Islamic Forum
Z19bm

A List Of Biblical Contradictions

Jazza - I wasn't suggesting that the fact that the Koran was written after Mohammed died was reason to believe that the Koran is "corrupt", to use ######'s misused word. I was pointing out that the fact that the NT was written after Jesus was crucified isn't evidence of anything regarding the NT's accuracy.

PropellerAds
And, of course, it begs the REALLY obvious question - did Mohammed's Companions write the Koran during his lifetime?

They wrote it under his guidance. He had personal scribes who were appointed to the task of writing the Qur'an as he dictated the words. He would then order them to read it back to him so as to make sure there were no errors.

Salam.

When Mohammed had his revelations, hundreds of people were around him, even his enemies witnessed his relevations.

I thought at least some of his revelations happened when he was alone in a cave? Also "Now these people would most definately communicate after these revelations and see if they heard it wrong to this person, or that person" is pretty much guarranteed to result in different versions. Which is why Abu Bakar produced the definitive version.

But I don't want to argue the veracity of the Koran here - I'm just pointing out that ######'s point (when he finally gets around to making it) that the NT was written after the death of Jesus doesn't prove anything. No-one claims that it was witten during his lifetime. And no-one claims that the NT is the direct word of a god.

I thought at least some of his revelations happened when he was alone in a cave?

The first.

Which is why Abu Bakar produced the definitive version.

He didn't produce anything. He compiled the available writings of the Qur'an into one book. The reason he did so was because in one battle, over 400 esteemed memorizers of the Qur'an were killed.

Also, at that point (as it was being revealed) the Qur'an was not simply being mentioned around. It was being taught. It didn't result in different versions because as he received the revelations, prophet Muhammad was teaching it to his companions. He made sure that they had sentence and word put to memory before sending them off into the public.

I know you're not disputing the Qur'an, but I just wanted to explain.

Salam.

Jazza - I wasn't suggesting that the fact that the Koran was written after Mohammed died was reason to believe that the Koran is "corrupt", to use ######'s misused word. I was pointing out that the fact that the NT was written after Jesus was crucified isn't evidence of anything regarding the NT's accuracy.

'bartlett' ......You claim that you are atheist and you don't believe in any gods! My question is : Do you 'bartlett' believe in the NT?

I think it's very likely that Jesus existed and it's likely that he said and did many of the things attributed to him (not including the 'miracles, of course).

By the way, did you know that your mate Tolstoy learned Greek so he could read the NT in the original? He did his own translation, leaving out all the supernatural stuff. He didn't believe that gods interact with humans.

I think it's very likely that Jesus existed and it's likely that he said and did many of the things attributed to him (not including the 'miracles, of course).

We Muslims believe that Jesus exists and we love and respect him so much because he is a messenger of Allah (God) to the lost sheep of the house of israel. During his prophetic mission, Jesus performed many miracles. God tells us that Jesus said:

I have come to you with a sign from your Lord. I make for you the shape of a bird out of clay, I breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by God’s permission. I heal the blind from birth and the leper. And I bring the dead to life by God’s permission. And I tell you what you eat and what you store in your houses....” (Quran, 3:49)

On the contrary, you claim that you are an atheist and you don't believe in any gods. Do you believe in the NT? The answer is simple : Yes or No.

By the way, did you know that your mate Tolstoy learned Greek so he could read the NT in the original? He did his own translation, leaving out all the supernatural stuff. He didn't believe that gods interact with humans.

Leo Tolstoy wrote “As far as the preference of Mohammedanism to Orthodoxy is concerned…, I can fully sympathize with such conversion. To say this might be strange for me who values the Christian ideals and the teaching of Christ in their pure sense more that anything else, I do not doubt that Islam in its outer form stands higher than the Orthodox Church. Therefore, if a person is given only two choices: to adhere to the Orthodox Church or Islam, any sensible person will not hesitate about his choice, and anyone will prefer Islam with its acceptance of one tenet, single God and His Prophet instead such complex and incomprehensible things in theology as the Trinity, redemption, sacraments, the saints and their images, and complicated services…

To the Christians reading this, how do you resolve this contradiction:

The LORD is good to all; He has compassion on all He has made. Psalm 145:9

and

I will smash them one against the other, fathers and sons alike, declares the LORD. I will allow no pity or mercy or compassion to keep me from destroying them. Jeremiah 13:14

Now it seems to me that Psalm 145:9 is from a prayer that David was saying, while Jeremiah 13:14 is talking about what has happened after the time of David has passed. Does this mean that the Lord showed compassion on all He made while David was king, but after not-so-good kings took the throne of David, the Lord became selective in his application of mercy? Or is there another resolution of this apparent conflict?

