Islamic Forum
Princess Mujahada

Do You Use Swear/cuss Words And Other Inappropriate Ones?

Do you?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. ????

• Yes I swear all the time. Half the words out of my mouth are swear words.
    • Yes I do swear a lot.
    • I'm in between.
    • I only use swear words at appropriate times with the true meanings.
    • I never use them!
    • I don't use swear words but I use other bad words.
    • other

:sl:

Abud-Darda (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet :j: said, "Nothing will be heavier on the Day of Resurrection in the Scale of the believer than good manners. Allah hates one who utters foul or coarse language.''[using large font size is not allowed]

[At-Tirmidhi].

Can a Mod make this poll only? Remember brothers and sisters. You don't need to tell whether you use them or not here (you should conceal your sins!) just keep it to yourself and try and improve and change if you are doing wrong.

Allahu alam

PropellerAds

:j: for sharing. :no:

Just something to think about peeps:

The tongue that reads Quran should never be the same tongue that swears. :D

Indeed character weighs the most on day of judgement.

May Allah forgive our sins and shower immense blessings upon the Prophet(pbuh),ameen.

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

I swear sometimes, I say s***, cr**, and the A word but the others I rarely use.

Edited by Tash

Salaams, i do swear sometimes but its just like stupid, idiot ect. they are still bad i know. :j: But this ramadan i wont swear especially in fasting hours. :sl: :sl:

Thanks for puttnig such a poll here sis mujahada, sometimes we need to take a look at ourselves.

Unfortunately, but not when I'm in control. Anger, injustice and pure arrogance pushes me. But when I have a glimpse of rationality I would lightly bite my tongue, forcing it to not utter a thing, making me keep those words to myself. I would love to overwrite those words with words that praise Allah, but it's really difficult to control actions on a whim. It also helps knowing that every time you restrain your anger you gain more wives in Jannah :j:. That usually works for me :sl: [we all have our incentives :sl:].

Mu'adh bin Anas narrates that Rasulullah said,

"He who swallows his anger despite being able to

express it, Allah will call him in front of the entire

creation and allow him to choose whichever hur he

desires."

Abud-Darda (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet :sl: said, "Nothing will be heavier on the Day of Resurrection in the Scale of the believer than good manners. Allah hates one who utters foul or coarse language.''[using large font size is not allowed]

[At-Tirmidhi]

In that case, God hates just about everyone on this planet.

Perhaps you ought to refer to an alternate translation along with some scholarly tafsir?

In the Qur'an, Allah (subhanahu wa ta aala) never once says He hates His sinful servant. You can bet your burka on that!

As ever,

Averroes

The greatest human who ever lived said '' true strength is not to go about hitting people, but rather those who can control them selves at the moments of anger'' my my what a nice piece of advice from the very person who spoke to god. Back in the good old days when Islam was young and pure, the Arabs had a few celebrities who became famous Through our the tribes and entire peninsula for having one treat and that’s patience, I have read a book about the prophets friends peace be upon them all, it said: that man ordered one of his slave women to fetch him some hot water, so as she came with the bucket of hot water she tripped over some thing and fell spilling the hot water over this man's new born child, killing him Instantly, what would any of us do? In an age where salves are treated poorly most people would either kill that slave or beat her to death, but that great man who lived with our beloved prophet didn’t speak a word of vengeance to that slave girl as he stood up and walked out of that place silently. He could have done many things but he didn’t because he knew what the prophet told him and his friends about anger, and what a dreadful thing it is.

About using foul language, I recall reading in a hadith book that one of beloved prophet's friends asking him ''' are we judged for what we say?'' as his holiness replied '' may your mother miss you (which is a figure of speech used back then, or so I think I might be mistaken) most people fall into hell because of their tongues (meaning because of what they say)'' also our divine god creator of all told us not to say foul things.

In that case, God hates just about everyone on this planet.

Perhaps you ought to refer to an alternate translation along with some scholarly tafsir?

In the Qur'an, Allah (subhanahu wa ta aala) never once says He hates His sinful servant. You can bet your burka on that!

As ever,

Averroes

Who are you to decide who the grand lord of all hates or loves, your words are disrespectful to god! He is the most merciful and most understanding of all of his creations, he feeds us and we insult him every day, he covers our bodies and we disobey him every minute. But I suppose this is to much for none believes to comprehend.

:no:

Yes I do swear.

I try to stop myself but now and again when I'm not fully concentrating or feel stressed or down I will utter a word or two in anger or otherwise.

But these posts on this topic brings warmth to my heart and inshallah we can all benefit from them and do right.

