Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
atheist1

Islam And Christianity Similarities

After seeing many debates focusing on the divergence between Islam and Christianity I decided to make this thread which instead will focus on their convergence, so this is fairly a minim start as it’s getting late here :

Love and respect your brother:

Matthew 5

22But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca,' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Quran 104,1:

Woe to every (kind of) scandal-monger and backbiter,

Quran 49,11 :

O ye who believe! let not some men among you laugh at others: it may be that the (latter) are better than the (former): nor let some women laugh at others: it may be that the (latter) are better than the (former): nor defame nor be sarcastic to each other, nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames: ill-seeming is a name connoting wickedness, (to be used of one) after he has believed: and those who do not desist are (indeed) doing wrong.

Adultery:

Matthew 5

27"You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.' 28But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Quran 24,30

Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: and Allah is well acquainted with all that they do.

Keeping oath :

Matthew 5

33"Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not break your oath, but keep the oaths you have made to the Lord.' 34But I tell you, Do not swear at all: either by heaven, for it is God's throne; 35or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

Quran 70,32

And those who respect their trusts and covenants

Quran 18,23&24

Nor say of anything, "I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow",

Without adding, "So please Allah!" and call thy Lord to mind when thou forgettest, and say, "I hope that my Lord will guide me ever closer (even) than this to the right road."

Forgiveness:

Matthew 5

38"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'39But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Quran 42,42:

But indeed if any show patience and forgive, that would truly be an exercise of courageous will and resolution in the conduct of affairs.

Quran 24,22:

Let them forgive and overlook: do you not wish that Allah should forgive you? For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Love your enemies be just , God bounties are bestowed on all man :

Matthew 5

43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor[h] and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Quran 41,34 :

Nor can Goodness and Evil be equal. Repel (Evil) with what is better: then will he between whom and thee was hatred become as it were thy friend and intimate!

Quran 17,20 :

Of the bounties of thy Lord We bestow freely on all these as well as those: the bounties of thy Lord are not closed (to anyone).

Quran 5,8:

O ye who believe! stand out firmly for Allah, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just: that is next to Piety: and fear Allah. For Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do.

Aiding the poor

Matthew 6

1"Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. 2"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 3But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Quran 70,24&25:

And those in whose wealth is a recognized right

For the (needy) who asks and him who is prevented (for some reason from asking);

Quran 2,265:

And the likeness of those who spend their substance, seeking to please Allah and to strengthen their souls, is as a garden, high and fertile; heavy rain falls on it but makes it yield a double increase of harvest, and if it receives not heavy rain, light moisture sufficeth it. Allah seeth well whatever ye do.

If anyone wants to contribute please feel free to do so, I will be adding more later but for now there are 2 important resemblance which I like to share before going to sleep :

1-

Psalm 8:

4 what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? 5 You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. 6 You made him ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under his feet: 7 all flocks and herds, and the beasts of the field, 8 the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas. 9 O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

Quran 17,70 :

We have honored the sons of Adam; provided them with transport on land and sea; given them for sustenance things good and pure; and conferred on them special favors, above a great part of Our Creation.

What did the son of man do to glorify this honoring other than killing each other’s and spreading hatred and calamities ?

2-

Matthew 7

7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. 9"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Quran 40,60

And your Lord says: "Call on Me; I will answer your (Prayer)

Since both religions agree that god will respond to the supplication of man and that he’s the light … why don’t people ask him to show them the right path and once for all truth will be discovered ?

PropellerAds

Dear atheist1....I think you are a good person. I will pray to Allah so that He will guide you to His path and you will become a good Muslim....Ameen.

Similarities / Similar Teachings in the Qur’an and the Bible which Muslims follow but Christians don't.

