Islamic Forum
alameen

Harry Potter 7th Book Online!

:sl:

hey everyone,

harry potter's 7th book is online! it has come online few days before the actual release date.

PropellerAds

Um have u got the website?

I dont really care for it much but my younger sisters are crazy about it

:/

sister such questions are illegal. No exchange of pirate content or links is allowed in our forum.

Agree with brother dot.

Plus, it's got unislamic things in it; better to avoid it.

Allahu a'lam.

If this is the same online release I have heard about, it is not an official Potter book, but a fan fiction. Albeit, a good one from what I hear from people who have actually read the books... they seem silly childish to me though.

How old are your sisters? Have you tried giving them alternative Islamic reading (and/or viewing) material? I don't know if it is a great idea to read such books or not. It is always best to be on the safe than sorry.

Abu Muhammad al-Hasan ibn Ali b. Abu Talib said : I preserved the following words from Rasulullah saw : "Leave what you have doubt about for that you have no doubt about; for it is truth that brings peace of mind and it is falsehood that brings doubt". ( Ahmad, Tirmidhi, Nasa'i ) This hadith is authentic.

"And those who do not witness falsehood and if they pass by some evil play or evil talk, they pass by it with dignity."(Al-Furqan 25: 72)

Explanation of this verse:

According to the major Companions and their students such as Mujaahid, Rabi‘ ibn Anas and Adh-Dhahhak, the word "falsehood" used in above verse refers to "the holidays of the mushrikeen." Others like Muhammad ibn Sireen are more explicit, stating that the verse defines "the people of shirk practicing their shirk, and (the verse admonishes us) not to participate with them." Thus the believers are those referred to in the verse as "not witnessing falsehood." At-Tabari explains this aspect, when he says: "It is not allowed for Muslims to attend their [the disbelievers’] holidays and festivals because they are a type of evil and falsehood. If the people of good mix with the people of evil without putting an end to what they are doing, then they become like those who are pleased and influenced by the evil. And we fear falling into Allah's anger because of their gathering." The resemblance referred to here includes all the aforementioned ways. At-Tabari further explains the above mentioned verse, (And those who do not witness falsehood), "They do not assist the people of idolatry in their idolatry, nor do they associate with them."

(source: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislaam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Article.aspx?id=300"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislaam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Article.aspx?id=300[/url] )

Regardless, please educate or remind your sisters (and whoever reads them/watch its movies or its likes) about the ruling on "magic", i.e. a form of shirk, and the like, :sl:

:j: please read this:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmissionislam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/family/harrywho.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmissionislam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/family/harrywho.htm[/url]

Allahu alam.

omg, its HARRY POTTER, its not dangerous or evil, you guys are so paranoid. the qur'an never tells us that all our endeavors have to be strictly zikr related. every book you read doesn't have to be about Islamic studies. yes, certainly you always keep Allah in mind and don't do anything against his will and if your activity or entertainment causes you to skip salaat or do something wrong then don't do it but seriously... why do muslims have to fabricate limitations that even God did not impose upon us

omg, its HARRY POTTER, its not dangerous or evil, you guys are so paranoid. the qur'an never tells us that all our endeavors have to be strictly zikr related. every book you read doesn't have to be about Islamic studies. yes, certainly you always keep Allah in mind and don't do anything against his will and if your activity or entertainment causes you to skip salaat or do something wrong then don't do it but seriously... why do muslims have to fabricate limitations that even God did not impose upon us

gotta agree with demosthenes. btw, did anyone read it? it's REALLY good.

Abû `Abd Allah al-Nu`mân b. Bashîr relates that he heard Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) say: [using large font size is not allowed] "That which is lawful is clear, and that which is forbidden is clear, and between them are doubtful matters about which many of the people have no knowledge. So whoever avoids doubtful matters saves his Religion and his honour, and whoever falls into doubtful matters falls into what is forbidden. Just like a shepherd who grazes (his sheep) near to a private pasture (of another), he will soon stray on to it. Indeed for every king there is a private preserve. Indeed the preserve of Allâh are those things which He has forbidden. Indeed there is a piece of flesh in the body which if it is good, then the whole body is good, but if it is corrupt then the whole body is corrupt. Indeed it is the heart."[sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim]

Harry Potter: Facts about Fiction By Khalid Baig

Posted: 21 Rabi-u-Thani 1424, 21 June 2003

The main characters in the story have few noble qualities; they lie with impunity, use profanity, don't respect their elders, break rules regularly, and are unrepentant.

While the books are characterized by most people as innocent fantasy and entertainment, they contain many evil messages - not all of which are subtle.

The books glorify magic and sorcery................Darker things occur as well such as murder, human sacrifice, drinking of unicorn blood, etc. The fight between good and evil in this book is actually a conflict between "good magic" and "evil magic", both of which are evil.

The books are in effect promoters of paganism. They glorify magic and paganism while non-magical people, called Muggles, are despised and portrayed as boring, narrow-minded, and paranoid of magic.

Not surprisingly, the main characters in the story have few noble qualities; they lie with impunity, use profanity, don't respect their elders, break rules regularly, and are unrepentant..........................

The media has been glorifying the book that glorifies sorcery.

Welcome to the world of capitalism and paganism, .........................................

The Role of Muslims

In this current state of hysteria, Muslims should have played an important role in opposing this book and exposing the flaws of this culture. It is the duty of Muslims to guide the world, rather than blindly follow the ignorant masses. The Qur'an commands us in Surah Al-Kahf, "And don't obey any whose heart We have permitted to neglect the remembrance of Us, one who follows his own desires, whose case has gone beyond all bounds." [Al-Kahf 18:28]

Yet, unfortunately, we find very little opposition or reflection from Muslims, many of whom have chosen to blindly follow the pop culture. Many Muslims have assured themselves that the books are harmless fiction. Others even claim them to be beneficial because they encourage reading. Reading what? It does not occur to them to ask that question.....

full: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_muhammad(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/j/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=179&Itemid=50"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_muhammad(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/j/index.php?option=com...9&Itemid=50[/url]

May Allah always give all of us hidaya.

May He give us the tawfeeq to have taqwa, to use our time, energy and money properly.

May He allow us to avoid all haram, makrooh, kufr, shirk, bid-ee, ane doubtful actions.

May He help us to leave those things for His Sake alone.

May He give us the tawfeeq to do what is best for our deen and dunya, even if it goes against our nufoos, peers, and society in general, ameen.

Edited by ummammaar

I agree.

I was thinkin about readin it from the net, but im not sure if its illegal...same as browing it from the library i suppose, but i dont want to be harsh to JK Rowling after all the effort she put into it.

Anyway, firsly, i agree with being allowed to read HP lol, and secondly, are you sure its fan made, because it would be a waste of time reading it if it wasnt the original.

P.S-A lot of things in life are non-Islam related, but at the end of the day, if you get misguided by a fiction book, your faith must be pretty lame. If you're thinking of Allah as much as possible, you're not going to be affected by the book in a negative way, and plus, fiction books have posistive sides which non-fiction books dont have such as certain vocabulary.

S'up to you anyway...i really doubt you would get punished for reading Harry Potter though.

:sl: Like Abu Bakr (RA) said something like; This is my opinion, if it is correct, it is from Allah, if it is not, it is from me and shaaytan.