Ok, not trying to be funny, but do these fall into the same category:

Oh shoot!

What the bananas! or I don't give a banana's about... and so on???

or using sentences with the phrase "fill in the blank" or just saying the word "beep" instead.

What is a swear word in one state or country, may just be an ordinary word in another version of English or for that matter a whole other language. So is this question based on what could be a swear word anywhere (based on our personal knowledge) or just what would locally or in all the languages we known be considered one? Or do you mean just as long as it is an universal swear word?

Rasul (sws) once passed by some women while going to the place for Eid prayers one Eid day, and he said: “O women! Make sacrifices* because I have often beheld you as of Hell.†The women stated: “O Prophet of Almighty God (may God bless and grant peace to him and his people)! Why is this?†He stated, “Because you curse a lot and are ungrateful.†(Sahih Bukhari no. 304, volume 1, book 90.)

(*give sadaqa)

By the way, I really like what brother Aaqib Ahmad said about this issue. May Allah protect us from all sins, especially those committed by the tongue, ameen.

Assalaam Alaikum!

Jazakallahu Kheirun for creating this polll! I never use any swearing or cursing words Alhamdulillah though everyone arounds me uses it like it a joke! I try so hard to correct them but everytime I am told to 'relax'. I am also told that its a norm, everybody uses it! I remember so clearly in Quran where it says that "if you follow the majority of the poeple, then you'll indeed be misguided". I can't lookup the exact location in Quran ..... but I'll look it up and try to post the reference. Anybody here who knows which verse I am talking about and its reference?

No can't use swear words and people who use cuss words alot as if it is cool disturb me to say the least.

I don't swear but sometimes when something sudden happens that annoys me I don't think and accidently swear but I have been controlling myself quiet a bit now.. Just thinking twice before talking!

:no:

By the way, I really like what brother Aaqib Ahmad said about this issue. May Allah protect us from all sins, especially those committed by the tongue, ameen

Ameen and :D sis. :D

Silence is virtue,we should speak good or keep silent :j:. :sl:

Assalamu alaikum, Swear words and cussing, Oh Yes has become one of the most accepted thing these days,

I cuss a lot.

Your not the only one, 5 years ago when I was visiting India, I was surprised to see even little girls in my own family using the S--- word among other swear words with such ease, it was disgusting. Swearing has become part of the vocabulary not just among youngsters but among kids even toddlers and older people Astaghfirullah.

I hope that you leave your habit and concentrate on better things inshaAllah.

Salaams.

ASA

no way nerver not in my life :sl:

You know when ever i see the news and what goes on in Muslim countries and how innocent women men children are killed it angers me so much that i call a spade a spade i call it [email protected]#$

and when george bush is speaking and condoning whats going on in Muslim lands im like look at this f[at]!$%&* idiot these are only times i really curse. I mean really curse :sl: :no: Other than that ive curbed my tounge

Salam,

I do curse quite a bit, I know I shouldnt.

Mostly when I driving.. but in my defence most ppl really dont know how to drive.

Woman esp :sl:

Assalamu alaikum, Br. Luqman, careful what you say LOL. this topic could take a turn and you might get in deep trouble.

sorry no one is allowed to swear or curse in any condition, specially when driving, because you could get High blood pressure and what not.

Joking aside, I remember my Grandmother (May Allah bless her with Firdaus, ameen), whenever she was upset at anyone, she would say "May Allah Taala show you the light. I once questioned her as to why she says that when she is angry at someone, and the sweet lady replied "when a person is angry their emotions are at a peak, at that time instead of cursing the person, if you make a duaa for their Hidayaah, then inshaAllah it will be a Win Win situation. OH THE WISDOM OF OUR ELDERS, SUBHANALLAH.

Assalamu Alaikum.

^^ that's so true! When we're hurt, upset or angry we blurt out nonsense most of the time, when I was little my teacher told us whenever we're upset we should just say astaghfirullah..so thanks to her its become a habit.

also, I tend to substitute bad words with random made up words..but its just as bad I think lol

Salam,

I think swearing has become a trend. For example, if you are in a group of friends and everyone swears, you might do the same to be part of the group. Once swearing has become common or accepted, you won't feel awkward to swear.

I try not to swear but my tongue slips on it. (Astagafirullah)

I am doing better though. Before Islam I had a very dirty mouth, but now I am getting better and am able to control my anger and words thank God.

well

i kinda use them all the time when i am pretty upset i even use t infront of my family

well

i kinda use them all the time when i am pretty upset i even use t infront of my family

You should see the P.M. she just sent me !! The 'F' bombs just flow from this little girl !! She's mad at me because I won't convert. :sl: