Islamic Forum
Z19bm

A List Of Biblical Contradictions

Both parents agnostic but mother had a religious upbringing, so culturally, yes. But one of my grandfathers was a lapsed Catholic and his vast tribe of Irish immigrant relatives remind me that Catholicism is both much more and much less pious than Anglicanism. I have (well, had) a Great Aunt known for dancing on the piano at the pub when her team won, and for going to early mass at least 5 times a week.

PropellerAds

Allah had sent the prophet Jesus, Moses etc to the lost sheep of the House of israel to teach and guide them back to the path of Allah.

Jesus became one of the greatest prophets of God, and was sent to the Children of israel in order to confirm the teachings of his predecessor, the Prophet Moses. His birth was a miracle, and, like all prophets of God, he was granted several miracles. He approached his people, telling them:

[Lo! I come unto you with a sign from your Lord. Lo! I fashion for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, and I breathe into it and it is a bird, by Allah's leave. I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I raise the dead, by Allah's leave. And I announce unto you what ye eat and what ye store up in your houses. Lo! herein verily is a portent for you, if ye are to be believers.

And (I come) confirming that which was before me of the Torah, and to make lawful some of that which was forbidden unto you. I come unto you with a sign from your Lord, so keep your duty to Allah and obey me.

Lo! Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path.] (The Holy Quran, Aal `Imran 3:49-51)

However, the writers of the Gospels had corrupted some of the teachings of Jesus into a lie. For example:

Did Jesus tell his disciples everything?

Jesus told his disciples everything:

For all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. John 15:15

VERSUS

There were some things that Jesus didn't tell them:

I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. John 16:12

Both parents agnostic but mother had a religious upbringing, so culturally, yes. But one of my grandfathers was a lapsed Catholic and his vast tribe of Irish immigrant relatives remind me that Catholicism is both much more and much less pious than Anglicanism. I have (well, had) a Great Aunt known for dancing on the piano at the pub when her team won, and for going to early mass at least 5 times a week.

Ok thank you. :sl:

My dad also is an agnostic.

###### , if you want to expose Bible's contradictions , just expose them and leave Allah out .

He has nothing to do with the Bible.

I know who is Jesus according to the quran , so no need for you to tell it everytime. :sl:

However, the writers of the Gospels had corrupted the teachings of Jesus into a lie. For example:

Jesus told his disciples everything:

For all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. John 15:15

VERSUS

There were some things that Jesus didn't tell them:

The reason people say that Jesus contradicts himself about saying things secretly or not, especially in relation to parables, is due to a lack of textual and cultural contextualising.

This answer requires significant background information, some of which I hope to give briefly here.

Firstly, what is a parable? It is a story given in order to clarify, emphasize or illustrate a teaching, not a teaching within itself. Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi. In Rabbinical literature there are approximately 4000 parables recorded. It was thought by Rabbis to be good practice to divide their instruction of the people into three parts, the latter third typically being two parables representative to the first two thirds. Jesus carries on in this tradition with just over one third of his recorded instruction being in the form of parables. He drew upon a wealth of images that the israelis of his day knew, using common motifs such as plants, animals etc. Therefore the point of each of Jesus' parables was clear to all the listeners, which can be seen from the Gospels too. Parables were so rich and also so subtle that not only could they drive home a clear and simple point to the ordinary listener, but the scholars could turn them over and over in their mind, deriving greater and greater meaning from them. So, Jesus often expanded on the meaning of a parable to his disciples, his close students, in response to their inquiry or to instruct them further as any Jewish Rabbi would.

This can be seen from reading Mark 4:34 in context. For it says, "With many similar parables Jesus spoke the word to them [the crowds], as much as they could understand. He did not say anything to them without using a parable [to clarify, emphasize or illustrate the teaching]. But when he was alone with his own disciples he explained everything [taught them more, for they could understand more than the crowds]." Mark 4:33-34.

Therefore parables were not secret teachings. They are not esoteric knowledge given only to the initiated. It makes no sense (nor has any historical basis) to say that Jesus went around confusing people. He went around in order to teach and instruct people. So when Jesus was asked while on trial in court (John 18:20) about his teaching, he says something to the words of "I taught publicly - everyone heard my words. You know I taught. I did not teach in secret." He was right.

As all this is true, what are these "secrets of the kingdom of heaven" which Jesus speaks of? The only 'secret' ("the mystery hidden for long ages past, but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writing by the command of the eternal God, so that the nations might believe and obey him" (Romans 16:25-26) is that Jesus is Lord!

