Islamic Forum
alsheeba

Happy & Comfort ( Os )

Operating Systems ( did you know about the rest ? before deciding )  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which Operating System you like ? and why ?

• Windows XP
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows 98
    • Linux ( PClinuxOS )
    • Linux ( Freebsd )
    • Linux ( Linspire )
    • Linux ( debian )
    • Linux ( Ubuntu )
    • Linux ( Fedora )
    • Linux ( openSuSE )

:sl:

if no one knows what im talking about , heres a fresh summary , ( operating systems are the thing u use to use ur computer to explore and play with ur files right click every we're t hat what it is hehe )

so if u like windows and know only windows then i believe ur closed minded to this subject , but ya you must learn something easy , however ,... thats the market system, now lets talk about what is good for us ... example

theyr is people who dont listen to music but listen to anasheed , ( btw is anasheed ok in ramadan ? )

and , who dont play games ... butalittle maybe.

and who dont like hackers and viruses , whats the choice of this simple interface that we r lookin for ?

its when useing linux , its similar i say i repeat , like Mac Apple computers but with more options , and some Linux Operating Systems ( distro's ) have better features , fasters and less complicated then apple , and some say Maybe easier then Windows for some1 whos noot closed minded :sl: .

in my opinion for distro's ( operating Systems ) with linux i love , but i didnt try them to be truth full , ive seen videos in Youtube , which demonstrates fedora ,and compiz , redhat , linspire ect...

but i tried freespire ( btw linspire is the only one in the list above from the linux distro's that you must pay )

the rest of the operating systems ( distro's ) for LINUX is free !!!! :) some come with live cd inside , it means u can test the distro before installing hehe :D , it has this way to save as a temp , after reboot temp's gone , well enough with this no need to give u a headache , b ut try out freespire which Linspire provides for people who want to see :j: i tried it , but yet not impressed , the only thing that impressed me is CNR program inside linspire, which provides maybe everything linux has to offer in a program that retrieves the list of softwares programs ect... amazingly easy for 1st time user that dont know how to use windows also , , but other distros , has something similar which you get the files manually and its free :no: hehe maybe takes effort but not alot with linux sites :D and some distros are more stabled in some parts and some in other parts .

windows if u keep that OS for 2 months the computer might crash or something , with linux it will not , but maybe it can if theyr is power problem for electricity or hardware update for reboot and thats it.

linux is stabled in some parts it means the unstabled parts is maybe and some say better then windows :D hehe lets see.

now im going to test Debian , Ubuntu and Fedora

wish me luck

but as for Linux Distros i recommend rather then Microsoft .

Microsoft Operating System's 4/10 if vista is fast il say 8/10 but its slow

Linux distro's ( operating Systems ) 8/10 at them moment :D maybe 10 in the future.

vista is slow in slow computers and 50/50 in fast computers

linux distros is fast in slow computers and extra fast like something new to computer like its like japans technology in ur hands on Fast computers lool :D

Edited by alsheeba

PropellerAds

Mashallah!!!!

again , i tried fedora and Ubuntu amazingly better then freespire , because it is like linspire however diffrent interface its hard to make people understand what distro is , its not like comparing Win 98 with WinXP no its like comparing Window XP with Door XP , so yes Linux Distro's are diffrent from each other but all has same meaning like windows same meaning .

Ubuntu is amazing about 200mb u put that in a cd and u install it , puts the most important top softwares in , when wanting more just press start add programs then a list will be refreshed from the internet , u can choose by popularity , they got all u can imagine !! buttt if u have a software in windows that is not in linux , then you get a program called Virtual Machine or Wine , its similar to parallel for mac users , it makes windows programs to run in Linux Distro's :j:

last but not least , this is a small demonstration of Linux Ubuntu INTERFACE!! i repeat INTERFACE

not the whole understanding but the simple need's to UNDERSTAND .

btw this video here talks about the meaning of ubuntu

"respect , helpfulness ,sharing ,community ,caring ,trust ,unselfishness

this is the spirit of ubuntu"

well here's the link to see the definision of it not the interface :sl: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_youtube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=ODQ4WiDsEBQ"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_youtube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=ODQ4WiDsEBQ[/url]

---

Link 1 ( interface ) (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_youtube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=3UZIwtHw99E"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_youtube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=3UZIwtHw99E[/url]

and this is a link if u like to see how the Ubuntu Beryl looks like its a beta version , but hey if u like style and rain in ur screen :sl: yes RAIN.

