Islamic Forum
Z19bm

Dutch Mp Calls For Ban On Quran

The MP's a zionist?

PropellerAds
I posted the article. I just happened to run across it on the web. If wnd isn't reputable, my apologies; I haven't heard of them, or read other articles that they've published. Are you saying that it really isn't a problem to carry Bibles into Saudi Arabia?

No prob. WND is a "Christian" site, but one of their main aims is to support israel at all costs.

I do not like WND and would never use them as a main news source. They are the only news source who is saying that Arafat died of AIDS. They like to slander people, in the name of journalism, but it's very bad journalism.

Jihadwatch is another bad site.

I know that sounds weird coming from a Christian, but some people call me a liberal for it. I'm definitely not a liberal, I just believe in God's lover for people from all nations.

I don't know about Bibles being taken to Saudi Arabia.

I do believe Egypt has a law of only one Bible per tourist coming in.

the fact that this *elected person* could even make such a call is worrying enough, never mind that he will never sit in govt (and right now even that i wouldnt put money on, the way the world is going :'( ).

it is a disgrace, and a fundamental betrayal of what modern european civilisation should be about.

as for KSA laws, i have heard some disquieting things, however i *do* know that taking 'unauthorised' items into iran is prohibited, and that even includes playing cards and chess sets, as they are 'decadent', and if the revolutionary guards find them then you are in big trouble.

why do we humans throw so many hard stones in our own paths? Is this world not hard enough without making it harder for ourselves?

peace and love. :sl:

I was reading this morning on an unrelated matter, and I stumbled across this quote from Thomas Jefferson, the man who is credited with writing the U.S. Declaration of Independence. In 1814, Jefferson ordered a science book directly from its French author. The author sent the book directly to Jefferson. There being no PayPal in those days, Jefferson asked the author to get his money from a bookseller in Philadelphia with whom Jefferson had had regular dealings. The Philadelphia bookseller paid the author out of his own funds, and then billed Jefferson for the price of the book. The bookseller never actually saw the book, he merely handled the financial transaction.

Apparently the book, Sur la Creation du Monde, un Systeme d'Organisation Primitive, attracted the notice of some Philadelphia official, and he came around asking pointed questions of the bookseller. This is an excerpt from a letter Jefferson wrote to the bookseller on April 19, 1814:

I am really mortified to be told that, in the United States of America, a fact like this can become a subject of inquiry, and of criminal inquiry too, as an offence against religion; that a question about the sale of a book can be carried before the civil magistrate. Is this then our freedom of religion? and are we to have a censor whose imprimatur shall say what books may be sold, and what we may buy? And who is thus to dogmatize religious opinions for our citizens? Whose foot is to be the measure to which ours are all to be cut or stretched? Is a priest to be our inquisitor, or shall a layman, simple as ourselves, set up his reason as the rule for what we are to read, and what we must believe? It is an insult to our citizens to question whether they are rational beings or not, and blasphemy against religion to suppose it cannot stand the test of truth and reason. If M. de Becourt's book be false in its facts, disprove them; if false in its reasoning, refute it. But, for God's sake, let us freely hear both sides, if we choose.

I have been just reading the new constitution of Spain. One of its fundamental basis is expressed in these words: "The Roman Catholic religion, the only true one, is, and always shall be, that of the Spanish nation. The government protects it by wise and just laws, and prohibits the exercise of any other whatever." Now I wish this presented to those who question what you may sell, or we may buy, with a request to strike out the words, "Roman Catholic," and to insert the denomination of their own religion. This would ascertain the code of dogmas which each wishes should domineer over the opinions of all others and be taken, like the Spanish religion, under the "protection of wise and just laws." It would shew to what they wish to reduce the liberty for which one generation has sacrificed life and happiness. It would present our boasted freedom of religion as a thing of theory only, and not of practice, as what would be a poor exchange for the theoretic thraldom, but practical freedom of Europe. But it is impossible that the laws of Pennsylvania, which set us the first example of the wholesome and happy effects of religious freedom, can permit the inquisitorial functions to be proposed to their courts. Under them you are surely safe.

This Dutch pastry is adopting an old bigots trick and hopefully no-one will fall for it, because that's exactly what he wants.

Here's an example, and although it's a trifle rude it's just an example and not meant to insult anyone.

Bigot prods Muslim in the chest and says "You're all savages!"

Muslim ignores him.

Muslim ignores him.

Muslim ignores him.

Muslim slaps him across the face.

Bigot turns to everyone and says "I told you so."