a better alternative, but I would imiagine that to you it holds the same flaws?

Peace and Love,

DARLA

It is not really a better alternative Darla, as the term failed to show the role of America (West in general) in that extremism.

US Role In Islamist Terrorism

By Ivan Eland

July 3, 2007

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetantiwar(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/eland/?articleid=11230"]AntiWar[/url]

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Edited by Yasnov

I don’t believe that it’s accurate to say that other religions lack political ideologies; we have to look no further than the middle ages to see the role played by church and christianism in politics, society, and jurisprudence to discover that Christianity used to rule our societies , today this role is diminished mainly because the church have lost its power .

There is a difference, though. There are no defined laws for a Christian government. No rules for an economy or how the courts are to be run, how testimony is to be taken, taxes, etc. Islam does have this. They even have a name for it, Sharia. Christianity has nothing to this extent.

Christianity does not have an implied call to any form of government. Islam has an implied call to Sharia.

Christianity has nothing to this extent.

The Christians can always take the 613 laws from the first five books of the Bible and start from there. B)

The Jews are still obliged to implement these laws.

The Christians can always take the 613 laws from the first five books of the Bible and start from there

Yes, where there is a will, there is a a way. And it must be very dangerous on their case because they don't have any clear standard rules as how to establish their Christian kingdom.

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Three men in jail over bomb at church

By MARTHA DELLER

Star-Telegram staff writer

Posted on Sat, Jul. 07, 2007

Three Burleson men who belong to a "radical Christian activist group" were in the Johnson County Jail on Friday night after a church deacon caught two of them attempting to ignite an explosive device on Independence Day at a church under construction in north Burleson, authorities said Friday.

Dayton Lee Calaway, 19, and Michael Philip Plaisted Jr., 18, were arrested Wednesday night near the Victory Family Church after they got bogged down in mud as a fleet-footed deacon chased them from the church in the 400 block of Northwest John Jones Drive, police said.

Two other people drove away, the deacon told officers.

An explosive device in a glass container was found propped against the church door. The suspects apparently tried to detonate the device twice before being interrupted by the deacon, police and Burleson Fire Marshal Stacy Singleton said.

As authorities were investigating at the church, they were notified of a fire on undeveloped land behind a north Burleson residential subdivision. A nearby resident reported seeing a vehicle drive away.

On Thursday, Jered Michael Ragon, 18, voluntarily went to the police station for questioning after Calaway and Plaisted implicated him, police Detective T. Catron said. Police called a MedStar ambulance because Ragon's feet were burned, and a emergency medical crew treated him at the station.

Ragon had gotten gasoline on his feet as he tried to destroy evidence from the church fire in the field, and his feet were burned, Catron said.

Calaway, Plaisted and Ragon face charges of arson at a place of worship, a first-degree felony that carries a maximum sentence of life in prison, Singleton said.

They remained in the Johnson County Jail in Cleburne on Friday night with bail set at $30,000 each. Ragon also faces a charge of tampering with evidence; bail was set at $5,000.

The glass container from the church and evidence found in the field have been sent to a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives lab for analysis, Singleton said. The ATF and the U.S. attorney's office are reviewing the case to determine whether federal charges will be filed, he said.

Search warrants served Thursday night and Friday morning at Ragon's and Plaisted's homes uncovered evidence that was also sent to the ATF lab, police said.

Cmdr. Chris Havens, the Police Department spokesman, said the suspects boasted about belonging to a leaderless group of 10 or 15 who share a belief that society has become too focused on self-improvement and self-gratification and has lost focus on the glorification of God.

"They admit to being Christian and being brought up Christian, but they believe there should be one denomination and one church, not multiple denominations," Havens said.

"They did not say they had a name for their group, other than they were a radical Christian activist group. That was the way they explained their group," he said.

The suspects said the group has three levels of involvement: Bible study, consensual fighting and destructive acts. Because one of their beliefs is free thought, however, participation in all three levels is not mandatory, they told police.

The three admitted to being in a core group of seven that created the explosive weapon as a test to draw attention to the demise of society and to see whether the device would work, Havens said.

"They believe that the past generations have accumulated trash and are responsible for making younger generations clean up their mess," he said. "They're trying to make a statement and get society's attention regarding that."

That's why two of the men said they were involved in an earlier fire in a recycling bin at CentrePoint Church on Alsbury Road, Singleton said. That fire burned the materials in the bin but did not damage the church, he said.