--

Link 2 (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_youtube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=YKEcz_OTTBk"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_youtube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=YKEcz_OTTBk[/url]

i think beryl you will love because of its call effeects and featuers however its beta remmember!

last comments i found in linux site a msg for windows microsoft lol

"Microsoft can go format themselves"

I really like the look of Windows Vista, though I currently have XP Home. I made sure than when I built my PC that it could run all editions of Windows Vista when it was released. When it was released I found out it's little secrets; certain softwares won't work under the new OS. I'll have to give up Nero 6, Adobe Photoshop Elements and Adobe Premier Elements. I'm not willing to part with them, nor am I willing to spend hundreds on their newer counterparts [waste of money]. I could dual boot XP and Vista, but that's just a hassle and a waste of space for the use of three softwares. For now XP will suffice. I use to play games on my PC, but ever since I ungraded my monitor, game over. The video card can't handle the new resolution when gaming without locking up or having teeth grinding frame rates. The simplicity of Linux is starting to seem very appealing now.

I've heard good things about Linux, but I'm not sure if it will work for me. For a MS user, Linux is a taboo. As for Apple, that's like committing shirk lol.

Question: Does XP drivers work under Ubuntu? [My motherboard manufacturer has no Linux drivers]

Assalamua laikum

i'm of those narrow minded ppl who only knows of Window, so i could only speak of which window i prefer. we always had windows XP so i've always been working under that. however we recently purchased a dell pc and embedded was a windows Vista. and i do agree with A-H a, it does have a beautiful look to it but it doesnt cut it for me. gosh i want my Microsoft word back. i was taking an online class this summer and i coudnt attach my work nor open other's work, it was chaos...and adobe photoshop, geez i love that program and it aint there. and there just soo many restriction, i mean i love the safety aspect of it, but its just drives me crazy sometimes.....so technicality wise i prefer XP.

BTW: is there a way to get rid of the window's microsoft works and substituted it with M-word?

Thanks.

wsalam

Edited by ruwayda04

Definitely. My old COMPAQ came with MS Works [6.0], I was able to remove it and install Office 2003 easily. I find it weird that Work's Word program doesn't support Word [Office edition]. They basically look almost identical. But definitely you can swap it out for Word. You don't even need to uninstall MS Works from your PC. Works and Word [Office edition] can coexist and run simultaneously without interference from either of them.

Assalamu alaikum

but wont it like crowd/junk the computer and take up space if they're both installed....i really wanna preserve the hardware as long as possible so i'm very cautious abt downloading to many and stuff....btw where do you get the M-Word Office edition? i mean is there a site you could download from it, or the program needs to be purchased?

thanks.

btw the ubuntu Beryl youtub vid was nice.......u could loads of things with da screen it almost overwhelming.

It's all up to you :sl: . I just felt that you may want to keep the software because of it's one-click projects [That's one thing I liked about it].

You can get a trial, but only if it's a suite. For example, Professional Edition, Home and Student Edition, or Standard Edition. Prices vary by license and the programs included. (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmicrosoft(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/products/info/default.aspx?view=22&pcid=9d273393-92c9-4807-be9c-515a0d152415"]Click[/url] [Look under Office]

I would recommend Home and Student Edition for the pure and simple fact that it's the cheapest suite. Though, you'll only get a license to use it for non commercial use. The suite comes with Word, PowerPoint, OneNote and Excel. For $150. (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_us1.trymicrosoftoffice(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/product.aspx?sku=3082920&section_id=211&culture=en-UStabs"]Click[/url] [Direct from Microsoft]

If you're all right with shopping online, may I recommend getting it from newegg(contact admin if its a beneficial link)? It's $125 + $5.00 for shipping. I've been shopping with them for years; they always deliver in a timely manor. (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetnewegg(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116135"]Click[/url]

Amazon(contact admin if its a beneficial link) is another good site that I've been shopping at for years. Usually the price is the same as neweggs, but currently they have the lowest price at $120. (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetamazon(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Microsoft-Office-Home-Student-2007/dp/B000HCZ8EO/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-7450388-7838244?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1189743447&sr=8-1"]Click[/url]

You can also get Microsoft Word alone which is only available with a commercial license for a whopping $197. (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetamazon(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Microsoft-059-05468-Word-2007/dp/B000HCZ8GW/ref=pd_bbs_9/103-7450388-7838244?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1189744022&sr=8-9"]Click[/url]/(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetnewegg(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116092"]Click [/url][i doubt you would want that]

Sorry for the long post; I just felt that it would be better if I gave you some options.

