Islamic Forum
muslim12

New Cartoons Of Rasool-allah!

Sweden 'regrets' Prophet cartoon

Sweden's embassy in Pakistan has expressed regret over the publication of a cartoon depicting the Prophet Muhammad in a Swedish newspaper. Pakistan had complained about the cartoon, which depicted the head of the Prophet on the body of a dog.

Sweden's government said it regretted any hurt but could not apologise as it was not responsible for the drawing and could not prevent its publication.

Other cartoons depicting the Prophet sparked worldwide protests last year.

Thousands of Muslims took to the streets in several countries in early 2006 in protest at the drawings, which were initially published by a Danish daily and later reproduced elsewhere.

Muslims regard any visual representation of the Prophet as blasphemous. Many Muslims also regard the dog as an impure animal.

Press freedom

The new drawing depicting the Prophet's head on the body of a dog was published in the Swedish newspaper Nerikes Allehanda on Sunday.

The cartoon's creator, Lars Vilks, told the Associated Press news agency the drawing was art.

"I'm not against Islam. Everybody knows that," he is quoted as saying.

The publication prompted the Iranian government to complain to Swedish diplomats earlier this week.

The Pakistani foreign ministry delivered its complaint to a Swedish diplomat in Islamabad on Thursday.

A Swedish foreign ministry spokeswoman said the government had "expressed regret that the publication of the cartoons had hurt the feelings of Muslims".

"We can't apologise for the cartoons because we did not publish them," spokeswoman Sofia Karlberg told the BBC News website.

Ms Karlberg said the government could not influence the publication of such cartoons because of rules concerning media freedom in the country.

Restraint urged

The Pakistani foreign ministry expressed sorrow at what it described as a growing tendency "among some Europeans to mix the freedom of expression with an outright and deliberate insult to 1.3 billion Muslims worldwide".

"Such acts deeply undermine the efforts of those who seek to promote respect and understanding among religions and civilisations," a foreign ministry statement said.

According to the Pakistani statement, the Swedish diplomat had said his government "fully shared the views of the Muslim community and termed the publication as unfortunate".

The Swedish foreign ministry told the BBC News website it could not confirm its diplomat in Islamabad had made these remarks.

A Swedish Islamic centre has planned a demonstration outside the paper's offices in the town of Orebro, the AP news agency says.

An umbrella body representing 57 Muslim nations, the Organisation of Islamic Conference, condemned the latest cartoon and urged the Swedish government to punish those responsible.

The chairman of the body also urged Muslims to remain calm and exercise restraint.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by SJ54

PropellerAds

Salam,

The drawing of someone's head on the body of a dog couldn't be Rasool-Allah as written in the title of this topic. A five year old kid can also draw a cartoon and name it Muhammad, but no Muslims agree that it is really the picture and representation of the Prophet. No one believes that the image is the real presentation of the Prophet. So, it couldn't be Rasool-Allah.

The most important thing that should become the focus of our immediate attention is the condition of the Ummah themselves. We have been fooled by our own hypcrit governments which allied with foreign invading armies, it's now time to set the priorities straight. Just ignore the swedish jokers, not even worthy of our attention. This might be their purpose in fact to incite the violence among the grass roots in the Muslims worlds and at the same time getting free publications all over the world ...

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Edited by Yasnov

:sl:

Whatever we Muslims do, we shouldn't resort to any form of violence. Angry demonstrations usually result in Muslim casualties.

But this is a grave crime against humanity, and against our beloved prophet. This should never go silently. The best weapon is boycotting.

The Swedish government, which represent the swedish people, refused to apologize or take any action to correct the grave insult to the Muslim world, which this time is more vulgar and insulting than the Danish cartoon. We should use civilized manners to force them to apologize. I call upon each and every Muslim in the world to boycott all Swedish companies and their products. If I bought a swedish product today, I would be sharing in insulting prophet Muhammad :sl:

and I would cut my hand before doing so.

The Muslim world can force the swedish government to apologize and bring that clown guy to trial. They will never do that unless we can unite and cause their national income to drop.

If we don't do that, and keep watching passively, we Muslims would be the joke of the western world. There are crazy and ignorant people in ever country, but when a country allows those retarded, hungry-for-publicity people, to insult whomever they like and get away with it, under the ridiculous 'free speech' claim, then its time for us Muslims to take action: BOYCOTT SWEDISH PRODUCTS.

List of Swedish companies:

* A&E design

* Asea Brown Boveri (Swedish-Swiss)

* Alfa Laval

* Akzo Nobel (Swedish-Dutch)

* Arla Foods (Swedish-Danish)

* Arla Plast

* Autoliv

* ASSA ABLOY

* AstraZeneca (Swedish-British)

* Atlas Copco (Swedish-Belgian)

* Avanza

* Axel Johnson Group

o Axel Johnson AB

o Axfood

* Bodum Group (Danish)

o Ordning & Reda

* Boliden

* Bonniers

* BRIO

* Bromma Conquip AB

* Bure Equity

* Bravida Nord

* Capgemini Sverige AB

* Cashguard

* Civitas Holding AB (owner of Vasakronan AB)

* Clas Ohlson

* Combitech Traffic Systems AB

* Coop Norden

* DeLaval

* Digital Illustions Creative Entertainment (DICE)

* Edgewall

* Elekta

* ELFA

* ENEA

* Eniro

* Ericsson

* Electrolux

* ESAB

* Fenix Outdoor

* Filippa K

* Forex

* Gambro

* Getinge

* Hästens

* Hagberg Media

* Haglöfs

* Hasselblad

* Holmen

* Handelsbanken

* Hennes & Mauritz (H&M)

* Husqvarna

* IF

* IKEA

* Industrivärden

* Ingate

* Intertex

* Investor AB

* Investment AB Kinnevik

* J. Lindeberg (JL)

* Karlshamns

* Koenigsegg Automotive AB

* Kopparbergs Brewery

* Lindex

* LKAB

* LunarWorks

* Nordea(Swedish-Finnish)

* Metro International

* Micromy

* Modern Times Group (MTG)

* MySQL AB

* Nobel Biocare (Swedish-Swiss)

* Öhlins

* OMX AB

* Panos Emporio AB

* Paradox Entertainment

* Peltarion

* Promessa Organic

* Saab

* SamLogic

* Sandvik Inc.

* Sandvik Coromant (Division of Sandvik Inc.)

* Scandinavian Airlines System (SAS)

* Securitas

* Scania

* Siba

* SJ

* Skandia

* Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken (SEB)

* Skanska

* SKF

* Södra Skogsägarna

* SSAB

* Starbreeze Studios

* Stora Enso (Swedish-Finnish)

* Sveaskog Holding AB

* Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget (SCA)

* Swedbank (FöreningsSparbanken)

* Swedish Match

* Tele2

* Telia Sonera (Swedish-Finnish)

* Tetra Pak

* Tieto Enator (Swedish-Finnish)

* Trelleborg

* Trio

* TV4

* Vattenfall

* Volvo

* Wise Group

* WM-data

* Åhléns

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/List_of_Swedish_companies"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/List_of_Swedish_companies[/url]

You can also boycott stores in your area that sell Swedish products. Believe me, this tactic works. But it needs unity from all Muslims. The stores will in no time withdraw these products and those that hang 'We sell no Swedish products in this store' will have the most sales. Its tried and tested, back at the danish cartoons time.

If you live in a non-Muslim country, with minority community, the boycotting will probably have little effect. But still, no matter how tiny the effect, you are one in a 2.6 billion Muslim community around the world. Do share in boycotting, believe me it adds up. We must have our effect in this world, otherwise we'll be crushed like flying insects.

The Ummah of Muhammad insha'Allah will prevail. We need to set an example out of the Swedish government.

Peace

in this case we should also Boycott all U.S. and UK products because their armies are killing muslims, and we know that the life of 1 single muslim is more beloved to Allah(swt) than the Kaaba! We should also boycott China because they are persecuting and killing turkestan muslims, we should also boycott Pakistani products because they accept U.S. Aid, we should also Boycott Indian products , we should also boycott every country in the world......

THe Swedish Government has no power or influence over what independent newspapers inside the country publish. If we're going to protest for anything, we should protest so that Sweden Changes its laws and somewhat restricts free speech.

Having said that, I hardly use Swedish products at all....most of the stuff is made in China Anyways :sl:

Salam

Edited by anthony19832005

Peace

I dont know about you, but Im not a big fan of punishing companies which had nothing to do with the publishing of the cartoons just because another company which happens to be based in the same country has published them.

The Qur'an , as far as Im aware says something to the effect of "No person is guilty for the crimes of another person". In my opinion, punishing innocent companies would be wrong.

Just my 2 cents.

Salam

I second Brother Dot : )

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Salaam,

To punish one for the actions of another or to punish a country for having freedom of speech seems a little crazy to me, frankly. I'm with Anthony.

