Islamic Forum
Princess Mujahada

Prostitution In Iraq

:sl:

sister layna barakallah fiq! I dont think there is any point of you wasting your time with people who are not willing to rule their life according to the laws of Allah.

Let us not forget that hadith sister where our beloved prophet (Saw) warns us that some amoungst the ummah will make Halal into Haram. they will say fornication is halal!

May Allah protect and preserve the beliving men and women. Indeed the fitnah Allah sends separates the belivers from the rest.

PropellerAds

"Whoever says there is no god but Allah enters Paradise even if he commits adultery and even if he steals (i.e. even if he commits great sins)."

(Nasa'i, Tabarani and others from Abu al-Darda' - sahih)

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetlivingislam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/n/lail_e.html"]For Source click here [/url]

May be people like them come under this shade of mercy. I dont know if they said La ilaha illallaah.

I would rather make dua for them than speak about anything that perhaps wont be of much benifit to them of course not by speaking on a forum.

You guys are of course free to have your own opinions.

5 say bad and 5 say good and 5 say neutral = no change in their state.

15 making dua for the betterment of their state may help them a bit perhaps. I remember a Moroccan brother was made an Imam once and when in witr he began making dua. I dont speak arabic so i did not understand much, but i was surprised when he bagan crying while making the dua. Then he began making dua for 'our women' , 'muslims in chechan' 'muslims in Kashmir' etc .

I dont feel a persons dua is not answered. Sincere dua, heartfelt dua , for others whoom he doesnt even know. but wishes them good is a very selfless dua and perhaps has more chances of being answered. perhaps we should try ?

I think that what the post began with in intention.

Edited by Student

Assalamu'alaikum Wr.Wb

One sin will lead to another. What if the woman in the article is not pretty enough to attract any customers? Will she still become a prostitute?

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Edited by Yasnov

Peace

yes bro yasnov, I believe 2 wrongs dont make a right. But then again, I never claimed that these women's prostitution is OKAY. I have said earlier that it is Haram. Allah(swt) will Judge them and weigh their actions and the consequences of their actions accordingly. All Im saying is that we should not judge them because we have not walked in their shoes.

Salam

If I remember well, we had another thread a while ago discussing women dress, some esteemed members were arguing that the victim of a rape share some responsibility because of the way she clothes herself, and that she’s in a way or another accountable for spreading *corruption*.

The important thing to note about this line of reasoning is that the Violator despite being branded as responsible and accountable, this did not forbid some people to understand his action as a result of his environment.

Well if you can understand and maybe feel some sympathy or compassion for a violator, then I say by substituting the women dress by a starving child , what is that which forbid you from understanding and feeling (which is something you should) sympathy for these women ?

Also this must be added, you, whoever you are, aren’t you by Islam responsible? Why then do you hasten to forget your responsibilities (“he who sleep and his neighbors are hungry is not from us†…) and Judge others? Oh I don’t know you, I see, you are abiding to what you were ordered, as if you know these women or God intentions?

Anyway each person is responsible for his/her actions and cannot blame the society for his/her choices, if society is to be blamed it’s for its indifference, at the end here is something which should be reflected on:

He that is without sin among you let him first cast a stone at her.

If I remember well, we had another thread a while ago discussing women dress, some esteemed members were arguing that the victim of a rape share some responsibility because of the way she clothes herself, and that she’s in a way or another accountable for spreading *corruption*.

Yeah, I remember that thread. Some other esteemed members were saying that a woman shouldn't protect herself from rape and that whatever happens to her, simply happens to her because having rights is better than security.

If you're going to twist the argument of one side, the same can be done with the other.

Salam.

Edited by Layna

I’m pretty sure that I was not meant by your last post , since if you review what I have said here and there , you will find that I’m true to my arguments.

Now what’s important to note is that it’s unimportant what others believe, we are talking about you (well not you layna personally) , so somewhere you were holding something and in another place you disregarded what you were affirming , like for example the bus driver did not respond to your salutation so you said to yourself surely he lacks manners , but someplace else you did the same thing because you had a lot on your mind so you excused yourself but not the driver .

