Declaration Of Faith: Shahada

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dot

dot
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:37 PM

Assalamo alaikum

Its very easy for anyone to become a Muslim. All you need is to say 2 sentences:
"I bear witness that there is no god but Allah. And I bear witness that Muhammad is His Prophet"
This Shahadah, or declaration of faith, when recited by a person of sincerity, sound capacity and without any mental reservations, constitutes the first major requirement for being a Muslim. Through this public profession of faith, the individual becomes part of the Islamic community. To become a Muslim, one need only repeat the above shahadah. It is commended that you also say it in Arabic. Here is a video to teach you how to say it, word by word.

First say the Arabic words, repeating after the video

Ash-hadu al-laa ilaaha ill-lal-lah. Wa ash-hadu an-na Muhammadan rasool oll-lah.

Then say the English translation

I bear witness that there is no god but Allah. And I bear witness that Muhammad is His messenger.

Meanings word-by-word:
Ash-hadu: I bear witness
al-laa ilaaha: that there is no god
ill-lal-lah: but Allah
Wa ash-hadu: and I bear witness
an-na Muhammadan: that Muhammad
rasool oll-lah: is His messenger

Only God Almighty guides whom He wants. I sincerely wish you are one of those guided to the truth and ultimate way of life, Islam. And congratulations to all those who decide to say their shahadah now!

PS. if the above video failed to work, you can download it from http://www.gawaher.c...0of%20faith.flv
And if your video player cannot play flv files, just download http://www.download....4-10551786.html (its a great all-in-one player)

#2 freshprince

freshprince

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:21 AM

jazak Allah for this basic and most important aspect of Islam.

wasalam

#3 dot

dot

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:47 PM

reserved

#4 Olaf

Olaf

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Religion: Atheism

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:49 AM

It's easy enough to become a Muslim, that's for sure.  But what happens if a person utters the Shahadah (with sincere intentions), but subsequently changes his or her mind and wants to convert to another faith?  Or no faith at all?