OBEYING COMMANDMENTS OF Allah IS SUBMITTING YOUR WILL TO Allah

A. Abstaining from alcohol

Al-Qur'an 5:90

Proverbs 20:1

Ephesians 5:18

B. Abstaining from prohibited food

Al-Qur'an 5:5

Al-Qur'an 2:173, 5:3, 6:145, 16:115

(i) Dead meat

Leviticus 17:15

Deuteronomy 14:21

(ii) Blood

Genesis 9:4, Leviticus 17:14, Deuteronomy 12:16,

I Samuel 14:33, Acts 15:29

(iii) Pork is prohibited

Leviticus 11:7-8

Deuteronomy 14:8

Isaiah 65:2-5

(vi) Food on which names beside Allah have been invoked

Acts 15:29; Revelation 2:14

C. (i) Being Honest in your Business

(ii) Helping Neighbours

Al-Qur'an 107:1-7

(iii) Abstaining from Backbiting

Al-Qur'an 104:1-3

Al-Qur'an 49:11-12

(iv) Obeying and Respecting Parents

Al-Qur'an 17:23, 24

(v) Celibacy or Monasticism is prohibited in Islam

Sahih Bukhari: Vol. 7 Book of http://nikah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/partner.php?adbanner=32t6k0e, Chapter No. 3, Hadith No. 4

(vi) Loving, being Kind and Just to your Wife

Al-Qur'an 4:19

(vii) Abstaining from Adultery

Al-Qur'an 17:32

D. Dressing Modestly

(i) Al-Qur'an 24:30

Mathew 5:27-28

(ii) Al-Qur'an 24:31

(iii) Six Criteria for Hijab in Islam

Deuteronomy 22:5

I Timothy 2:9 e.g. of Mary

I Corinthians 11:5-6

E. Circumcision

Acts 7:8

John 7:22

Luke 2:21

F. In short, every Muslim should follow all the Commandments of Allah (swt) and His Messenger Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and abstain from the things they have prohibited.

The Holy Quran 5:

67. O Messenger (Muhammad )! Proclaim (the Message) which has been sent down to you from your Lord. And if you do not, then you have not conveyed His Message. Allâh will protect you from mankind. Verily, Allâh guides not the people who disbelieve.

68. Say (O Muhammad ) "O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! You have nothing (as regards guidance) till you act according to the Taurât (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel), and what has (now) been sent down to you from your Lord (the Qur'ân)." Verily, that which has been sent down to you (Muhammad ) from your Lord increases in many of them their obstinate rebellion and disbelief. So be not sorrowful over the people who disbelieve.

69. Surely, those who believe (in the Oneness of Allâh, in His Messenger Muhammad and all that was revealed to him from Allâh), those who are the Jews and the Sabians and the Christians, - whosoever believed in Allâh and the Last Day, and worked righteousness, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

Edited by wiseguy

salaam

Atheist i like it how you are trying to, i suppose make a connection between Islam and christianity, which is good as they are both religions of Allah

what you have said about the recurring themes in the Quran and The Bible are correct. but i just dont feel that The Bible is "God's word", cause it has been changed. As a consequence our way of living life, people and the way we interpret things are all different.

You could find some similarities, though they would just be about morals and ethics-as you hve mentioned, though the differences would overide these similarities.

though it would be interesting if there would be similarities in the life of Jesus(pbuh) and especially the last supper in the Quran and Bible :sl:

wasalaam

The present Bible is not the Word of God for the keepers and writers of the Bible have corrupted it into a lie.

The Bible is corrupted and unreliable and is mostly filled with man-made laws and corruption! "`How can you say, "We [the Jews] are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?' (From the NIV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"

The Revised Standard Version makes it even clearer: "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie. (From the RSV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"

In either translation, we clearly see that the Jews had so much corrupted the Bible with their man-made cultural laws, that they had turned the Bible into a lie!

Edited by wiseguy

Salaams peeps,

I think you should respect the wishes of the thread starter and stay on topic. Athiest 1 said:

I decided to make this thread which instead will focus on their convergence, so this is fairly a minim start...

It wouldn't be fair to start talking about the differences, as there are many other threads that do so.

Peace

Agreed. Also on topic, there are some simularities in that Jesus is recognized as a prophet and Islam thus is an extension or renewal of Christianity as Christians past the teachings of christ earred from his teachings and then Muhammed was the next and 'last' prophet of god.

The present Bible is not the Word of God for the keepers and writers of the Bible have corrupted it into a lie.