This secret was that Jesus' mission was foretold by the prophets, that he was the fulfillment of these prophecies and the greatest revelation that would ever be given to mankind. His words were not only for the saving of people, but also for the judging of people because they were "ever hearing but never understanding, ever seeing but never perceiving" (Matthew 13:14) as many of the hearers of the parables were unwilling to repent and submit to God.

Many people enjoyed Jesus' teaching, came for the nice moral discourses and the excellent parables, but not many followed him as the cost was too great (see Luke 9:57-61, 14:25-27, 33). But it was these things his disciples were beginning to understand because they truly followed Jesus. The secrets of the kingdom of heaven is what he said to his disciples following (and explaining) Matthew 13:10-11:

"But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear [unlike the crowds]. For I tell you the truth, many prophets and righteous men longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it" [as they did not live during the lifetime of Jesus - all the prophets were before him].

The secret is Jesus is Lord, Jesus is king, Jesus is Messiah, Jesus is the one all the prophets spoke of, the salvation of mankind, God's greatest revelation, the Alpha and the Omega (Revelation 21:6-8, 22:12-16), the only way to be right with God (John 3:36, Romans 6:23).

Edited by Forever Young

The reason people say that Jesus contradicts himself about saying things secretly or not, especially in relation to parables, is due to a lack of textual and cultural contextualising.

Dear Forever Young,

Jesus is a great messenger of Allah and Jesus will not contradict himself so it must be the writers of the NT who contradict themselves.

The writers of the Gospels had corrupted some of the teachings of Jesus into a lie. For example:

The Gospel according to John claim that:

a) Jesus told his disciples everything:

VERSUS

b) There were some things that Jesus didn't tell them:

The Biblical verses above are very clear even an ordinary man can understand them very well and we know that the Biblical verses above contradict each other. Both the Biblical verses belong to 'the Gospel according to John' indicating that the Gospel were written by different writers who contradict one another.

An important note: John 16:12 admits that the teachings of Jesus are not complete so Jesus prophesied the coming of the prophet Muhammad who would complete his teachings.

The Prophet Muhammad's mission is universal. Allah ( the Exalted, Most Glorious) tells mankind that Prophet Muhammad (peace and bless be upon him) is no more than a Messenger (Qur’an 3: 144), the unlettered Prophet who believes in Him and His Words (Qur’an 7: 158). He is the Seal of the Prophets and the true universal Messenger of Allâh to the whole mankind (Qur’an 33: 40). Allah (S.W.T.), the All-Mighty, makes this very clear:

"We have not sent you (O Muhammad) but as a universal (Messenger) to men giving them glad tidings and warning them (against sin) but most men understand not." (Qurân 34: 28)

The writers of the Gospels had corrupted some of the teachings of Jesus into a lie. For example:

The Gospel according to John claim that:

a) Jesus told his disciples everything:

VERSUS

b) There were some things that Jesus didn't tell them:

Read post #79

The Biblical verses above are very clear even an ordinary man can understand them very well and we know that the Biblical verses above contradict each other. Both the Biblical verses belong to 'the Gospel according to John' indicating that the Gospel were written by different writers who contradict one another.

Everyone knows that the NT was written by different writers , you are saying nothing new , my dear,

but there are no contradictions in their accounts .

An important note: John 16:12 admits that the teachings of Jesus is not complete so Jesus prophesied the coming of the prophet Muhammad who would complete his teachings.

no pleaseee ...

I dont want to start a new debate about the περικλητος.

QUOTE Young Forever

The secret is Jesus is Lord, Jesus is king, Jesus is Messiah, Jesus is the one all the prophets spoke of, the salvation of mankind, God's greatest revelation, the Alpha and the Omega (Revelation 21:6-8, 22:12-16), the only way to be right with God (John 3:36, Romans 6:23).

The statement above is an ignorant allegation.

You claim that Jesus is God's greatest revelation but Jesus denies your allegation by saying "I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now." John 16:12 that indicates the teaching of Jesus is not complete!

By saying (I quote your word) "Jesus is the only way to be right with God (John 3:36, Romans 6:23)" , you are denying the right of the followers of other prophets who had existed before Jesus. Even 'the Gospel according to Matthew' reject John 3:36 and Romans 6:23 by saying "If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments" Matthew 19:17. So we see that the verses of the NT are contradicting one another indicating that many verses of the NT are unreliable and corrupt.

