Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
disabled0335

Q&a For Non-muslims: Missed Opportunities

Salaams peeps,

I've noticed that many of the comments I post in the Moderator controlled sections, usually Q&A for Non-Muslims never get posted. And if they do, its a few days after I've posted them.

I feel this is a missed opportunity for dawah. This section in particular is one of the best places for dawah as each comment is checked before posting, which eliminates errors and stops people making provacative statements etc. Unlike other sections such as Islamic-Western where heated debates take place with less emphasis on dawah.

I think this section should get a bit more priority as it can be very beneficial for Non-Muslims. Its no good if a response is posted a few days after the member posts it, as the interest might have gone and an opportunity has been missed. I also think that if a post is not suitable for that particular section, a PM should be sent to the member by a Mod saying that the comment was not suitable.

I don't know if this is a problem other members are having too or perhaps its just me.

Peace

PropellerAds

same prob for me, and it is frustrating also to post something and then it only appears days later after others have posted, leaving it higher up the page and therefore ignored.

with so many moderators around, perhaps the rules there can be relaxed?

peace and love. :sl:

Peace everyone

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Our mods are doing their best, but this particular section, Q&A, is the responsibility of our support team, which is currently having a shortage. They are the ones who are supposed to reply to posted questions, but if a member would like to help by giving answers there, we kindly ask that you give authentic answers in a short and simple fashion, and insha'Allah we'll review them as soon as possible.

:sl:

When someone replies to a Moderator-Controlled section, does the topic move to the top of topics' list for moderators? I mean to say, do moderators easily see that a new post has been made? Because sometimes I come across questions that were posted a long time ago, and when I reply, it never shows up.

Can anything be done about this or is there no solution?

Baarak Allahu feekum.

Assalamu Alaikum, The answers in this section need to be short and to the point and not lengthy, with the Source provided. Any answers that do not give a straight answer or is not authentic cannot be made visible.

I personally try to look at the answer, check if the answer is authentic or not, and then I make it visible. As for times when myself or the other support team members are not there, and any of you think that your answer would help the questioner, please send a report and whoever is available will look into it as soon as possible.

Normally we do put a note on the bottom of the post giving reason why the post is not made visible.

Still thanks a lot for pointing towards the problem. Constructive comments is what helps make things better.

If at times there is a delay, please understand the constrictions we have, and try to overlook our shortcomings. I know both the Question and Answer Sections are very important, and believe me your replies are appreciated, but try to be precise and to the point.

JazaakAllahu Khairan for understanding.

umAhmad.

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

I have been having the same problem right now. Sometimes, it know the answer and I like to share it with the New Muslims and the Non-Muslims, but unfortunately the reply did not get through.

Is there something I have to do to become member of the Support Team and do I have to have a specific amount of posts to become one of the IF Support Team Shuyookh? :sl: :sl: :j:

Salam

Assalamu alaikum, You should contact Br. dot, inshaAllah he will be able to decide on your request.

IF Support Team Shuyookh, I could'nt stop smiling, lol. Nice title.

Assalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

:sl:

Brother MM,

If your posts in the Q&A don't get approved, this cold suggest that you probably don't qualify to become a support team member. Anyhow, here's a deal: reply to whatever new questions there, then pm me to review your replies, and insha'Allah if approved, we'll be more than happy to have you in the team.

Replies should be short & simple, and from a moderate Islamic perspective.