I hope that this post and the one before explained well my point of view.

Peace

Wondering about whether or not a bus driver has bad manners is a bit of a waste of time. However, if he were a Muslim and killed someone (intentionally and not in self defense), would it be wrong for someone to say "Murder is against Islam, the driver should repent"? Regardless of whatever drove him to murder, if he did it unlawfully, then it is still unlawful.

Is it our business to know what his intentions are, or what might happen to him when he dies? Actually, as far as I'm concerned, no. Therefore, I don't really care for that "You don't know X Y Z's intentions". The point of the matter is, when someone sins, they sin. End of story. No one is saying that these women are evil, loose in morals, disgusting, etc. That would be judging their characters, which is a stupid thing to do considering we don't know who they are. But what do we know? They're prostituing themselves to feed their children. And what are WE saying? That prostitution is unlawful, period.

If everyone were to do whatever they wanted, and hoped that maybe, just maybe, Allah would forgive them, what kind of world would we live in? We keep forgetting that Allah punishes those who displease Him, how can anyone take a risk and do what is considered one of the greatest sins, with nothing more than hope that they might be forgiven? And what next? Will we do self-mutilation to feed our children? Kill people to feed them? Become spies against a Muslim government? It doesn't seem like much of an end to it.

Using the "you're judging them" card is just plain stupid. No one's judged them, all that was done was that we pointed out that it's a sin to prostitute oneself.

Salam.

Assalamualikum

one of the main problems, i think, is that lots of muslims say "we have faith, we only rely on Allah,etc..." but when a difficulty falls upon them...they look to help from worldly sources...that might be because of weak iman..anyways Allah knows best...

but i do feel for them... isnt it sad... its because of us weaklings that our sisters are suffereing... i think its the fault of us muslims who cant and/or wont help this ummah

we should have been there to protect them from the beasts... but we failed and now our sisters are suffering because of it. And also its very ironic to see lots of muslims condemnig the mujahideen.

Dear layna ,

To be honest I really admire your vivacity and intellect , and I totally respect your opinions ,hence I don’t have any intention to fuel a fruitless debate.

So first of all if we focus together on what we agree you could see that both me and you , are saying that these women are responsible for their actions thus they cannot blame society or god or anyone else for their choices , we also agree that they are accountable before God hence it’s for God to judge and decide which punishment are best suited for them ,there is a hadith about a woman who was a prostitute but for feeding a starving dog she went to heaven, hence forgiveness is not to be forbidden as it’s a contempt to God and religion, we also agree that God forgiveness should not be used as a pretext to do whatever you want but God is whom who knows best when his forgiveness is to be given or withheld (in early Islam some guys under torture renounced god and they were forgiven , Moses according to the Quran killed a man and was forgiven …).

Now where I disagree with some , is on this state of no compassion and sympathy , this state of void of indifference ,this state where a person forgot his responsibilities (post 55 may have explained better) just to poke the deeds of others , so the bus driver allegory was somewhat a metaphor showing this duality in the reasoning of some where they can comprehend their actions or the actions of their beloved but are unable to make a leap toward the others .(Please Don’t tell me that in all what was posted here you did not find such case .)

Peace and love .

Thank you, as always, for your insightful words.

I agree with some of what you say, and disagree with others. Firstly, I'm not indifferent to anyone who is suffering. I'm a very compassionate person by nature, to the point where I can sympathize with anyone, including people who others say "deserve" bad things happen to them. In fact, my friends mockingly refer to me as the defender of underdogs sometimes.

My first comment on this subject was in response to someone else's. The subject of my own feelings about the hardships that face these women never came up, I simply replied when their actions were (somewhat) justified.

Suppose a new member, who lacks knowledge about Islam walks into this topic and sees a bunch of people defending something unlawful. That would be bad, wouldn't it? Because they could possibly be misled.

Now, my goal was not to look down on them, please do not be mistaken. It was to refute the idea that what they're doing is okay by Islam. As long as something like this is not permitted anywhere in the Qur'an or in the Hadiths (like pork is in times of famine), it should not be accepted as the norm.

Yes, a prostitute went to Heaven for being kind to a dog. But it's not written in stone that every single prostitute who shows kindness to animals will go to Heaven. And we can't assume that it is. We should fear Allah, at all times. He comes first, more so than even our own children.

As I've said before, if I find myself in a situation where I choose prostitution to feed my children, then it will be with the knowledge that I am doing something unlawful, and that I might never be forgiven. All I'm saying is, we should be aware of what we do, and whether or not it's okay.

Salam.

IN A LIFE - DEATH SITUATION YOU ARE ALLOWED TO DO HARAM THINGS! YOU ARE ALLOWED TO PROTECT YOURSELF IN ANYWAY (as long as that is not hurting innocents) such as taking off your hijab, shaving your beards AND EVEN DENOUNCING Islam (as your religion) (obviously, vocally and not in your heart!)

If they were to not do it, and suffer and die, that may be better for them. But in life death situations, Allah excuses the people for doing haram (that they don't want to do) to protect themselves and their families.

Allah IS MERCIFUL AND Islam IS MADE EASY!

PLEASE DO NOT JUDGE THESE SISTERS! UNLESS YOU CAN BRING FORTH PROOF THAT THIS WOULD BE HARAM FOR THEM, PLEASE STOP!

Allahu alam[using large font size is not allowed]

Edited by Mujahada ÈäÊ ãÈÑæß

I wouldn't mind seeing Hadiths or ayat stating that.

Salam.

Insha'Allah I will look for the proof of what I said. A quote from Islamqa "The scholars have stated that it is permissible to do a haraam action in causes of necessity and extreme need, so long as you limit yourself to the (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?ref=82720&ln=eng"]minimum."[/url]

Allahu alam

I really wouldn't mind seeing something, it would clear up a lot. Thanks, sis. :sl:

Salam.

Well I’m glad that we have everything cleared, I will just add that you were not the one meant by the indifference, I’m sorry if my earlier posts misled you , but let’s not focus on that, since we seems to agree on everything.

Now concerning what was posted by Mujahida , I believe the story of Ammar is well known , he was captured with his mother Somaya and his father Yaser by Quraysh , they were tortured to renounce their religion , his mother and dad refused to do so and have been killed becoming the first martyrs of Islam ; to save his life Ammar renounced his beliefs vocally but stayed faithful in heart , and he was forgiven for that :

16,106:

Anyone who, after accepting Faith in Allah, utters Unbelief, - except under compulsion, his heart remaining firm in Faith - but such as open their breast to Unbelief, on them is Wrath from Allah, and theirs will be a dreadful Penalty.

Clearly this is not a vocation for people to do whatever they want or an abolition of what is illegal, you are still responsible for your action God knows best when or not to forgive .

29 :

2-Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, "We believe," and that they will not be tested?

10- Then there are among men such as say: "We believe in Allah"; but when they suffer affliction in (the cause of) Allah, they treat men's oppression as if it were the Wrath of Allah! And if help comes (to thee) from thy Lord, they are sure to say, "We have (always) been with you!" Does not Allah know best all that is in the hearts of all Creation?

22,11 :

There are among men some who serve Allah, as it were, on the verge: if good befalls them, they are, therewith, well content; but if a trial comes to them, they turn on their faces; they lose both this world and the Hereafter: that is loss for all to see!

So in brief patience in the face of hardship is the key for success.

And also its very ironic to see lots of muslims condemnig the mujahideen.

Ok, I knoe you know this. muslims are not against the mujahideen. Muslims are just against those who call themselves mujahideen, but infact target non-combatants. I hope that's cleared up now. Nobody has ever said that the Iraqi people are not allowed to fight the opressors and invaders. even the vast majority of NON-MUSLIMS I know Support the mujahideen who are fighting to liberate their lands from foreign occupation. Its just the murdering misguided few which are the problem.

