Islamic Forum
Tash

Racists Everywhere...

Guest amani
Well hang on, we can't fight racism by perpetrating it.

Things move slowly, more so the younger you are, and that makes change seem impossible but it's not the case.

exactly, i couldnt have said that better myself.

PropellerAds

Thanks for all the replies bros/sis. Really helpful. I've just been really impatient recently...

I would like to add, to all the people who think a good idea to combat racism is to be racist yourself. You are all so wrong. Seriously think about it. What would the racist organisations like more than that?

Then they get to say that they are being victimised. I can see it now on the Sun and the Daily Mail:

''Attacks on Whites on the rise''

Soon you get an interview with the leaders of local Nazi organisations:

''Look at these Pakis and Niggers jumping around like animals attacking decent white people''

Then the media blows it out of proportion, soon there are mass rallies:

''Take back the streets''

Then Combat 18 or some other group plants a nail bomb at the local Masjid, or gurdwara, or mandir.

Think about it. You might be quite confidently able to defend yourself, but how about against a group of knife wielding thugs whipped into a frenzy by some charismatic leaders. If you aren't worried about yourself there are children who are not quite as strong as you, women who are unable to fight as well as you, the elderly. This all sounds far fetched but believe me, there are people monitoring the activities of these groups, they are not mindless, far from it, they are intelligent and intend to manipulate all non saxons into acting like animals so that they can have an excuse to kick us all out of the country or worse.

and it hardly needs saying, but the british media have been 250% complicit in whipping up this hysteria as well.

in general, as wealth starts heading upwards and the people at the bottom get poorer (as is happening in the UK and across the world), then those at the top need to find scapegoats for the anger this generates, usually along the lines of immigrants, unemployed, homeless, homosexuals, gypsies, travellers, non-'local colour' people (you know what i mean!), minority religions, - in fact, just about anyone except the rich and powerful themselves, surprisingly enough. Not.

the only real way to counter this is through education, teaching people the truth about ownership, economics and political power, through creating pluralistic communities who can come together to defend each other without being polarised into 'white v asian v black' etc, through creating alternative methods of media, such as IF instead of 'the sun'.

its never easy, but nothing worthwhile ever is.

peace and love. :sl:

(ps, ensuring your kids get some form of martial arts training can help bundles as well, *especially* your daughters.)

and it hardly needs saying, but the british media have been 250% complicit in whipping up this hysteria as well.

in general, as wealth starts heading upwards and the people at the bottom get poorer (as is happening in the UK and across the world), then those at the top need to find scapegoats for the anger this generates, usually along the lines of immigrants, unemployed, homeless, homosexuals, gypsies, travellers, non-'local colour' people (you know what i mean!), minority religions, - in fact, just about anyone except the rich and powerful themselves, surprisingly enough. Not.

the only real way to counter this is through education, teaching people the truth about ownership, economics and political power, through creating pluralistic communities who can come together to defend each other without being polarised into 'white v asian v black' etc, through creating alternative methods of media, such as IF instead of 'the sun'.

its never easy, but nothing worthwhile ever is.

peace and love. :sl:

(ps, ensuring your kids get some form of martial arts training can help bundles as well, *especially* your daughters.)

*shameless plug* Speaking of martial arts. Anyone in West London pm me about lessons.

You are completely right gnuneo. Knowledge is power.

Thanks for all the replies bros/sis. Really helpful. I've just been really impatient recently...

That's understandable. I started being active in anti-racism organisations when I was still at school, and rather naively thought we could sort out all the world's problems within twenty years. Sure we've seen success, so no more Apartheid in South Africa, peace in Northern Ireland and a much better general atmosphere within British society, although that may be difficult to believe.

Now I'm much older and we still have problems, time and continued bravery is all it will take to solve them but then I was wrong to think twenty years would be enough.

[using large font size is not allowed]Salam. We can and should be able to deal with all this, as Muslims. Very well, I might add. But, when the racism is from family members it takes on a different tone. However, the solution is the same. Be very loving and understanding. They know not what they do. Insha Allah, they will come to know the errors of their ways, through our gentle Dua's and constant prayers. Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Rajiun