Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wiseguy

Robert Morey Is A Big Liar.

Robert Morey (born 1946) is a Christian apologist and pastor who has written a number of books and pamphlets. He strongly criticises Islam, Wicca, and non-Evangelical Christian beliefs. He is the founder, executive officer, and primary faculty member of the California Biblical University and Seminary,[1] an unaccredited school offering distance education programs under Morey and adjunct faculty.

Morey runs Faith Defenders, an organization dedicated to Christian apologetics and is the pastor of the related Faith Community Church in Irvine, California. He received a Master of Divinity and Doctor of Ministry from the fully accredited Westminster Theological Seminary and was trained under Francis Schaeffer, Gordon Clark, Cornelius Van Til, and John Murray. He also claims to have a Doctor of Philosophy in Islamic Studies from the unaccredited Louisiana Baptist University and a Doctor of Divinity, usually an honorary degree bestowed upon someone who has made distinguished contributions to the field of religion, from Faith Theological Seminary in Gujranwala, Pakistan, but there is some controversy over whether this degree was bestowed (and later rescinded) with the proper authority.

His lies are exposed:

1) In March 2006 the OC Weekly exposed that the so-called "Islam expert" Robert Morey has made false claims about his credentials, and reported that he listed in his résumé a doctorate in Islamic studies from Louisiana Baptist University. On the second page the OC Weekly said of this claimed LBU doctorate "Two problems: LBU is unaccredited by the United States government, which means no serious academy would recognize it. Then there’s this: LBU doesn’t offer a Ph.D. in Islamic studies." The Louisiana Baptist University doctoral programs lead to the degrees of Doctor of Philosophy in Biblical Studies, Psychology and Christian Counseling, and Christian Education. (Note: OC Weekly, a sister publication of both LA Weekly and The Village Voice, is a free weekly paper (an alternative weekly) distributed in Orange County, California and also in Long Beach. Its political coverage is generally progressive)

2) Faith Theological Seminary Gujranwala disowns DD degree awarded to Dr. Robert Morey.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetpakistanchristianpost(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/newsdetails.php?newsid=464"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetpakistanchristianpost(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/newsd....php?newsid=464[/url]

Gujranwala. The Board of Directors of FTS Gujranwala in a meeting today at New campus of FTS at Sialkot Road , decided to withdraw the Doctor of Divinity Degree to Dr. Robert Morey in August 1996.

Dr. Robert a Morey is leading a ministry named ‘Defender of Faith’ at Orange in California State, USA and FTS degree was awarded to him in USA instead of FTS convocation at Gujranwala. The Board of Directors retreated that any degree awarded on behalf of FTS abroad without presence of Chancellor, Principal or any Member of Board of Directors of FTS can not be considered valid. The meeting further clarified that degrees awarded abroad can be called for evaluation and confirmation but same was denied by Dr. Robert Morey on frequent requests made by the FTS.

The FTS Board of Directors said that Robert Morey was not on graduation list of FTS in year 1996 nor the FTS was aware of awarding DD degree to Dr. Morey. It was confirmed by the meeting that FTS holds its graduation in month of March every year not in month of August as it’s stated in the DD degree hold by Mr. Morey.

Bishop T Nasir commenting on this issue said “The degree of DD that was awarded to Dr. Robert Morey never originated from Gujranwala, Pakistan and as such we do not take any responsibility of the Doctor of Divinity degree awarded to him”

Bishop T Nasir said “I agree with the decision made by the Board of Directors of FTS to disown the DD degree of Dr. Morey “

And now this liar is busy inventing lies and fairy tales to insult, degrade and slander Islam and Muslims. And there are ignorant morons who really believe in his lies!

PropellerAds
And now this liar is busy inventing lies and fairy tales to insult, degrade and slander Islam and Muslims. And there are ignorant morons who really believe in his lies!

I'd never heard of this guy before reading about him here this morning, but I went and checked out his website just to see what all the fuss was about. Considering ######'s tireless efforts here to point out how wrong Christians are for considering Jesus as Allah's equal, I wondered what his response would be to this liar's comments on 21:98-99:

98. Verily ye, (unbelievers), and the (false) gods that ye worship besides Allah, are (but) fuel for Hell! to it will ye (surely) come!

99. If these had been gods, they would not have got there! but each one will abide therein.

Morey points out that if each one of the false gods is destined for hell, and Jesus is a false god, it seems like the Quran is condemning one of Islam's prophets.

If it is not the case that each of the false gods is destined for hell, why would the Quran state it as fact?

If it is a fact, and Jesus is a false god, his fate seems clear.

Reading this, I'm just glad nobody worships me.

Salaams peeps,

Although the translation you used is not wrong, it does not translate the words exactly.

Surely you and what you worship besides Allah are the firewood of hell; to it you shall come.

[Qur'ân 21:98]

The word "mâ" translated as "what" in the verse is used to refer to things/objects and does not refer to people. Otherwise, it would be "whome you worship". Jesus as is not included in this verse. This verse refers to idols worshipped by the pagans who lived in the time of Prophet Muhammad saw.

Peace

I've heard a sheikh on the subject, and he said for those who worship Jesus, it could be that the cross will be thrown in hellfire, considering it represents the lies invented about prophet Isa. But Allah knows best.

Salam.

Peace

Im sure he's very happy when people like you give him the free publicity.

Salam

I'm sure that Robert Morey is very angry with me now for I have exposed his lies! And I really pity ignorant people who believe in his lies for he is a BIG liar.

I am sure that he has no idea who you are, and is indifferent to your dissection of his beliefs.

I am sure that he has no idea who you are, and is indifferent to your dissection of his beliefs.

So he is the shameless liar.

So he is the shameless liar.

Or you are an anonymous nobody whose opinion creates no shame.

Or you are an anonymous nobody whose opinion creates no shame.

Or you are an anonymous nobody whose opinion creates no shame. You are hiding behind your nick name !