In Islam, Allah is the All-Merciful Who says that followers of the prophets before Muhammad and the followers of the prophet Muhammad will enter heaven etc if they obey their prophets and Allah (God). In other word, Jesus is NOT the only way to be right with God.

Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. The Holy Quran 2:62

The statement above is an ignorant allegation.

You claim that Jesus is God's greatest revelation but Jesus denies your allegation by saying "I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now." John 16:12 that indicates the revelation received by Jesus is not complete!

you cannot bear them NOW.

and John 16:12 isi predicting the coming of the Holy Spirit (please dont make confusion : pericletos is not paracletos )which will guide the apostles .

By saying (I quote your word) "the only way to be right with God (John 3:36, Romans 6:23)" , you are denying the right of the followers of other prophets who had existed before Jesus. In Islam, Allah is the All-Merciful Who says that followers of the prophets before Muhammad would enter heaven etc if they obeyed their prophets and God.

I'm not denying the other prophets of the OT.

Jesus is the Way , the Truth , the Light , he is not a simple prophet like were others.

He is the Eternal Word of God .

Anyway , this is what Christians believe , not what the whole planet earth should believe.

You are free to believe what you want !

Edited by Forever Young

you cannot bear them NOW.

and John 16:12 isi predicting the coming of the Holy Spirit (please dont make confusion : pericletos is not paracletos )which will guide the apostles .

Dear Young Forever, you can start a new thread to discuss the issue above and I will be glad to argue with you. :sl:

Dear Young Forever, you can start a new thread to discuss the issue above and I will be glad to argue with you. :sl:

no no no pleaseee.

I dont want another ad infinitum thread.

YOU MAKE ME MAD !! :sl:

I'm not denying the other prophets of the OT.

Jesus is the Way , the Truth , the Light , he is not a simple prophet like were others.

Salams,

i cant believe my eyes to see this post. How dare a person comes along and says that bla bla prophet was better than another prophet. DEAR, PROPHETS ARE SPECIAL AND YOU CANT SAY SOME OF PROPHETS WERE WORSE OR SIMPLE WHILE ANOTHER PROPHET WAS THE BEST. They are all sent by God/Allah (whatever you call it), thats for sure and they are tools to make a light on our path to see the truth and the teachings of GOD HIMSELF. Not the humans' teachings but GOD'S.

Is it so hard to understand? Sometimes i think the eye people have on their face is blind at all.

Salams,

i cant believe my eyes to see this post. How dare a person comes along and says that bla bla prophet was better than another prophet. DEAR, PROPHETS ARE SPECIAL AND YOU CANT SAY SOME OF PROPHETS WERE WORSE OR SIMPLE WHILE ANOTHER PROPHET WAS THE BEST. They are all sent by God/Allah (whatever you call it), thats for sure and they are tools to make a light on our path to see the truth and the teachings of GOD HIMSELF. Not the humans' teachings but GOD'S.

LOL

who said some prophets are better than others?

I just said that Jesus is not a prophet , he is The Son of God , The Word that became flesh.

As I said above , this is what christians believe .

Is it so hard to understand? Sometimes i think the eye people have on their face is blind at all.

I am wondering the same thing !!!!

Edited by Forever Young

Salams,

when i think simple, seriously, my brain does not understand how a human like you and me is considered as God since God cannot be seen and has supernatural features. Jesus (pbuh) used to eat,talk,walk,sleep like all of the humanity.

All i think about this issue is that people idolized Him unfortunately and the Christians of nowadays and the past say He is God. It's so ridiculous. I am unhappy to see the people who strays away from the true path.

It's so ridiculous. I am unhappy to see the people who strays away from the true path.

I dont mean to offend you , but I dont discuss about this issue with someone who is ignorant about the Bible and Christianity.

I really dont see the point on discussing with you .

###### makes me mad ( not love :sl: ) but at least he knows what he is talking about.

Salams,

^ i know what i am talking about too. I told what i thought inside thats all.

Never mind.....

Salams,

^ i know what i am talking about too. I told what i thought inside thats all.

Never mind.....

Have you ever read the Bible???

If not , please stay away from this thread.

Have you ever read the Bible???

If not , please stay away from this thread.

Have you ever read the Quran.. or the bible for that matter without using google as a reference???

Must be difficult to pick up a book living in the south pole and all..?

Edited by Luqman1984