Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dot

New Muslim Faq

Assalamo alaikum

Edit: the new Muslim FAQ are now here: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=42825"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=42825[/url]

CONGRATULATIONS! to all the brothers and sisters who have made the best choice ever by reverting to the ultimate truth and the complete way of life: Islam.

This topic tries to answer new Muslims' frequently asked questions. If you have questions not found here, feel free to post them and insha'Allah we'll add them to this list of FAQ. We also invite Muslims with good knowledge to add any number of Q&A to this list. Please post only basic questions, and give simple, short and easy answers. And please correct me and others whenever you find any wrong info given below.

We hope that new Muslims find this topic informative and easy to understand.

PropellerAds

:j:

A great idea uncle dot. :D

:D for bringing it up.I'd be glad to share some of my knowledge here with other members :no: :sl:

Ok here goes.

18.What is the meaning of Islam ?

A. Islam means i.e. submission to Allah with Tawhid

19. What is Iman?

A. Iman (Faith) means to believe in the heart, to confess by the tongue and to act with the parts of the body.

20. Can there be any variation in Iman?

A. By some words and deeds it may increase and by some words and deeds it may decrease.

21.What do you mean by increase and decrease in Iman?

A- Iman (Faith) increases by obedience to Allah and good deeds while it decreases by sins and evil acts.

22. What are the pillars of Iman (Faith)

A. The pillars of Iman are six i.e. to believe in:

1. Allah.

2. His Angels.

3. His Messengers.

4. His Books.

5. The Last Day.

6. Divine Preordainments good or bad.

:sl:

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

That's very good brother, but what we need here is first simple questions. Imagine yourself just returning from the Masjid after saying your shahadah. You have millions of questions and you're confused..saying.. 'what do I do now?..' so what we need is to tackle the basics and the practical steps. Everything else can be covered and read about later.

Good point. :j:

:sl: here goes.

Q.1-What are the 5 pillars of Islam?

A.1-

SHAHADAH. This Pillar is believing and saying the words. “There is no god except Allah, Muhammad is the messenger of Allah”.

SALAH. This Pillar is praying five times a day. There are set prayers which Muslims should say, and all Muslims should face Mecca in Arabia when praying, and should pray on a prayer mat. People should wash before they pray. There are fixed movements, which include kneeling with the forehead placed on the ground in front. This expresses the servant status of the human being in relation to Allah.

ZAKAH. Each year, Muslims are supposed to give a fixed proportion of their savings for endeavours such as helping the poor. In this way, they believe that their wealth is “made pure”

FAST- Refraining from food and drink during the month of Ramadan during daylight hours.

HAJJ. This is making a pilgrimage to Mecca at least once in your life, if it can be afforded.[/b]

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

Q.2.What is Islam?

A.2.Islam is both a religion and a complete way of life. Muslims follow a religion of peace, mercy, and forgiveness.

Q.3.Who are Muslims?

A.3. One billion people form a vast range of races, nationalities and cultures across the globe, from the southern Philippines to Nigeria, are united by their common Islamic faith.

Q.4.Who is your Rubb? (the Lord,the Creator etc).

A.4. My Rubb is Allah Who has created me and all that exists. He nourishes me and all creatures by His Bounties.

Q.5 What is your religion?

A.5 My religion is Islam, which is submission and obedience to the Order oF Allah and His Messenger with love, hope and fear.

Q.6 How did you know Allah?

A.6.I know Him by His signs and creation like the day and night; the sun and the moon; the heaven and the earth, and all that is there in and between them.

Q.7. Where is Allah?

A.7. Allah is above the heavens raised over the Throne and separated from His creatures.

Q.8. Is Allah with us (in person)?

A.8. Allah is settled over His Mighty Throne, but He is with us by His Knowledge, hearing ,seeing and other attributes. As He said: "Fear not verily! I am with you both hearing and seeing (V,20. :46)

Q.9. Who are the friends of Allah?

A.9. Those people are the friends of Allah who are pious and righteous, fear Him much abstain from all kinds of sins and perform all kinds of goods, and holdfast to the Qur`an and Sunnah.

Q.10. How do you worship Allah?

A.11. I worship Allah in a manner in which all my ibadah is dedicated to Him Alone. I do not ascribe anyone with Him in worship.

Q-12 Why did Allah send Messengers?

A.12. Allah has sent Messengers so that they call the people to worship Him Alone, not ascribing any partner with Him, and in order that mankind should have no plea against Allah.

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed