#1 dot

dot

[email protected]

• Administration
  • 17,209 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 19 August 2007 - 03:09 AM

:sl:

Among the beautiful tasks that All Muslims love to accomplish during the blessed month of ramadan, is reading and reciting the Quran. And in preparation for ramadan, we made available to you now, a very useful tool to help you in that regard: the Holy Quran, in Arabic, English meanings, as translated by Yusuf Ali, and transliteration with sound for every verse of the Quran. The reciter is sheikh Al Hudhaify, imam of Masjid Al Nabawy.

Insha'Allah you find it useful.
Go here for (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/show.php/showtopic/42453.html"]The Quran in Arabic, English and Transliteration with sound[/url].

Insha'Allah you all have so much good deeds in the blessed month of ramadan. May The Quran be the light of our hearts and souls, and may Allah subhanahu wataala accept our begging for His mercy and contempt, and may He accepts our duaa, qiyam and salah, ameen.

#2 kulki2

kulki2

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:18 AM

Go here

Al slam alikum
Its really nice and very helpful for non Arabic speakers.

#3 freshprince

freshprince

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:23 AM

Insha'Allah you all have so much good deeds in the blessed month of ramadan. May The Quran be the light of our hearts and souls, and may Allah subhanahu wataala accept our begging for His mercy and contempt, and may He accepts our duaa, qiyam and salah, ameen.

A'ameen bro i hope to check it out later.

#4 selina

selina

Found the Truth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts
  • Interests:Much and Varied

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:42 AM

Mashallah its wonderful. I'll definintely be using this... inshallah.
Jazakallah khair :sl:

#5 WVista

WVista

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:13 PM

Assalamu Alaikum

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetquranexplorer(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetquranexplorer(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url] is also a GREAT resource. I recommend everyone here to check it out.

#6 m0nica3

m0nica3

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:41 PM

Asalamu Alaikum,

I think this might be my last question regarding Ramadan, but i cant guarantee that

I was just wondering. When do you read from the Quran? I mean is it during your prayers and if so, at what part. Or can u do it outside your prayers like at another point of the day? And is there a certain time of day when its best to read it and i have an english translated version, so how many sections should i be reading in a day or at a sitting? thanks.

#7 Swanlake

Swanlake

Allah, The Most Merciful, The Most Gracious

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:17 AM

Asalamu Alaikum,

I think this might be my last question regarding Ramadan, but i cant guarantee that

I was just wondering. When do you read from the Quran? I mean is it during your prayers and if so, at what part. Or can u do it outside your prayers like at another point of the day? And is there a certain time of day when its best to read it and i have an english translated version, so how many sections should i be reading in a day or at a sitting? thanks.

Wa aleykum salaam monica
Ask all the question you like sister, as long as you dont tire, we wont be tired of your questions :sl:

With regards to Quran, I normally read whenever I have free time during the day and at night. Some people read the whole Quran for the month, some people finish the Quran twice during Ramadhan, and some read more than that and some less. Just read what you are able to read from the Quran and its translation. Dont worry if you cant read the Arabic yet. Inshallah you will get there. Personally I read the Quran on my lunch hour at work, and then I read just after I break my fast (as i get a bit of free time) and I like reading it after Fajr (morning) prayers. During prayers, you still need to recite surah fatiha and another short surah (chapter).

Sister Can I also suggest that you visit the masjid after breaking your fast (if you are free) and meet sisters that way? It would really help on learning Islam and will at least have someone on hand who could answer all your queries quickly. I am sure you will find revert sisters like yourself who have been there. In the meantime, ask away sista.

#8 dot

dot

[email protected]

• Administration
  • 17,209 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:58 AM

In your 5 obligatory daily prayers, you need to recite verses from the Quran out of your memory. That's why you need to memorize at least chapter 1 and chapter 112. They're only 2 or 3 lines each.

You can hold the Quran and recite from it if you're praying nawafel, which means extra prayers, like taraweeh and prayers of the night (qiyam al layl). But you must be able to read the original text, either in Arabic, or from a transliteration, like the one given in the top post. You can't read a translation in your prayers.

And of course, you can read the Quran and its translation anytime throughout the day or night. Some particular favorite times are before sunset, before sunrise, and in the middle of the night, but any hour day or night is also fine.

Its a pleasure answering your questions, anytime.

#9 A-H

A-H

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:I've always loved language. It's art to my ears, music to my tongue, and utter chaos for the pen; it could never keep up.

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:25 PM

Thanks you brother dot. This will make things so much easier!

#10 Allahs Religion is serious

Allahs Religion is serious

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:<br />Imam Al-Shafi'e used to say: &quot;The more I learnt the more I realize how ignorant I am&quot;.<br /><br /><br />Islam and the magnificent Quran<br />http://www.spubs.com/sps/<br />http://www.halaltube.com/day-of-judgment<br /><br />http://www.4islam.com/handsknees.shtml<br /><br />http://www.gawaher.com/index.php?showforum=577<br /><br />

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:08 PM

Thank you sooooooooo much

#11 Afzalsheikh

Afzalsheikh

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:27 AM

Many Muslims try to read the entire Quran in the month of Ramadan. Some do so without even understanding the Arabic meaning and some try to complete the Quran so fast that they pay little attention to the spiritual depth of this Holy Book…