When people turn it into a diplomatic incident, it shows they fundamentally do not understand the very concept of freedom of speech and a free press as it's practised in the West.

Peace and Love,

DARLA

Salam,

Darla, first of all, we have to understand that there is no such a thing as freedom of expression. With money, people can buy your freedom of expression.

Besides that, political and economic considerations can also make you lose your freedom of expression.

It is not to punish them, but to teach them.

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Salaam,

with money people may buy MORE expression but everyone has access to the right in the first place.

Given that IKEA and the newspapr have nothing to do with each other, have never influenced each other and if they did would probably be invesitgated by competition policy, do enlighten me what is to be taught! These are free market economies, we treat corporations as legal personalities because that's what they are- individual personalities. You might as well 'teach' me, therefore, because a man 5 miles away killed someone.

Peace and Love,

DARLA

Salam,

You mentioned the key word, Darla. Free market economies ...

Today, customers are king ... and remember, Muslim world is still European biggest market share in this competitive world.

Tell me, what does your government prefer, our money or your laughable and negotiable freedom of expression?

We don't punish you. Instead we teach you to be respectful of other people with our power and influence.

It's up to you, you can choose to be tolerant and understanding and at the same time avoid losses, or you may want to choose to be suffering with your demeaning, childish and insulting freedom of expression that you want to maintain ...

At the end of the day, it's about one's personality and characters ... people are what they are defending and fighting for

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Edited by Yasnov

Salaam,

My government steals money from me all the time in taxation. My judiciary uphold various HR in the face of varied opposition.

But that is besides the point. Why is the ME not buying IKEA bookcases going to teach newspaper a lesson. That you'll have to break down for me as I just don't get it.

If it is the lesson that 'you shouldn't have freedom of speech', remember, it is the same freedom of speech which allows women to wear hijab and niqaab, which allows the quran to be read and taught, which allows Masjids to be built, which allows us to debate its merits on this. Without this freedom one ends up with KSA and no religious choice at all, or DPRNK- even worse!

As for the 'well, this is just insulting and so an abuse of FOS'. Gays no doubt find many parts of the Quran insulting, I feel insulted nearly every time I come onto this forum, everyone is insulted everyday whether unintentionally or gratuitously. There are two solutions: either we ban everyone from speaking, looking and thinking or we grow thicker skins and accept that FOS has so many benefits to a society that we've got to put up with the occaisional annoyance.

Peace and Love,

DARLA

Whatever we Muslims do, we shouldn't resort to any form of violence.

slandering the prophet(pbuh) is like waging war agianst Allah!! That is why some mujahideens/muslim civlians kill them.

My government steals money from me all the time in taxation. My judiciary uphold various HR in the face of varied opposition.

You got it wrong, they didn't steal, but you gave them. If they stole it, they would be in jail by now.

But that is besides the point. Why is the ME not buying IKEA bookcases going to teach newspaper a lesson. That you'll have to break down for me as I just don't get it.

This boycott move is not made by the state nor rich ME companies or wealthy businessmen. This is an action made by the laymen at the grass root level who still have conscience.

If it is the lesson that 'you shouldn't have freedom of speech', remember, it is the same freedom of speech which allows women to wear hijab and niqaab, which allows the quran to be read and taught, which allows Masjids to be built, which allows us to debate its merits on this. Without this freedom one ends up with KSA and no religious choice at all, or DPRNK- even worse!

Your freedom of expression is negotiable, Darla. You can put someone in jail for expressing his/her opinion about holocaust and Armenian genocide denial, and the people are silent and seem to have no problem with that. And when Muslims ask them to be a little bit more tolerant, the same people suddenly froth at the mouth about the so-called freedom of expression.

Gays no doubt find many parts of the Quran insulting, I feel insulted nearly every time I come onto this forum, everyone is insulted everyday whether unintentionally or gratuitously.

I also feel insulted every time I come to FFI forum. Do I ever ask for it to be shut down? Do I ever ask the people there to shut up? Nope. I never criticize their freedom of expression.

There are two solutions: either we ban everyone from speaking, looking and thinking or we grow thicker skins and accept that FOS has so many benefits to a society that we've got to put up with the occaisional annoyance.

Here is the keyword: we tolerate you to exercise your right and freedom to insult as long as it is carried out at personal level, but if you use your national official media to harass us as an Ummah at national or international level, don't cry and whine when we teach you a lesson. I think it's fair enough ...

