Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
moosnukl

Evil Iran Bombs Kurdish Civilians

Link

Iran Bombs Kurdish Border, Drives Villagers From Homes

Saturday, September 01, 2007

MARDOW, Iraq — As explosions boomed in the distance, a Kurdish woman stood outside her house and pointed to where shells scorched parts of her father's grapes and plum orchards.

"It was a bad day when some 20 shells hit our village in a single day last week. We were crying as we prayed to God to protect us from the bombs of the Islamic Republic of Iran," said the 33-year-old Serwa Ibrahim, one of the few remaining villagers in Mardow, about 40 kilometers (25 miles) from the Iranian border.

"Despite the shelling, I will stay in my village until the end," she said Thursday.

Iranian troops have been accused of bombing border areas for weeks against suspected positions of the Free Life Party, or PEJAK, a breakaway faction of the separatist Kurdistan Workers' Party. Iran says PEJAK — which seeks autonomy for Kurds in Iran — launches attacks inside Iran from bases in Iraq.

Shelling of border areas resumed Saturday after a brief lull with Iranian shells hitting the Iraqi side of the border and causing some fires. Associated Press Television News showed white smoke billowing from mountainous areas as well as Kurdish shepherds carrying carcasses of several sheep killed by the shelling.

The footage also showed a horse that was died in the attack.

The Iranian shelling has been criticized by Iraqi officials and Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari warned it could have negative effects on the crucial relations between Iran and Iraq's Shiite-led government.

Ari Yashir, a PEJAK member, took a reporter in a tour around several deserted villages and claimed the Iranian attacks only serve to harm civilians.

"The bombing is only targeting villages where we have no bases," he said. "After three weeks of Iranian shelling none of our positions was hit and not a single member of our party was wounded."

Most of the people who fled their homes have gathered in an area known as Shewe Hasow, a valley with water springs in the Qandil Mountain area that borders Iran and Turkey. Many of them stay in tents or under covers mostly supplied by the International Committee of the Red Cross.

"We are here because the refugees are in need," said ICRC member Patrick Youssef, standing by a truck with canned food and bottled water. "We are helping them with needed stuff because most of them left their homes leaving their things behind."

The Kurdish region's interior minister, Othman Haji Mahmoud, told the Kurdish regional parliament Tuesday that the Iranian shelling led to the displacement of some 450 families in 20 villages adding that several people were wounded in addition to material damages.

He said the latest wave of shelling began Aug. 14.

Zebari said in Baghdad Tuesday that the main areas struck are in the northern provinces of Irbil and Sulaimaniyah. Iranian shelling "has been ongoing and unfortunately has become a daily or a routine practice. Recently, we summoned the Iranian ambassador and handed him a note of protest."

"PEJAK sometimes moves in border area, but this does not permit all this continuous, daily and intensive shelling," said Zebari, a Kurd, who noted that Iraq was prepared to hold negotiations with Iran on the disputes over Kurdish rebel groups.

"We hope that these attacks will stop immediately."

To some Kurds in the region, they have been living the war for decades, including widespread atrocities blamed on Saddam Hussein's regime in the 1980s.

"We are the victims of a continuous struggle. My house was destroyed five times and I rebuilt it. Let this be the sixth time," said Abdullah Wasou Ibrahim, who fled to the refugee camp with 10 family members.

PropellerAds

Well , doesn't look like there's much sympathy for the Kurds, I guess. After Darfur, this is par for the course. :sl:

May Allah help all of those who suffer. Ameen.

Salam.

120,000 or more killed by the illegal occupation terrorists , comment on that first :sl: .

maybe then we will think of discussing about kurds .

peace,

Iran *has* abused its kurds many times in the past, and was making noises about being 'concerned' over an independent kurdistan upon its borders - as it looks increasingly likely both it and turkey will now have to face their centuries old occupation of the kurdish people being cracked.

we humans can all too easily fall into the 'two state logic' position, ie someone is the smaller and weaker, and thus the 'good guy', in this case Iran v USA. But it is also important to remember that being the smaller guy towards the US does not make them justified in beating up on even smaller guys, in this case the kurds.

will we see more of this as america ramps up its attempt to justify an attack? Yes, it is in the interests of the war-mongers and their friends in the media to do so. Is it therefore not happening? Actually, it probably is, and rather than denying it we should be condemning it, it is possible to both condemn the US for its belligerence towards iran, and also iran for its belligerence towards the kurds. And the kurds for their belligerence towards minorities within their newly reformed state.

if we fail in this, we do exactly as the zionists have done, which is to claim 'poowah liddle victim' status, and then use that the justify atrocities upon others who are even weaker than them.

let us not join the zionists in that corner of hell.

the liberation of kurdistan is quite probably the only good thing that will ever come of this long-running holocaust upon iraq.

peace and love. :sl:

Salaam,

Gnuneo, aren't you somewhat concerned by some social practices which seem more predominant in Kurdish areas than, say, in the rest of Turkey? I'm particularly referring to 'honour' killings and other such attitudes and practices.

Whilst I say, yes, the Kurds aren't treated well by the Turks, this has improved over more recent years, should continue to do so and central goverment in Turkey is making louder and louder noises in regard to honour killings which will hopefully lead to a decrease. Isn't there a risk that without this influence, honour killings may increase?

Further, and I may be COMPLETELY wrong here, isn't the PKK Marxist in some form or another? On the basis of say, EVERY Marxist state in C20th I would say should they get in charge, tehre could be problems in terms of HR etc there.