The Bible is corrupted and unreliable and is mostly filled with man-made laws and corruption! "`How can you say, "We [the Jews] are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?' (From the NIV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"

The Revised Standard Version makes it even clearer: "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie. (From the RSV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"

In either translation, we clearly see that the Jews had so much corrupted the Bible with their man-made cultural laws, that they had turned the Bible into a lie!

Why are you so obsessed with Jews? It seems like no matter what the topic is everything comes back to Jews. As if they have some sort of omnipotent power to control everything.

Anyways, on the topic- Yes there are a lot of similarties between the two beliefs. If more people would realise this than maybe there wouldn't be so much fighting and discrimination.

Edited by Lost In Perspective

Why are you so obsessed with Jews? It seems like no matter what the topic is everything comes back to Jews. As if they have some sort of omnipotent power to control everything.

There were corrupt and immoral Jews who defied God and slandered, terrorized and murdered His prophets and corrupted the Bible into a lie. And there were righteous Jews who obeyed Allah and His prophets and the original Torah (not the corrupt one)! However most of Jews defy God by rejecting the prophets or messengers of God such as Jesus and Muhammad (peace and bless be upon them).

I never hate Jews for there are some peaceful Jews and I respect these peaceful Jews. I really hate Zionist terrorists who terrorize Palestine, Lebanon, Iraq etc and terrorize and massacre innocent and defenseless Muslims and Christians. And I know that some Jews are not Zionists and they even reject Zionism and Zionists!

Edited by wiseguy

Nice try, atheist1, but it looks like your thread has been hijacked by a bunch of haters who would rather not find common ground.

The biggest thing that most people of most religions have in common is that they can see the problems in the other guy's creed quite clearly, but they are blind to the problems in their own.

Nice try, atheist1, but it looks like your thread has been hijacked by a bunch of haters who would rather not find common ground.

The biggest thing that most people of most religions have in common is that they can see the problems in the other guy's creed quite clearly, but they are blind to the problems in their own.

MY COMMENT:

It seems to me that you are the hater for accusing me of hijacking this thread and you also call me a hater. Your allegation above reflects your bigotry! I never hijack this thread and I am not a hater!

Edited by wiseguy

MY COMMENT:

It seems to me that you are the hater for accusing me of hijacking this thread and you also call me a hater. Your allegation above reflects your bigotry! I never hijack this thread and I am not a hater!

You look like a hater to me. Rather than actually finding common ground, as the initiator of the thread did, your contribution was divisive: the books may be similar, but WE do this and that, while THEY don't. Plus, THEIR book is CORRUPT and a LIE!!!!!!!!

In my opinion, it is only the common ground which is worth worrying about: treat each other kindly, protect the weak, seek justice, be honest, etc. These things are universal, and are things that everyone can be pretty sure God recommends for his followers.

Details of doctrine, like what to eat and what to cut, are not universal, and are (in my opinion) less likely to be truly important, except to those who prefer to divide rather than unite.

Oftentimes have I heard you speak of one who commits a wrong as though he were not one of you, but a stranger unto you and an intruder upon your world.

But I say that even as the holy and the righteous cannot rise beyond the highest which is in each one of you,

So the wicked and the weak cannot fall lower than the lowest which is in you also.

And as a single leaf turns not yellow but with the silent knowledge of the whole tree,

So the wrong-doer cannot do wrong without the hidden will of you all.

Like a procession you walk together towards your god-self.

You are the way and the wayfarers.

And when one of you falls down he falls for those behind him, a caution against the stumbling stone.

Ay, and he falls for those ahead of him, who though faster and surer of foot, yet removed not the stumbling stone.

And this also, though the word lie heavy upon your hearts:

The murdered is not unaccountable for his own murder,

And the robbed is not blameless in being robbed.

The righteous is not innocent of the deeds of the wicked,

And the white-handed is not clean in the doings of the felon.

Yea, the guilty is oftentimes the victim of the injured,

And still more often the condemned is the burden-bearer for the guiltless and unblamed.

You cannot separate the just from the unjust and the good from the wicked;

For they stand together before the face of the sun even as the black thread and the white are woven together.

And when the black thread breaks, the weaver shall look into the whole cloth, and he shall examine the loom also.

If any of you would bring judgment the unfaithful wife,

Let him also weight the heart of her husband in scales, and measure his soul with measurements.