None of the men has a criminal record, he said.

A fourth suspect, a juvenile, was not arrested because the others said he was not involved, Havens said.

Authorities are trying to learn the identities of the others in the core group, he said.

"We put them in the category of a domestic terrorist group," Havens said. "We hope to discover the names of other individuals involved and if other devices have been prepared along with any plans they may be talking about to further their cause."

Burleson police have no evidence to link the group to an arson fire and vandalism two weeks ago at the Bethesda Baptist Church of Saginaw, Singleton said.

"We don't have anything that leads us to believe they've been anywhere else right now," he said.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetstar-telegram(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/story/161625.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetstar-telegram(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/story/161625.html[/url]

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Edited by Yasnov

British Public Don't Feel Threatened by Terrorism, But By Crime and Government

Posted: 2007/07/02

From: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_mathaba(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/related.shtml?x=556949"]Mathaba[/url]

Almost none of the thousands of comments left in answer to a BBC loaded question show much fear of terrorism, but rather of crime and/or their own government. Immigration is another factor of concern. Muslim commenters however mostly felt obliged to defend themselves and/or to declare their British patriotism.

The following appeared on the popular British news site, the BBC:

How safe do you feel in the UK?

How have recent events made you feel?

Detectives investigating the failed car bombings at Glasgow airport and in London have arrested two more men.

Police are linking the failed bombings and the UK remains on high alert.

Do you feel safe in the UK? Do the events deter you from coming to the UK on holiday or business? Have you been affected by the heightened security? How can extremists be isolated? Send us your comments and experiences.

Yet the reaction of ordinary Brits is probably not something the British authorities who are on a constant fear-mongering crusade aided by a compliant media. The following are the first 40 pages of unedited comments, showing that the public do not feel safe in Britain, but because of crime and immigration, not terrorism.

At the end, is a link to the original comment form where more recent and older comments than the first 40 pages below, may be found.

However, what apparently nobody has picked up on yet is the question of why did security forces blow up a car connected to the airport incident in the hospital grounds which, according to the BBC, did not contain explosives. Should they not rather have collected evidence from it? Unless, of course, the idea is to create a media spectacle and make a real explosion, so things look a lot more important. It is the same behaviour of the British police who blew up a car in a parking lot that they said was connected to the "July 7" bombers. Not without reason has Russian President Putin labelled the British Police (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_mathaba(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/?x=555217"]idiots[/url]. Enough of our own comment, now over to the British masses:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?sortBy=1&threadID=6686&start=510&tstart=0&&&&edition=2&ttl=20070709115231#paginat"]Newsforum BBC[/url]

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Edited by Yasnov

The Christians can always take the 613 laws from the first five books of the Bible and start from there.

The Jews are still obliged to implement these laws.

They could, but most Christians believe these laws no longer apply.

Christianity, today, is more concerned with personal belief, not in imposing an exterior structure on other people.

They could, but most Christians believe these laws no longer apply.

Christianity, today, is more concerned with personal belief, not in imposing an exterior structure on other people.

:sl:

[sarcasm]Yeah well.. they are only the Mighty Lords Laws.. it's not like they are important or anything - us mere humans should live by our own laws! You know what.. God doesn't need to judge us on the Day of Judgement either.. we can do that ourselves too based on our own law! That way, we can do whatever we want and not get punished for it![/sarcasm]

Mehmet

Listen shaidmahmood brother calling anyone a "moron",an "idiot" and has "half a brain" doesn't put you under a good light at all!!

Grow up a bit yeah as some of your comments don't give a good impression to public/outside readers.

Hope you understand.

Inshallah you do.

:j: for understanding bro. :no:

There is a difference, though. There are no defined laws for a Christian government. No rules for an economy or how the courts are to be run, how testimony is to be taken, taxes, etc. Islam does have this. They even have a name for it, Sharia. Christianity has nothing to this extent.

Christianity does not have an implied call to any form of government. Islam has an implied call to Sharia.

The adjacent to sharia (legislation) which is the implementation, less or more, of what was mentioned in the Quran, is theology in Christianity.

Now it’s not true that Christianity does not possess any call for any form of government:

Matthew 10 :

34"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father,a daughter against her mother,a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law – 36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'..

Matthew 28:

18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Luke 1:

32He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end."