None of this excuses Iran's behaviour, of course, I just questions the assumtion that Kurdistan would be a good thing for all it's citizens. For nationalistic men, maybe. Foir those who's villages are being bombed, probably (though a war is likely, IMHO, were Kurdistan to become a reality). For the 50% who are women, less so.

Peace and Love,

DARLA

Salamu Alaykum,

this news is told as " Iran killed the Kurdish terrorists" which made me feel so good, cuz they kill Turkish soldiers in East all the time, almost each day!

So thank you "evil" Iran for being "evil" to kill terrorists.

Assalamualikum

iran is NOT Islamic

so theres no point trying to think that iran is an "evil" Islamic state because its not Islamic....it might be "evil" but not Islamic

even if it is "evil", theres not much point posting it here because iran has nothing to do with what Islam says in terms of politics

Edited by SJ54

Salamu alaykum,

but Iran oppresses Iran people to be Islamic at all. Thats wrong to oppress of course but why dont we call it Islamic?

Salamu alaykum,

but Iran oppresses Iran people to be Islamic at all. Thats wrong to oppress of course but why dont we call it Islamic?

Assalamualikum

because an Islamic state does not opress, iran does, ...an Islamic state does not ally with the kuffar who kill muslims (i.e russia), iran is allied to russia.

and i dont think they follow proper Islamic law... so i dont think we can call them Islamic... oh and if you compare the laws and governance of iran to those of the Islamic courts in somalia, you will find out that iran is not Islamic..

when Islamic law was implemented briefly in somalia people were happy and were not oppressed and there all these other things... but again compare the rule of the Islamic courts in somalia to the rule of the govt. of iran

P.S the Islamic courts are no longer in power in somalia

Edited by SJ54

Salamu Alaykum,

at least Ahmedinejat ( i spelled wrong, i know) wrote a letter to Bush to come to Islam.

Umm, if you say so, we cannot call Saudi Arabia as Islamic either. Because It allied to America. :/

we cannot call Saudi Arabia as Islamic either. Because It allied to America. :/

Assalamualikum

yup...saudi arabia is not Islamic too...

their leaders are hypocrites

Assalamu alaikum

I'm Kurdish myself and I'm happy with Iran bombing terrorist kurds (israeli supported militants). Everyday our soldiers are dieing (in Turkey), by whom? by those israeli trained so called kurds (most armenian origioned)... and their beliefs are in doubtful position. Half of those militants are zerdushi rest are brain washed clowns...

I hope Turkey would enter northern Iraq for Turkey's safety and Turkmens' safety (in northern iraq).

Im muslim and i do not want chaos in my country, i dont want my country to be devided, there is no such kurdish-turkish problem in Turkey. May Allah protect muslim lands.

There was no such place called Kurdistan, and there would not be in the future.

When i look at replies, ones who backs up the terrorist kurds, are non-muslim.

Is this something that we gotto think twice about? may be ....

Is it because they are american-israel supported? most probably...

Salamu Alaykum,

good answers Mehmet. :sl:

There was no such place called Kurdistan, and there would not be in the future.

Assalamualikum

that can also be applied to turkey as the lands of turkey and the kurds belong to Islam and the muslims...

i agree i dont like what the kurds are doing and i dont like what the turks are doing..

just a reminder, our allegiance is to Islam and not to turkey or any other country..

Edited by SJ54

Iran also bombed the Kurds during the Iran-Iraq war but blamed it on Saddam. Latet it was revealed that the bomb used belonged to Iran...

i dont like what the turks are doing..

Salamu alaykum,

what? What dont you like about Turks doing? We just kill terrorists not innocents..I had Kurdish friends in school in the past and we were really good together, i mean Turks and Kurds are equal.

Salamu alaykum,

what? What dont you like about Turks doing? We just kill terrorists not innocents..I had Kurdish friends in school in the past and we were really good together, i mean Turks and Kurds are equal.

:sl: deli senin sevgilin kurdish zaten

Assalamualikum

yup...saudi arabia is not Islamic too...

their leaders are hypocrites

waalaikumsalam

i aggree 100%

saudi and iran are not Islamic at all ...

one governed by king law another with molla law..

they cannot represent Islamic Law (shariah)

wassalam

what? What dont you like about Turks doing?

Assalamualikum

i dont like turkey in general... i mean its a secular country..hijab is banned in turkey..they are just like all those other loser muslim countries.

Assalamualikum

i dont like turkey in general... i mean its a secular country..hijab is banned in turkey..they are just like all those other loser muslim countries.

Wa alaikumsalam

Im not suprised at all about your reply akhi, even though i would want to see an answer which is not classic as this. I believe inshallah it will all be good in short while. Another thing, I wouldnt make much comment on Turkey without visiting personally. What most knows about Turkey is mustafa kemal and hijab ban in education (since 8 years). Things are not easy to overcome in Turkey, because of the secularists even though they are only 30% of the country. But things are getting better, we'll see many positive changes inshallah very soon. Dua for all muslims inshallah....

Edited by Mehmet_UK

Assalamualikum

yes brother...when i said i dont like turkey i meant i dont like their ruling elite or their laws and constitution but i love the muslims for the sake of Allah....after all the land of turkey belongs to me too since its an Islamic land which belongs to all the muslims and Islam

Edited by SJ54

Assalamualikum

iran is NOT Islamic

so theres no point trying to think that iran is an "evil" Islamic state because its not Islamic....it might be "evil" but not Islamic

even if it is "evil", theres not much point posting it here because iran has nothing to do with what Islam says in terms of politics

Salam alikum

Good point indeed