Salam

:j: / Peace

Sex for survival

By Afif Sarhan in Baghdad

When Rana Jalil, 38, lost her husband in an explosion in Baghdad last year, she could never have imagined becoming a prostitute in order to feed her children. A mother of four, Jalil sought out employment, but job opportunities for women had decreased since the US invasion. She begged shop owners, office workers and companies to hire her but was treated with what she calls chauvinistic discrimination. Within weeks of her husband's death, a doctor diagnosed her children with malnutrition.

Fighting tears, she recalled the desperation which led her to the oldest profession: "In the beginning these were the worst days in my life. My husband was the first man I met and slept with, but I didn't have another option … my children were starving." She left the house in a daze, she recalled, and walked to the nearest market to find someone who would pay her for sex.

She said: "I'm a nice-looking woman and it wasn't difficult to find a client. When we got to the bed I tried to run away … I just couldn't do it, but he hit and raped me. When he paid me afterwards, it was finished for me.

"When I came home with some food I had bought from that money and saw my children screaming of happiness, I discovered that honour is insignificant compared to the hunger of my children."

Iraqi widows desperate

Prior to the US invasion, Iraqi widows, particularly those who lost husbands during the Iran-Iraq war, were provided with compensation and free education for their children. In some cases, they were provided with free homes. However, no such safety nets currently exist and widows have few resources at their disposal.

According to the non-governmental organisation Women's Freedom in Iraq (OWFI), 15 per cent of Iraqi women widowed by the war have been desperately searching for temporary marriages or prostitution, either for financial support or protection in the midst of sectarian war.

Nuha Salim, the spokesperson for OWFI, told Al Jazeera: "Widows are one of our priorities but their situation is worsening and we are feeling ineffective to cope with this significant problem. Hundreds of women are searching for an easy way to support their loved ones as employers refuse to hire them for fear of extremists' reprisals."

She said the NGO has documented the disappearance of some 4000 women, 20 per cent of whom are under 18, since the March 2003 invasion. OWFI believes most of the missing women were kidnapped and sold into prostitution outside Iraq.

Although few reliable statistics are available on the total number of widows in Iraq, the ministry of women's affairs says that there are at least 350,000 in Baghdad alone, with more than eight million throughout the country.

Bitter trade

As Iraqi families continue to fall on hard times, some have been forced to make the most painful of decisions – selling their daughters.

Abu Ahmed, a handicapped father of five who is himself a widower, sold his daughter Lina to an Iraqi man who came to Iraq to "shop" for sex workers. Abu Ahmed said he could not afford to buy food for his other children. He told Al Jazeera: "I'm sure that whatever she is, at least she is having food to eat. I have three other girls and a son and what they paid me for Lina is enough to raise the remaining ones."

Abu Ahmed had been initially approached by Shada, the alias of a woman living in Baghdad, who sought young women for Iraqi gangs running prostitution rackets in neighbouring Arab countries. She told Al Jazeera that her role was to convince young women from impoverished families that a better life awaited them beyond the country's borders. She said: "Families don't want them and we are helping the girls to survive. We offer them food and housing and about $10 a day if they have had at least two clients."

"Our priority is virgin girls; they can be sold at very expensive prices to Arab millionaires." Shada said she sleeps in a different house every few nights as armed groups have marked her for trial and assassination.

Escape from Jordan

OWFI's Salim says cases like Lina's have become very common as poverty is increasing in Iraq and desperate families sometimes sell their daughters for less than $500 to traffickers. But increasingly, young Iraqi women arrive in neighbouring capitals to find that prostitution carries a heavy and dangerous price. Suha Muhammad, 17, was sold to an Iraqi gang by her mother, herself a prostitute, after her father was killed.

When she arrived in Jordan, she was gang-raped by four men who told her they were teaching her the tricks of the trade. She told Al Jazeera she had been sold to a gang that caters to VIPs in Syria and was often shuttled to Amman, the Jordanian capital, for high-profile clients.

After six months, she escaped: "I ran away and an Iraqi family helped me by driving me to the immigration department where they helped me get a passport to return to Iraq. "My aunt is now taking care of me in Baghdad. She never imagined that my mother could sell me, but unfortunately women in Iraq are not important and respected."