To be honest, I do see this as a contradiction. But I am an honest and open-minded person, and if you can show me that within the proper context the contradiction is resolved, then I will happily accept that resolution of the conflict. I understand it can be very frustrating explaining apparent contradictions to someone when they've already made up their mind about it - I've encountered that type of mentality when trying to explain away contradictions some people seem to find in the Quran.

Thanks...

It always amazes me how many times God of the Bible orders the killing of innocent people even after the Ten Commandments said “Thou shall not kill”. For example, God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21). God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the israelites can live there. He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3). He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and ######” (Joshua 6). In Judges 21, He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead, except for the virgin girls who were taken to be forcibly raped and married. When they wanted more virgins, God told them to hide alongside the road and when they saw a girl they liked, kidnap her and forcibly rape her and make her your wife! In 2 Kings 10:18-27, God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church!

The Bible contradict itself.

check this :

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgodandscience(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/apologetics/notkill.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgodandscience(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/apologetics/notkill.html[/url]

(for both cefarix and ######)

Forever Young, that doesn't completely answer my question though. The issue I brought up does not really have to do with killing or murder, but with whether God is merciful or not. Can you please answer that?

Forever Young, that doesn't completely answer my question though. The issue I brought up does not really have to do with killing or murder, but with whether God is merciful or not. Can you please answer that?

The answer is so simple.

God is Just and does not tollerate sins.

He is merciful with those who repent sincerely.

Assalam Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

MashaAllah wa taqabbal Allah Brother ######.. May Allah reward you with the best in both worlds and grant you perseverance.. Allahumma aameen

For our non Muslims Bros and sisters, i would like to share the following link and this is a book by Rahmatullah Kairanvi [1864]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislam4all(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/newpage71.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislam4all(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/newpage71.htm[/url]

May Allah SWT guide us all... Allahumma aameen

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislam4all(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/newpage71.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislam4all(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/newpage71.htm[/url]

:sl:

Well Young Forever..

have a look at it .. read it... and voice what you have to say rather than.. whistling around ..

May Allah SWT guide us all - Allahumma aameen

Well Young Forever..

have a look at it .. read it... and voice what you have to say rather than.. whistling around ..

May Allah SWT guide us all - Allahumma aameen

I've read thousand of sites like this one.

Do you want me to voice want I think about your link??

Ok lady ...

RUBBISH !

The answer is so simple.

God is Just and does not tollerate sins.

He is merciful with those who repent sincerely.

I'm sorry but I don't understand. Could you please elaborate on this within the context of the two verses I quoted in my earlier post?

On the contrary, you claim that you are an atheist and you don't believe in any gods. Do you believe in the NT? The answer is simple : Yes or No.

I've told you what I think, in simple language. I think Jesus probably existed and probably said a version of the things attributed to him. I think most of the things he said were good. I don't believe in the supernatural stuff, being an atheist. Does that means I "believe in" the NT? No idea. You decide.

Leo Tolstoy wrote “As far as the preference of Mohammedanism to Orthodoxy is concerned…, I can fully sympathize with such conversion. To say this might be strange for me who values the Christian ideals and the teaching of Christ in their pure sense more that anything else, I do not doubt that Islam in its outer form stands higher than the Orthodox Church. Therefore, if a person is given only two choices: to adhere to the Orthodox Church or Islam, any sensible person will not hesitate about his choice, and anyone will prefer Islam with its acceptance of one tenet, single God and His Prophet instead such complex and incomprehensible things in theology as the Trinity, redemption, sacraments, the saints and their images, and complicated services…â€

Yep, he says plainly and explicitly that being a Muslim might be the right choice for some people if their only other choice is the Russian Orthodox Church. He wasn't a member of the church at the time, so the question didn't arise for him. (Nor does it arise for anyone, really - I think he's having a little joke here - the choice is never solely between Islam and the Russian Orthodox Church.) As he says, the teaching of Christ is more important for him than anything else.

check this :

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgodandscience(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/apologetics/notkill.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgodandscience(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/apologetics/notkill.html[/url]

(for both cefarix and ######)

I have visited the website and I find that the website is cruel, brutal, ignorant and disgusting. Let me quote a part of the brutal website:

Surely God could have spared the children! People tend to assume that children are innocent, even if their parents are doing bad things. The assumption is unfounded. For example, Palestinian Muslim children are officially taught in grammar school to hate their Jewish neighbors.17 They are so well indoctrinated that some of them give up their lives in suicide bombings as children.18 Corruption literally does breed corruption, which is why God did not want the Hebrews tainted by the other corrupt cultures of the Middle East.

