19 members have voted

1. 1. I believe...

• It is Halal
    • It is Haram
    • Sometimes it is Halal and sometimes Haram
    • Other; please explain

:sl: dear musilms :j:

well what is your view on interest?

do you think it's halal in today's society?

if you think it's haram, this is probably one of the most difficult fitna to completely avoid.

also, what do you think of Islamic finance?

:sl:/peace

PropellerAds

can a moderator please add the following option:

Interest:

1) I believe it is halal.

2) I believe it is haram.

3) Sometimes it is halal and sometimes it is haram.

4) Other: please explain.

peace

:sl:

It's haram, but we cant stay away from it in our modern world unfortunately

:j:, I stay away from it...I don't understand why we can't even in these modern times?

can a moderator please add the following option...

Done.

Mashallah.^ :no:

if you think it's haram, this is probably one of the most difficult fitna to completely avoid.

But not impossible.

Allah says its haram for our own good.

When something is haram we must try our best(give 100%) to avoid it and not make excuses like its too hard.

See it as a test from Allah. :j: if we stay away it'll bring a lot of blessings and reward.If we don't stay away then that could be our downfall.

May Allah make it easy for us all,ameen.

Another thing is that interest is haram.Halal and haram can't mix in.If they do it becomes haram.Bit like having water which is halal.Then if you mix in some acid(haram) it will take over the particles of the water.Turning the water into acid.

So interest is haram and haram only.

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

I stay away from it...I don't understand why we can't even in these modern times?

No you dont. Every piece of clothing you buy, every time you use the computer, you're using a thing which is bought/made/sold/marketed with RIBA. Its 100% impossible to stay away from interest unless you forsake all modern life and go live somewhere deep in the forrest, hunt your own food etc.....you get the picture.

Salam

Actually, yes I do. I don't deal with interest per se. For example, if I'm getting my car insurance sorted out, I pay by lump sum to avoid the interest etc etc.

Peace

for every case in which you manage to avoid paying interest, there are 10 others where u have no choice. You did not understand what I am trying to say. The whole International Banking and Monetary systems are based on riba, so WHATEVER YOU BUY, you are buying something which has haram interest in it. YOU SIMPLY CANT AVOID IT

For example, lets say you buy a SONY MP3 Player. That thing is made in china, under very unfair practices, secondly, it is owned by SONY , a company which is listed and traded on the World Stock Markets which are pure Riba. You buy it and think wow I paid 50 bucks for it no big deal, but basically you have given money to support the unfair and unjust haram interest systems of this world.

Salam

Edited by anthony19832005

Yes, I understand what you are saying. However, I still maintain that I am not dealing with interest per se.

you have to be quite rich to pay lump sum for everything. say 700 thousand for the house which would take you around 20 years of savings. and during that time you have live with your parents cuz if you pay rent it would take you much longer to pay a lump sum for a good house. so basically any middle-income muslim has to rent forever unless he uses Islamic finance to buy his house.

peace

I don't believe in interest. There is a saying in the quran about interest..

"O ye who believe! Fear Allah, and give up what remains of your demand for usury, if ye are indeed believers. If ye do it not, take notice of war from Allah and His Messenger: But if ye turn back, ye shall have your capital sums: Deal not unjustly, and ye shall not be dealt with unjustly. (2:278-279)."

you have to be quite rich to pay lump sum for everything. say 700 thousand for the house which would take you around 20 years of savings. and during that time you have live with your parents cuz if you pay rent it would take you much longer to pay a lump sum for a good house. so basically any middle-income muslim has to rent forever unless he uses Islamic finance to buy his house.

So, use Islamic financing (for a house)! Use an Islamic bank. Pay cash for things you can afford, if you can't afford it you don't need it.

Worst case senario, move to another place where you can. I don't see why you can't afford it.

p.s., what's wrong with living with your parents?

:sl: bro Aaqib for that great reminder. Alhumdulilah, I have never owned a credit card, nor have I ever taken a loan because I don't know of any that doesn't involve interest. At least, I do not qualify for those rare types. Alhumdulilah, everything is a test, and every test is actually a ni'ma.

What we have to do is fear Allah and put our trust in Allah, then do that which is obviously halal, and stay away from haram, and then Allah makes ways for us, alhumdulilah.

"Those who eat Riba (interest) will not stand (on the Day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person beaten by Shaitan leading him to insanity. That is because they say: "Trading is only like Riba (interest)," whereas Allah has permitted trading and forbidden Riba (interest). So whosoever receives an admonition from his Lord and stops eating Riba (interest) shall not be punished for the past; his case is for Allah (to judge); but whoever returns (to Riba: interest), such are the dwellers of the Fire - they will abide therein." (Surah Al-Baqarah 2:275)

The Prophet (SAW) cursed the one who consumes Riba and the one who pays it and the scribe who writes the contract, and the witnesses to it; and said, "They are equal (in sin)." (Sahih Muslim).

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetthemuslimwoman(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/beware/Riba.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetthemuslimwoman(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/beware/Riba.htm[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamqa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/search/riba/AllWords/t,q,a"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamqa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/search/riba/AllWords/t,q,a[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamweb(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/ver2/Fatwa/FatwaCategory.php?lang=E&CatId=214"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamweb(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/ver2/Fatwa/FatwaCa...E&CatId=214[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamtoday(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/show_quest_section.cfm?main_cat_id=5&sub_cat_id=31"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamtoday(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/show_quest_secti...p;sub_cat_id=31[/url]

about insurance:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamtoday(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/show_quest_section.cfm?main_cat_id=5&sub_cat_id=36"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamtoday(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/show_quest_secti...p;sub_cat_id=36[/url]

For example, lets say you buy a SONY MP3 Player. That thing is made in china, under very unfair practices, secondly, it is owned by SONY , a company which is listed and traded on the World Stock Markets which are pure Riba. You buy it and think wow I paid 50 bucks for it no big deal, but basically you have given money to support the unfair and unjust haram interest systems of this world.

Alsalamu Alikum

Prophet Mohammad Salla Allahu Alyhi Wa Sallam were buying from Jewish, and as you know that Jewish deal with Riba in-between each other, so does that mean that our Prophet were supporting the usurers and Ribba?!.

you can buy your needs from market and it's Halal if you did not pay Riba for it, and you don't have to forsake modern world, unless you are making Fatwa that if you bought your need from market it contains some Riba.

Prophet Salla Allahu Alyhi Wa Sallam Said

"One dirham of Riba that a man devours, while knowing it is Riba, is more severe (in crime) than thirty-six acts of fornication (or adultery)." (reported by Ahmad and Darqutni).

so do you mean that all people who buy their things from market without interests or taking loans, or dealing with banks or credit cards still deal with Riba?!

I don't think so.

Wassalam.

Asaalmualikum

Interest is haram

Islamic banking and finance is very good. From the latest mini global recession and credit crunch, Islamic finance was one of the few sectors in the world which was expereincing very minimal or even zero loses. In some cases like in England and America, there was growth in times of financial turmoil. It has the been the fastest growing sector of world banking. So these are good signs not only for Islamic business who are thriving under sharia law but for us, muslim consumers, who have more access to these banks in non-islamic countries and so it makes it easy for us (and future generations) to not live from haram means.

Walikumasalaam