I love Windows XP. There's nothing about it I don't like. It's easy to work with and that's my top priority. When I tried mac I was having a hard time doing basic things, maybe cuz I wasn't used to it but still, I just didn't like the feel of it. XP is clear, simple, and easy. A lot of useful programs run on XP. So it's definitely my "happy and comfort." :j:

I downloaded both the 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Ubuntu to see if I could get a preview of the OS by booting into it by burning the .iso to a CD. Heres how it went: the 64-bit edition got a Kernel error at 57% and the 32-bit edition got a Kernel error at 100%. So, to put it into perspective, it doesn't work when booting from a CD [for me at least].

For those of you who want to install Ubuntu, but don't want to partition your HD, watch this (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_reviews.cnet(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/4660-10165_7-6757316.html?tag=vid.1"]video[/url]. [i haven't tried this]

ok The video of UbuntU was nice right? sure thing u didnt know what it was

its not the effects but like now forexample its raining while im typing this post.

so later tommorow it will be snowing :sl:

and yes background changes so u never alone =p will in a diffrent kind of way.

and software that comes with UbuntU linux are in packages and if u like to have much free space u can get them Singly by doing the search its all through a technology called Synaptic .

ok with LinSpire they have a better simple technology with more stuff its called CNR , never mind it , thats the only thing good in linspire

but im now trying to make sides

however

UbuntU has all the things in Synaptic for free , help is free in IRC 24/7 and UbuntU forums for questions maybe answered within 4days max .

many people are into it now , many windows users too , theyr is no conflict =)

u want MS word theyr is a Similar program when u save anything it can be run in both O-Systems

Photoshop theyr is a similar ) btw ( the program in linux is better then photoshop :sl: .

msn realplayer opera winzip yes everything , not all have alternatives , about 20 - 40 % you can have in linux , like realplayer in the site u can download a linux version , and opera and Winzip .. ect..

The only problem with Linux isthe Simple interface , it means the work u do to get the files through synaptic , its not alot of work but u need to go by categories its all easy trust me , its the reading and understanding is a problem.

and 2nd problem is to have drivers consisting hardwares with latest patches / driver / and configuration , yes soon they will have them figured out to be something more special then windows because linux Distribution was special and will reach that soon

, although right now everything is stated on stable driver release which conlcudes all hardware types.

soon ubuntu will reachmarket place i believe then it might not be free lo ; )

Edited by alsheeba

It's all up to you :sl: . I just felt that you may want to keep the software because of it's one-click projects [That's one thing I liked about it].

You can get a trial, but only if it's a suite. For example, Professional Edition, Home and Student Edition, or Standard Edition. Prices vary by license and the programs included. (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmicrosoft(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/products/info/default.aspx?view=22&pcid=9d273393-92c9-4807-be9c-515a0d152415"]Click[/url] [Look under Office]

I would recommend Home and Student Edition for the pure and simple fact that it's the cheapest suite. Though, you'll only get a license to use it for non commercial use. The suite comes with Word, PowerPoint, OneNote and Excel. For $150. (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_us1.trymicrosoftoffice(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/product.aspx?sku=3082920&section_id=211&culture=en-UStabs"]Click[/url] [Direct from Microsoft]

If you're all right with shopping online, may I recommend getting it from newegg(contact admin if its a beneficial link)? It's $125 + $5.00 for shipping. I've been shopping with them for years; they always deliver in a timely manor. (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetnewegg(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116135"]Click[/url]

Amazon(contact admin if its a beneficial link) is another good site that I've been shopping at for years. Usually the price is the same as neweggs, but currently they have the lowest price at $120. (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetamazon(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Microsoft-Office-Home-Student-2007/dp/B000HCZ8EO/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-7450388-7838244?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1189743447&sr=8-1"]Click[/url]

You can also get Microsoft Word alone which is only available with a commercial license for a whopping $197. (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetamazon(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Microsoft-059-05468-Word-2007/dp/B000HCZ8GW/ref=pd_bbs_9/103-7450388-7838244?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1189744022&sr=8-9"]Click[/url]/(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetnewegg(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116092"]Click [/url][i doubt you would want that]

Sorry for the long post; I just felt that it would be better if I gave you some options.