Therefore, I am not surprised to know that the God of the Bible allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 and Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks (Hosea 13:16 & Psalms 137:9).

We know that Allah (God) is the All-Merciful so He will not tolerate the cruel, brutal, ignorant and disgusting Biblical verses above! In other word, the present Bible is not the word of God but the word of corrupt and immoral writers of the Bible according to the Bible itself (Jeremiah 8:8)!

Children, in accordance to Islam are entitled to various and several rights. The first and foremost of these rights is the right to be properly brought up, raised and educated. This means that children should be given suitable sufficient, sound and adequate religious, ethical and moral guidance to last them for their entire life. They should be engraved with true values, the meaning of right and wrong, true and false, correct and incorrect, appropriate and inappropriate and so forth and so on. Allah, the Almighty stated in the Glorious Qur’an:

O ye who believe! Save yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is Men and Stones.” The Holy Quran 66:6

Allah (SWT) says in Noble Qur'an: "Kill not your children for fear of want. We shall provide sustenance for them as well as for you. Verily the killing of them is great sin." Noble Qur'an (17: 31)

Allah’s Apostle, PBUH also said: “Every one of your (people) is a shepherd. And every one is responsible for whatever falls under his responsibility. A man is like a shepherd of his own family, and he is responsible for them. “ This Hadith is reported by both Bukhari and Muslim.

Anas b. Mâlik relates that an elderly man approached, wanting an audience with the Prophet (peace be upon him), but the people were slow to make room for him, so the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “Whoever fails to show mercy to our children and honor to our elders is not one of us.” [sunan al-Tirmidhî (1919)]

Messenger of Allah the prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) used to speak about children - boys and girls - and Say: "O Muslims, O fathers and mothers, O my followers, be kind and compassionate towards children, for someone who is not kind to children has no place amongst the Muslims."

Cerafix, the NT doesn't pretend to be anything but history written by humans, and while the OT makes claims here and there to be the direct word of god, most Christians see it as also a version of history and teachings about the culture of the pre-Christians. The extent to which a Christian sees the OT as being the 'word of god' is the extent to which they are a fundamentalist. The vast majority of Christians concentrate on Christ, not Jewish history. It's muddled up because the OT stories are (or were) widely known in Christian countries, so they have a non-religious aspect of being part of the common culture. In Anglican traditions the King James Bible is one of the great works of English literature, whether you believe in a god or not.

Cerafix, the NT doesn't pretend to be anything but history written by humans, and while the OT makes claims here and there to be the direct word of god, most Christians see it as also a version of history and teachings about the culture of the pre-Christians. The extent to which a Christian sees the OT as being the 'word of god' is the extent to which they are a fundamentalist. The vast majority of Christians concentrate on Christ, not Jewish history. It's muddled up because the OT stories are (or were) widely known in Christian countries, so they have a non-religious aspect of being part of the common culture. In Anglican traditions the King James Bible is one of the great works of English literature, whether you believe in a god or not.

The Christian Bible consists of the Hebrew scriptures, which have been called the Old Testament, and some later writings known as the New Testament. Some groups within Christianity include additional books as part one or both of these sections of their sacred writings – most prominent among which are the biblical apocrypha or deuterocanonical books.

According to the Gospel According to Matthew, Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets ( the Old Testament). "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

I really pity you 'bartlett' for trying to mislead people.

The extent to which a Christian sees the OT as being the 'word of god' is the extent to which they are a fundamentalist.

ooooh finally Bartlett.

I dont know any Christian who believes the OT as being the direct word of God .

I'm not saying there are not , but personally I dont know any , maybe because I live in a Catholic country , and Catholicism had never considered the Bible as being the word of God.

I mean , we (catholics) consider it to be "the sacred story" of israel and a tool for knowing how God acts in the world .

For us the Eternal Word of God is Jesus Christ.

I hope you understand what I mean . I know my English is poor.

In Anglican traditions the King James Bible is one of the great works of English literature, whether you believe in a god or not.

Are you an Anglican yourself? I mean culturally.