Nor it’s true that it does not possess any form of organization of this government:

Legislation:

Matthew 5:

17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 11:

29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Matthew 12:

18"Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations.

John 5:

20For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, to your amazement he will show him even greater things than these. 21For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it. 22Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son

Hence the source of legislation is the bible ,For ex :

Taxes:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Tithe"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Tithe[/url]

divorce :

Mark10 :

5It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law," Jesus replied. 6"But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.' 7'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one. 9Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

10When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. 11He answered, "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. 12And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery."

[sarcasm]Yeah well.. they are only the Mighty Lords Laws.. it's not like they are important or anything - us mere humans should live by our own laws! You know what.. God doesn't need to judge us on the Day of Judgement either.. we can do that ourselves too based on our own law! That way, we can do whatever we want and not get punished for it![/sarcasm]

Are you being sarcastic? :sl:

Btw, atheist, I don't understand what Matthew 10,11,and 12 have to do with your point. Could you elaborate for my sake?

As for Mark 10, those are matters regarding private morality for christians, not a government policy imposed on all. Did you forget "leave unto Caesar...?"

Edited by Russ of Vespuccia

Concerning Mathieu 10, the mentioned sword is a metaphor, probably from Jesus point of view the changes he’s trying to bring forward will not be realized peacefully, as the early Christian history have shown, hence the conclusion that the only way for peace is through the acceptance of the whole which is the doctrine he’s preaching, thus a call for a primitive kind of state.

Concerning Mathieu 11and 12, this a clear call to learn from Jesus as Jesus being the source of truth and justice, thus a call for a faith from which just laws will be brought forward.

Romans 9:

What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue Justice, have obtained it, a Justice that is by faith; 31but israel, who pursued a law of justice, has not attained it. 32 Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works.

Concerning mark 10 the point was to show Christian Sharia .

Concerning leave unto Caesar … actually it’s more a morality when dealing with others, it teaches to be righteous.

Anyway I hope I will not be misunderstood.

In regards to tithing it is not a government tax. It is a donation to the Church. Nowhere do I see where it says that Christians should impose such taxation through the government, or attempt to impose such a government on others.

In regards to marriage I simply see it saying that the religios ramifications are of divorce and adultery and defining them. I do not see where Jesus imposes a set punishment or legal code. In fact he seems to acknowledge the existence of divorce. If this was an attempt to impose law on people then I would think he would simply say that the law should be that noone can get divorced, or at least not get remarried while the ex-spouse is still alive. He does not such thing, though.

It seems to me that he is imposing a moral code, not a legal one.

Regarding tithing I’m pretty sure it was compulsory, only when church lost its power this status was changed, if you require further proof I would be more than happy to provide them.

Concerning the rest it’s safe to say that if you wish to explain the Christian sharia as trying to impose a moral code than it’s only just to say that the Islamic sharia is trying to do the same.

Anyway I believe that previous posts prove my point which is Christianity, like Islam and Judaism, possess a political and governmental ideology.

Psalm 2:

8 Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. 9 You will rule them with an iron scepter; you will dash them to pieces like pottery." 10 Therefore, you kings, be wise; be warned, you rulers of the earth receive instructions11 Serve the LORD with fear and rejoice with trembling.

I dont get it, why did the 21/7 'bombers' target almost-empty trains and buses?

Prescribing World Terrorism

Courtesy Of: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_torontosun.canoe.ca/News/Columnists/Margolis_Eric/2007/07/08/4322737.html"]The Toronto Sun[/url]

By Eric Margolis

Published On: Monday, July 9, 2007

Pundits and self-appointed experts on Islam are wringing their hands and trying to explain why two Muslim doctors and at least six other medical workers were involved in this week’s failed bombings in London and Glasgow.

It certainly sounds horrific and counter-intuitive. Physicians, trained to heal, turned into would-be mass murderers with cars packed full of explosive materials and nails.

Since I’m writing a book on why the Muslim world is so angry at the West, let me venture some heretical thoughts.

First, there is nothing sacrosanct about doctors. Behind carefully cultivated veneers of icy detachment, they have the same emotions as ordinary mortals. The most evil, frightening man I ever met — and I’ve met a lot — was Haiti’s tyrant, “Papa Doc†Duvalier, who was a crusading country doctor before he turned into a Voodoo-crazed despot.

