Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Starlight_Angel

This Is Confusing To Me.

I'm trying to learn But it's becoming realy confising to me. I dont speak arabic and isnt that required to understand some of the phrases you use? I find it very confusing. I'm hoving a hard time understanding the basics.

should i learn arabic?

And should i begin with reading the Quar'an? Is it okay if i read in english?

Please help me! I"m having a realy hard time understanding. I know enough about Islam that I know I want to join I'm just having trouble learning.

I dont realy know any muslim people who live around me (if there are any).

PropellerAds

:j:/Peace,

Hope this reaches U in the best of health,

I get the feeling your trying to do too much,so slow down,take a deep breath and relax. :D

Shows your very keen. :D

May Allah bless U,ameen.

With the learning process take it nice and slowly and bulid up. :no:

Yeah its fine to read it in english. :sl:

Inshallah=Allah Willing

Alhumdulilah=Thank Allah

Subhanallah=Glory Be To Allah

Mashallah=As Allah Willed

A few words for u. :D

Btw have you thought about taking the Shahadah first?

I strongly suggest you take the Shahadah first and then focus on the learning. :)

We'll help and support U every step of the way to make sure your first steps into Islam are as comfortable as possible for U.

So if you need any info/help on the Shahadah,let us know? :D

We'll be more then happy to help out. :D

Take Care

:sl:/Peace

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

If you want to read the quran, read it in arabic, and if you dont understand it, read the translation in english :sl:

If you want to learn arabic as a language, you should go to a arabic school where they teach you how to speak arabic. Its not something that can be done over night, it may time a year or 2, maybe more depending how hard you learn.

If you have had no experiance on reading quran and dont even know how to read quranic verses, you should go to a Masjid to learn. The teachers will teach you the tajweed of the Quran, and you will start from the fundemental basics. It will probably take you a few months just to learn the basics and be able to read the words fluently. After you have learnt to read these basics words and be able to say them properly, you move to reading the quran.

Edited by RazMaTaz1

I am learning as well as I have a basic understanding of Arabic and I have read the Quran in English. I do believe that it is wise to go to a local Masjid and talk to a Iman about it and see what their opinion is on the matter.

:si:

glad to see people converting.. This forumhas alot of converts in it..Reading the quran in the english translation is ok but you are not reading the quran just the translation of the quran. and if you convert to Islam then it will be an obligation for you to learn arabic soyoucanread the quran...non-muslims tryto prove uswrongby saying theycan redo a verse andhavethe same meaing butthey neveraccomplished so alotof them became converts..soit is really importanttolearnarabic...soryf

rall the words being stucktogather..my keyboardisbroken.

if you are sure that Islam is the right religion then make your shahada.Then all your sins will be gone!!!you will be then have a clean slate to start.

Assalamu Alaykum (Peace be upon you)

You should visit the Masjid and get some advice, and take Qur'an classes where they'll teach you how to pronounce words in arabic, what certain words mean etc. It's a gradual but enjoyable process sister, don't feel the need to rush into things. One step at a time, God-willing, you will learn everything. We pick up new lessons everyday :sl:

If you have any other questions regarding this, don't hesitate to ask :sl:

Aslaamu alikum

May Allah show you the right path.

hmm... If you want to clear any doubt, simple... ask in our forums which are made specially for people like you. We will try to solve each and every question of you Insha Allah ( God willing)

So, Hope to see you around

Salam

Peace be upon you dear Starlight_Angel,

May Allah guide you to His true path.....Ameen.

I am very glad to know that you are very interested in Islam and you want to convert to Islam and I pray to Allah so that Allah will help and guide you to His true path. I think you can study Islam by going to any Islamic centers or Masjids. If you really want to understand the Holy Quran , you need to study Arabic language. If you don't know Arabic language, you can read the tafseers or translations of the Holy Quran that explain the Quranic verses.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetsultan(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetsultan(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url] is a good website for non-Muslims to understand and study Islam.

I am very glad to accept you as my sister in Islam.

Edited by wiseguy

Peace always be upon you Sister Starlight_Angel,

I am really happy to be reading this today, Alhamdulilah this is just great :no:

First I want to welcome you to the forum and as you can see we are all here to help you.

Brother Aaqib is right, You should slow down a little, :j: We all had to start somewhere and there is no rush to do it by a certain time Sis.

I think you should take the shahada first which is your testamony of faith, It's the most important part right now.

Say This...

"Ash shadu allaa ilaaha illal laahu wa ash shadu an na Muhammadan abdu hu wa rasooluh"

Then say it in english so you understand what your saying,

"I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship besides Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad (peace be upon him) is His servent and Messenger"

After you say this statement your a muslim, If you say this then I want to just welcome and congratulate you to a beautiful life Sister, This is the best thing that you will ever do in your whole life and you are in the state of complete purity, like a new born baby. Now you should go take a bath insha'Allah. May Allah make everything easy for you and give you all the support you need...Ameeeeen. :sl: :sl:

Everything else will come in time, I will help you in any way I can insha'Allah, are you in UK?

Edited by Tamarbutah