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Edited by Yasnov

Salaam,

I find all taxation a (sometimes necessary) theft. It's the hardcore libertarian in me.

re: Holocaust denial. I think you're a crazy anti-semetic loon if you deny it, but I will uphold your right to do so. Britain doesn't imprison people on that basis and I disagree with Germany and Austria doing the same.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be annoying, I still just don't get the IKEA-newspaper link. Explain it like you would to a three year old because my mind is still saying that if people stop buying IKEA bookcases, the newspaper still won't care. If it's practical, it won't work. If it's symbolic, it seem pointless to punish A for B's 'sins'.

I don't know what FFI is, I'm afraid, but I'll guess it enough for the point to be made.

re: 'official national media', see, here's the crux of the matter. We have free press. Unlike half the countries in the world, it's not controlled by the government. If it *is* being controlled and we don't know about it, then the government is rubbish at controlling it! Now, some countries in Europe do have an 'official government news channel' or similar. If a channel is under control of the government and says things likely to provoke a diplomatic incident, then yes, complain to that government. However, the vast majority of media sources, including the Swedish paper, aren't so controlled. You might as well complain to the Swedish government about your IKEA bookcase missing a couple of screws as about their free media.

Peace and Lvoe,

DARLA

ps: is the IKEA bookcase thing getting boring? I need a new one, that's all so it's the first piece of Swedish product that come to mind that you guys are likely to use. (Meatballs, which tend to contain pork, are number one, in case of curiosity).

Our religious tradition does not teach collective punishment.

Assalamualikum

actually it does...i will post proof tomorrow ...too tired..need sleep

Peace everyone

I'm disappointed that athony, Darla and others disagree with the boycotting move. This is not about companies. We're not punishing any of those companies. Our target is the Swedish government. Since any government is supposed to be the representative of a nation, and since that government didn't do a thing to prevent that grave insult, we must pressure that government to either correct its position, or put it under pressure from its own people to resign.

By a successful boycotting campaign, Swedish companies will lose money, some people will lose their jobs, and Swedish economy will no doubt suffer. People then would accuse their government of wrongly handling the case. The most stubborn nation on earth will still learn a lesson, even if they chose to stand by their freedom of insulting, they should pay dearly for that.

I'm sure other European countries are monitoring Muslim reaction. We must choose now: either to be crushed like flying insects, or stand up and show the world the power of a 2.6 billion nation.

peace be upon the Prophet Muhammad, our master and the best of creation. can a pebble thwart the course of an exalted ocean?

all you need to publish these cartoons is a cartoonist and an editor. the companies had nothing to do with it. the government said that it is with its muslim citizens in this one. trust me i understand the love the muslims have for the Rasool but don't bother with a boycott.

Salaam,

Dot, the Swedish government does not control the press in Sweden, that is why we (if the others do not mind me speaking for them) are against it. When Microsoft behaves badly, there is no suggestion of speaking to the US government or boycotting them to make them change their ways.

If the publication had been in a media controlled by the Swedish government I would say boycott away, but the fact is that this paper is just a business like any other.

Further, if people kick up a fuss, more people will buy the particular paper to see what it's editiorials etc are like. So not only is IKEA being punished for something it didn't do, the Swedish government being asked to apologise for something it had not control over but the one organisation that DID have control over what was published is getting a bonus in more readers, name recognition and a grant of victim status.

Out of curiosity, let us say you were on a committee of a bog standard EU country drawing up new laws on freedom of speech, where would you draw the line so it was still reasonable in a European context? If you ban all pictures of Mohammed as blasphemous, there is the easy argument that the Bible is also blasphemous to Muslims. If so say it is merely 'insulting' pictures, one has to cover the meaning of insulting. Whence the line?

Peace and Love,

DARLA

Aslamaikum

Damn it, not another one! I'm with bro Dot on this one.

I fail to see your logic Darla. I really do.

A government is responsible for enforcing the law, and making sure that no one abuses the integrity of others. If a paper insulted a lay man person, that person can easily drag the paper to court, where the editor and writer may be jailed. Thats why there are governments, courts, laws and jails.

We Muslims can and should force Sweden, and far-from-religion Europe at large, to apply new laws that put in jail any writer, editor, statesman or artist who tries to insult other people's faiths. Its amazing that they do have laws for insulting normal everyday people, as well as royal families, but none for insulting prophets.. the best of creations.

They are free to be materialistic and ignorant as they are, but should learn to respect those who are not.