Second, the amateur, would-be killers who staged these bungled attacks were not, as many Western pundits claim, driven by some sort of homicidal perversion native to Islam.

An entire cottage industry of publicity-seeking anti-Muslim writers is at work seeking to confirm the increasingly popular prejudice that Islam is a sick, demented, homicidal faith.

These pundits are merely licking the hand that pays them.

The two accused doctors now under arrest in Britain were most likely driven by rage over the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, pure and simple.

Nothing ever excuses killing civilians. Those who stage horrific bombings against israelis, Europeans, Americans and fellow Muslim civilians are criminals. Nothing excuses their behaviour. But we must understand why it happens and why it will continue.

Right Response

Britain’s new prime minister, Gordon Brown, responded the right way to the London and Glasgow incidents. Unlike Tony Blair, who raised anti-Western attacks to hysterical, apocalyptic levels, declaring civilization in peril, the dour Brown properly characterized the latest outrages as “criminal†acts to be handled by the police.

The two doctors suspected of trying to kill British civilians were most likely motivated by the same ferocious fury as the suicide squads who attacked New York and Washington on Sept. 11, 2001.

Their attacks were not the result of some innate sickness in Islam, misreading the Koran, brainwashing, or hatred of Western shopping habits.

Our governments and media just refuse to face the ugly reality that such attacks are a direct reaction to our own violent actions in the Mideast and South Asia.

We can’t expect to go on bombing and shooting up Iraq, or shredding Afghan villages with cluster bombs and 20mm gatling guns, and not expect violent reaction.

The increasing deaths of civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the ongoing agonies of Palestine, have enraged the Muslim world against the West.

Most Muslims simply complain. But a tiny number, as in Britain, forget rationality, humanity, or common sense and try to strike back at what they believe are the oppressors of the Muslin world.

Such violence is criminal and, worse, to paraphrase Tallyrand, a mistake.

They undermine whatever cause the militants are fighting for, making them into criminals with no possible justifiable grievances.

In the end, innocent Muslims in Britain and other Western nations become victims of these mindless attacks.

But revenge attacks will continue, and even intensify, until the West reassesses its policies in the regions that are generating such anti-Western violence.

Intensified police work is needed at home to prevent more attacks. Muslim leaders must keep telling their people that attacks against civilians are immoral and self-defeating.

But Western governments have to face the fact that the wars they are waging against the Muslim world are the primary generators of terrorism. In the intelligence business, it’s called blowback.

Blaming every violent incident on the shadowy al-Qaida is a handy excuse for avoiding reality and responsibility.

But it won’t change the fact that a good 20% of the world’s population is increasingly enraged at the U.S., Britain and Australia.

And, now, Canada.

© 2007 The Toronto Sun

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Millions of non muslims disagree with the foreign policy of the US/UK just as vehemently, but they don't resort to killing innocents.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_comment.independent.co.uk/columnists_m_z/mark_steel/article2733231.ece"]Mark Steel[/url]: if Stonehenge was bombed on the Summer Solstice, and teepees set ablaze with an excuse that they were threatening us with fertility symbols of mass destruction, you'd soon see the odd one behaving strangely outside a nightclub or airport.

Wassalam,

Yasnov

The West Will Fail

By Sarah Smiles and Brendan Nicholson

July 11, 2007

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yettheage(contact admin if its a beneficial link).au/news/national/west-will-fail-says-excia-operative/2007/07/10/1183833519273.html"]TheAge[/url]

He said the West's biggest mistake in the war on terror was to ignore the grievances of Islamic insurgents.

He said Western politicians, including Prime Minister John Howard, deceived the public by suggesting that terrorists were motivated only by hatred for freedoms enjoyed in the West.

Mr Howard had "warbled" the "wildly inaccurate ditty" that the London bombers were

motivated by a hatred of Western culture, Mr Scheuer said.

He said Al-Qaeda was motivated by anger towards US foreign policy in the Middle East rather than by hatred for Western culture.

That included the US military presence in the region, its backing of tyrannical Arab regimes and "unqualified" support for israel.

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Ex-CIA Man Exposes Hysteria Of Car "Bomb" Terror

London car bombs would not have killed anyone, government using terrorist tactics by hyping fear to morph society

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetprisonplanet(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/july2007/010707exposeshysteria.htm"]Link[/url]

Wassalam,

Yasnov