Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
me

Nature Of The Quran

Peace all,

I was reading an article a while back, and it quoted an Muslim scholar, who said "what Jesus is to Christians, the Quran is to Muslims."

Now I know what Jesus is to Christians, can you help me understand what the Quran is to Muslims?

A Muslim once suggested to me (but did not state outrignt) that the Quran is uncreated and eternal. Is it holy? Will it be in paradise at the end of this age? Does it share other attributes of God beyond being uncreated and eternal? (If that is indeed true) ###### has already provided me with sime good suras about what the Quran says about itself, but a broader picture of it's place in the Islamic worldview would be helpful as well.

Thank you, and God bless you all.

PropellerAds

Greetings Me,

Why don't you read the Qur'an and see for yourself?

The Qur'an is Allah's words and no matter who you are or from whatever era you come from or whatever country, nation, tribe, the message is for you and those who Allah choose's to guide. It explains all things in all life, as well as alot of history of those before us, it has made me feel all kinds of emotions just by reading it, the miracles in it is amazing. I advise you to read it with an open heart and I pray that you are rightly guided....Ameen :sl:

The best description of the book has been given by God himself

Surathul Baqara chapter 2 verse 2

2. This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear Allah.

Quran is a book of signs, and is the word of Allah. The most important source in Islam is the Quran, next is the authentic Hadith which is the details of the Quran. The Quran and the Hadith will never contradict with the Quran.

Please read the following. You may find it interesting

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1158658486209&pagename=Zone-English-Living_Shariah%2FLSELayout"]An Introduction of Quran[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/English/Living_Shariah/QuranTheReminder/FactsFallacies/2006/09/01.shtml"]How Quran differs from the Bible[/url]

Hi to you all :sl:

So the Quran is the actual word of god? Has anyone ever wondered how Mohamed remembered all this before he wrote it down? or did he write it down as it was spoken to him?

Respect and thank you

:sl:

For me the quran is the book of law, guidance and inspiration, an eye opener, a proclamation of happiness and sorrow. happiness when i know i will be forgiven and sadness when i know how i have wronged my soul, a book full of truth, a book which can never be burned or forgotten (people have memorized it for 1400 years).

The Quran is the speech of God. As in God said those words to Gabriel and Gabriel read them to Muhammed and Muhammed transmitted it. Those who heard it memorized it. All this in real time. The memorization was rehearsed every year during the month of ramadhan. Thus for years before it was made in a binded copy, people knew the Quran word for word.

It is a book which people dont read. a book about which non muslims have preconcived assumptions. A book which many read in a language other than Arabic and accept Islam while some others find arguments.

Perhaps theres more to which crossing my mind.