And let him who would lash the offender look unto the spirit of the offended.

And if any of you would punish in the name of righteousness and lay the axe unto the evil tree, let him see to its roots;

And verily he will find the roots of the good and the bad, the fruitful and the fruitless, all entwined together in the silent heart of the earth.

This is an intresting introspection given by Gibran from his book the prophet, maybe this will help to appease some minds, in the meantime let’s concentrate on finding a common ground so that we will be able to rise all together above our limitations, by the way as said by “Lost In Perspective†there are a lot of similarities between the two beliefs I only provided the minimum.

You look like a hater to me. Rather than actually finding common ground, as the initiator of the thread did, your contribution was divisive: the books may be similar, but WE do this and that, while THEY don't. Plus, THEIR book is CORRUPT and a LIE!!!!!!!!

I am sure that you bokonon are a hater based on your nonsensical allegation above!

Don't you know the topic of this thread? Lets me remind you of the topic: "Islam And Christianity Similarities"

We are comparing Islam with Christianity and I find some similarities and present them here! And yes Christians do not obey some of the teachings of the Bible but we Muslims obey the teachings of Quran. For example the Bible and the Holy Quran forbid pork so we Muslims do not eat pork but Christians do eat pork! So the similarity is pork is forbidden by the Bible and the Holy Quran!

The Bible and the Holy Quran also state that the Bible is corrupted by the writers of the Bible ! Therefore you are a hater for slandering me!

In my opinion, it is only the common ground which is worth worrying about: treat each other kindly, protect the weak, seek justice, be honest, etc. These things are universal, and are things that everyone can be pretty sure God recommends for his followers.

The common ground is the similarities between the Bible and the Holy Quran and I believe that these similarities are acceptable to Muslims and Christians. However the Bible is corrupted by the writers of the Bible so some of the teachings of the Bible are questionable, unreliable, not trustworthy, misleading, corrupt and immoral!

Details of doctrine, like what to eat and what to cut, are not universal, and are (in my opinion) less likely to be truly important, except to those who prefer to divide rather than unite.

Are you joking? When the Bible and the Holy Quran states that you should eat pork , Christians and Muslims should not eat pork because God orders you not eat pork!!! This issue is very clear that we must obey Allah (God)!

Edited by wiseguy

Are you joking? When the Bible and the Holy Quran states that you should eat pork , Christians and Muslims should not eat pork because God orders you not eat pork!!! This issue is very clear that we must obey Allah (God)!

Correction:

The statement above should be "Are you joking? When the Bible and the Holy Quran states that you should NOT eat pork , Christians and Muslims should not eat pork because God forbids pork!!! This issue is very clear that we must obey Allah (God)!"

Are you joking? When the Bible and the Holy Quran states that you should NOT eat pork , Christians and Muslims should not eat pork because God forbids pork!!! This issue is very clear that we must obey Allah (God)!

I am not Muslim, Christian, or joking. I eat pork as well as sushi, and I don't think God has a problem with that. I believe the Bible and the Quran forbade pork because the knowledge of health and sanitation at the time they were written made it risky to eat pork, due to the possibility of trichinosis or other diseases. Since those risks are negligible in the modern world, I regard the choice to eat or avoid pork as a personal decision.

I saw another thread on the same topic, (you are not allowed to post links yet)"############"]############[/url][.]gawaher[.]com/index.php?showtopic=4754. Some people seem very opposed to the idea that there is common ground between Islam and other faiths. I think that's unfortunate.

I am not Muslim, Christian, or joking. I eat pork as well as sushi, and I don't think God has a problem with that. I believe the Bible and the Quran forbade pork because the knowledge of health and sanitation at the time they were written made it risky to eat pork, due to the possibility of trichinosis or other diseases. Since those risks are negligible in the modern world, I regard the choice to eat or avoid pork as a personal decision.

MY COMMENT:

Those risks are NOT negligible in the modern world even though you regard the choice to eat or avoid pork as personal decision since you are neither Christian nor Muslims. However, if you are a Christian or Muslim the choice to eat or avoid pork is not a personal decision for Allah (God) has ordered Christians and Muslims to avoid pork!

