Islamic Forum
salma888

What Do You Think About Muslim Matrimonial Sites?

There are a lot of matrimonial and especially Muslim matrimonial sites working now and million of people have made profiles on them. I don't know if these people are sincerely looking for a partner or only passing time. What is your opinion about these sites? Should we go for them? What are your tips to be successful on these sites if you are experienced in this field?

PropellerAds

Assalamualikum

i have actually never been on sites like these.. and i personally dont like them..

you never know whos behind a computer screen

....but i dont know how these sites work, so cant say....

Assalam o alekum

i haven't visited any of these sites eather, but i can immagine how they work

i think no site can guarantee that the person whom you are talking to has sincere and honest intentions or not(there's no guarantee in real life eather)

there might be crazy perverts :sl: looking for unimmaginably disgusting things and hiding behind the fact of being muslims

you could also find honest people :sl: who have no other possibilty of looking for a life partener due to not living in muslim communities

no matter by what mean you are looking for a spouse you always take a chance and have to risk

but never should we forget to be very attentive and ask for the help of Allah for any decision we might take

may Allah bless you brothers and sisters and make the search easy for you all

:j:

This still applies,even on those kind of sites. :sl:

The guidance of Allah(swt) is the best guidance so I feel doing Istikhara prayer is the best way to decide when choosing a future propective spouse.

Afterall Allah knows best and we do not.Allah has infinite wisdom and we have finite wisdom.Allah is the best of planners.

:sl:

There are a lot of matrimonial and especially Muslim matrimonial sites working now and million of people have made profiles on them. I don't know if these people are sincerely looking for a partner or only passing time. What is your opinion about these sites? Should we go for them? What are your tips to be successful on these sites if you are experienced in this field?

I think they are just another method of choosing a spouse, and if done correctly there is nothing to say it is against the teachings of Islam.

salaam

Although I haven't been on one for the respect of my family's beliefs relating to their culture. However I know how one of those sites works. As I helped my very close friend to sign up and look for a spouse from her experience it was obvious to recognise those with bad intention after a cleverly testing them in her own ways. However she said that there were a lot of kind and respectful people. she also says that she would advice girls with a different culture from her 's, to view those kind of sites as in some cultures most of the getting to know each other is done between the parents who usually also relay on the words of others and little time is usually given the two to be married. Most of all you never really get to truly follow your requirement is just depends on who knocks on your door. So maybe it was the best way for it done like this back in country of the culture, and at the time were females didn't really have much requirements expect judging in terms of family or money or sometime "is he literate". But in nowadays what works is how much do they practice the deen, what kind of life style your looking for, what type of occupation ,and some times in nowadays some girls have an age limit where I sometime personally find it a little bizarre. I very much kind of agreed with her in some ways but what I can't agree with is finding a spouse for yourself on your own with the help of those sites, Without your parents been with you and that the end pretending your proposal to your parents was a result of just the knock on the door, I mean wouldn't you be guilty of lying to parents about a such a life changing event, and if God forbid a divorce or any of such kind happens to you wouldn't you blame yourself for not doing it the way your parents would have wanted you.

So to be realistic our Muslim world is spilt in half in some places match making and fathers looking for a spouse for own daughter is their culture and is some places is so much frowned at never mind frowned at it's known as cheap and disgusting, a father can only look for and ask around for his sons only. Whereas for girls they'll have to keep waiting for the good knock at their doors and if it doesn't happen well to bad. But as Muslims we shouldn't say this is right that wrong because both have the same results and most of all it doesn't matter because at the end of day marriage is down to naseeb is from Allah. if Allah has written for you to be married then despite of everything you'll be married if not then is just qadir, Allah knows the best for you. So best thing is just to follow the way that pleases your parents in order to please Allah then your heart.

I know am of topic but that's my belief when it comes to those sites however I'd say we have no capability of judging other's sincereness but can only try and relay on our brains to test people and catch them out. Best advice is to place your emotions to a side, as it can let you down, always never trust anyone at first hand. When I helped my friend we came up with lots of ideas about what could bad people be after I mean in her situation. I helped her to recheck and go over things. So best advice from me is get someone you can trust first of all, secondly some that knows you reaaallllllllllllllly well I mean your character the good and the bad side of it.

waa ma salaama