Traffic

Mayada Zuhair, a spokesperson for the Baghdad-based Women's Rights Association (WRA), said Iraqi and Arab NGOs are trying to monitor the trafficking of young women from the war-ravaged country to neighbouring destinations.

She told Al Jazeera: "We are trying to find out the fate of many widows and teenager girls who were trafficked. Unfortunately it is not an easy process and without international support, funding, and resources, we fear more young Iraqi women will be taken abroad to work in the sex trade."

In the meantime, however, prostitution remains the only option for Nirmeen Lattif, a 27-year-old widow who lost her husband in an attack on Shia pilgrims south of Baghdad. When she turned to her husband's relatives for financial support, they could not afford to help her. She says she tries not to think of the gravity of what she does or the dishonour it carries in conservative Muslim society.

"I think of my children, only my children; without money we starve in the streets."

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_english.aljazeera(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/NR/exeres/36B04283-E43F-4367-90BB-E6C60CB88F76.htm"]Al-Jazeera Link[/url]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How long before the goverments and world leaders take notice about the inhumane conditions in Iraq and other oppressed areas before taking any action? Must the US soldiers and terrorists and suicide-bombers start committing genocides in Iraq before they start taking notice?

In this case, it is the women who take the harder blow. But both men and women suffer, and both have dealt with heavy blows, in different ways.

I really do not know how these women's actions will be weighed on Qiyamah. I think, brothers and sisters, it is best to leave it to Allah's untmost and infinitely wise decision and final judgement.

I can only say, I cannot even start to imagine myself to be in the shoes of the father like the one in the above story, or my mother, sister or my female relatives subjected to this situation. To say it is disheartening to me is an understatement. I cannot believe that I can't do nothing for them, that I can't help them, because I'm so far away from them, so far away from the political process to cause any change. But all these are excuses. If they are feeling helpless, then what am I? Handicapped?

I really feel small compared to them... :sl:

May Allah ease the suffering and hardship of the oppressed...May we strive to end fitnah...

:sl: / Peace

salaam.

wherever US forces go, prostitution is actively encouraged, if it isnt already established. here in australia, it made the national news that the americans had sent forward scouting parties ahead of the imminent landing of an aircraft carrier to brisbanes brothels to make sure they were ready, and to plot maps for the sailors!!!!!!! im sure a google search would bring up a mainstream news blog of it. it was news for a while.

do you think that afgahn women, and iraqi women are encouraged through crime gangs for the yanks? you bet!!!!

evil shows its head everywhere it goes...

and iraqi women are encouraged through crime gangs for the yanks? you bet!!!!

How do you come to this conclusion, when the article mentioned absolutely nothing about american encouragement for prostitution in Iraq....Soldiers are traditionally "horny", but your assumptions are a bit wild in this case.

Salam

IN A LIFE - DEATH SITUATION YOU ARE ALLOWED TO DO HARAM THINGS!

Assalamualikum

i have heard this before in a lecture...

Assalamu'alaikum Wr.Wb

It's time for the Americans to start kissing these women's feet and beg for their forgiveness ...

Wassalam,

Yasnov

shouldnt feel too sorry for them, they are spreading evil. such women if they do not repent will never smell the fragrance of jannah, which can be smelth miles away from its gates.

The females of the first generations of muslims were not all rich etc but they stood firm in the deen awaiting their rewards in the akhirah. they the poor are rewarded by being permited to enter jannah before the rich.

First you should say alhamdulilah that Allah has not put u and your family in a land of occupation , then you should make du3aa ofr the lady that Allah Will help her and all of iraq .

slave if you are lost in the desert and there is nothing but pork and Wine in front of you what would you do ? Commit suicide ? :sl:

The keys to heaven and hell r not in our hands :sl: .

Edited by al faqeer

Salam

If those mothers dont prostitute themselves , their Children will DIE. They will DIE, no ifs or buts.

Salam

Well, you know, Allah's will and all that. The women should just sit quietly, listening to their children cry until they're too weak with hunger to cry any more, praying that Allah will feed their children. If Allah wants to wait for them to arrive in paradise before giving them a meal, He knows best.