Facts:

1) Pork:

Pigs are known to harbor dangerous viruses, germs, worms such as pork tapeworm (Taenia solium) etc. Pigs are known to harbor viruses that can mutate. Domestic pigs are carriers of the Japanese encephalitis virus.

Swine Flu refers to a subset of Orthomyxoviridae that creates influenza in pigs and are endemic in pigs. This is not a phylogenetics based taxonomic category.The species of Orthomyxoviridae that can cause flu in pigs are Influenza A virus and Influenza C virus but not all genotypes of these two species infect pigs.The known subtypes of Influenza A virus that create influenza in pigs and are endemic in pigs are H1N1, H1N2, H3N1 and H3N2.

A H1N1 shift crossed over to humans in the early part of the 20th century, causing the Spanish Flu pandemic, which killed up to 50 million people. The death toll was particularly high among young, healthy adults.

2) Fish Tapeworm:

Humans acquire fish tapeworm infection by ingestion of inadequately cooked fish containing the infective plerocercoid stage of parasitic Diphyllobothrium species, including D. latum ( The growing popularity of raw fish dishes, such as sushi, sashimi, seviche, and Dutch green herring, has increased the risk of acquiring diphyllobothriasis.

Edited by wiseguy

I don't believe that anyone gets swine flu from eating pork, although I suppose if men weren't raising pigs for food, they would be less likely to come into contact with the swine flu virus.

Does the Quran forbid eating raw fish?

I don't believe that anyone gets swine flu from eating pork, although I suppose if men weren't raising pigs for food, they would be less likely to come into contact with the swine flu virus.

My point is :Pigs are known to harbor dangerous viruses, germs, worms such as pork tapeworm (Taenia solium) etc.

Does the Quran forbid eating raw fish?

My advice for you: Please go to Islamic centers or Masjids to study Islam if you really want to know Islam.

to continue with the similarities :

Eye for an eye but forgiveness is better

Matthew 5

38"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'9But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Quran 5,45 :

We ordained therein for them: "Life for life, eye for eye, nose for nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal." But if anyone remits the retaliation by way of charity, it is an act of atonement for himself. And if any fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) wrong-doers.

Give all those who ask you

Matthew 5

42Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Quran 70,24&25 :

And those in whose wealth is a recognised right

For the (needy) who asks and him who is prevented (for some reason from asking);

Pray humbly not to show off :

Matthew 6 :

5"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men.

Quran 107 4&6&7:

So woe to the worshippers Those who (want but) to be seen (of men), But refuse (to supply) (even) neighbourly needs.

God knows your needs :

Matthew 6 :

7And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Quran 67,13&14

And whether ye hide your word or publish it, He certainly has (full) knowledge, of the secrets of (all) hearts.

Should He not know, He that created? And He is the One that understands the finest mysteries (and) is well-acquainted (with them).

Treasures in Heaven

Matthew 6 :

19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Quran 2,261 :

The parable of those who spend their substance in the way of Allah is that of a grain of corn: it groweth seven ears, and each ear hath a hundred grains. Allah giveth manifold increase to whom He pleaseth: and Allah careth for all and He knoweth all things.

Do not worry as god is the sustainer , seek truth and justice first

Matthew 6 :

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Quran 72,13 :

any who believes in his Lord has no fear, either of a short (account) or of any injustice.

Quran 11,6:

There is no moving creature on earth but its sustenance is on Allah: He knoweth the time and place of its definite abode and its temporary deposit: all is in a clear Record.

Quran 7,26 :

O ye Children of Adam! We have bestowed raiment upon you to cover your shame, as well as to be an adornment to you. But the raiment of righteousness, that is the best. Such are among the Signs of Allah, that they may receive admonition!

Do not command others to do good and forget yourself

Matthew 7 :

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Quran 2,44:

Do ye enjoin right conduct on the people, and forget (to practise it) yourselves. And yet ye study the Scripture? Will ye not understand?

For those saying that Islam does not accept Christianity as good and for those who are saying that Christianity is only bad here is a proof from the Quran refuting both allegations :

Quran 5,82 :

And nearest among them in love to the Believers wilt thou find those who say, "We are Christians": because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant.

Salaam,

Good topic Atheist

Peace and Love,

DARLA