Assalamu alaikum

Jazakallah khairan bro, inshallah would look into those options.

wsalam

ok The video of UbuntU was nice right? sure thing u didnt know what it was

its not the effects but like now forexample its raining while im typing this post.

so later tommorow it will be snowing :sl:

and yes background changes so u never alone =p will in a diffrent kind of way.

and software that comes with UbuntU linux are in packages and if u like to have much free space u can get them Singly by doing the search its all through a technology called Synaptic .

ok with LinSpire they have a better simple technology with more stuff its called CNR , never mind it , thats the only thing good in linspire

but im now trying to make sides

however

UbuntU has all the things in Synaptic for free , help is free in IRC 24/7 and UbuntU forums for questions maybe answered within 4days max .

many people are into it now , many windows users too , theyr is no conflict =)

u want MS word theyr is a Similar program when u save anything it can be run in both O-Systems

Photoshop theyr is a similar ) btw ( the program in linux is better then photoshop :sl: .

msn realplayer opera winzip yes everything , not all have alternatives , about 20 - 40 % you can have in linux , like realplayer in the site u can download a linux version , and opera and Winzip .. ect..

The only problem with Linux isthe Simple interface , it means the work u do to get the files through synaptic , its not alot of work but u need to go by categories its all easy trust me , its the reading and understanding is a problem.

and 2nd problem is to have drivers consisting hardwares with latest patches / driver / and configuration , yes soon they will have them figured out to be something more special then windows because linux Distribution was special and will reach that soon

, although right now everything is stated on stable driver release which conlcudes all hardware types.

soon ubuntu will reachmarket place i believe then it might not be free lo ; )

OK GREAT NEWS

UbuntU 7.10 Gutsy will be out in 10 - 20 Days

Interface use feel exactly like Windows

just a quick run through :-

The diffrence is .

you will not get infected by a virus easily>!!!!! Remember . windows is easily infected

You will feel 8 times faster then any Core system running operating system .

more with amazing properties and options controls lie within ur hands.

Compiz = The new generation of System Entertainment ( snowing background while ur in msn chating ) ..ect...

security passwords and privacy never got better =) Linux is the best for this.

you can Run UbuntU with gnome or kde

now you have a choice to feel like UbuntU ( gnome ) similar to linux but more eyecandy

and the other choice is to feel UbuntU ( KDE ) similar & BETTER then windows .

if you want to feel linux then dont get ubuntu get redhat or SuSe but that i dont recommend , because its hard to use loooool. unless some people love typing in commands all the time.

UbuntU promises ( everything you want )

-------------------------

btw i can still run windows through ubuntu by dualbooting

and i can run windows throught a virtualbox in UbuntU

and i can still run App's and Programs of windows through UbuntU's win~Executer

=D

its free =)

8x powerful then windows in security and the system life style.

benchmark % of power ,

pentium4 ( 2.2GHZ / 2200Mhz ) | 256MB DDR2 RAM | 64MB Gfx Card

[Windows] (( XP ))

80% benchmark ( v.Good )

---

[Windows] (( Vista ))

53% Benchmark ( ok ) , still problems with freezings and Dual-technology is unstable lags

===========

[Linux] (( Ubuntu )) gutsy release.

88% benchmark on Gnome ( Excellent ) full analysis report for human needs

80% benchmark on KDE + Gnome ( v.Good )

98% bechmarking on Xfce ( !!!!!!!! ) this is hard to use but Fast unbelievably FAST!!

====

when compiz is enabled each falls about 4 - 16% because compiz is still beta , and many dont like to use effects and visuals like snow on the screen , they rather use compiz on Low Sequence which only the important things are enabled thats about 2 - 8 % down.

P.S once compiz is completed into a full release thats when its 4 times faster =) .

===

xfce is a lighter system of Gnome & Kde a stripped version.

its a thin-client networks, which is mainly used by clients who think they are faster then a System but never with Xfce

and also its for those who would like to get more performance out of their hardware .

ubuntu 7.10 going to be out in 4 days

you are not allowed to post links yetubuntu(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

when u get it remember on the logging screen click Options

you can change session , and it doesnt mean like u think it means but no it means another perspective when it comes with linux,

Sesions ~ : Gnome , KDE

Gnome = Linux Easy Eye candy interface 91% similar to MAC OS X

KDE = Windows look , 91 % similar to vista and more control and better =)

UBUNTU 4 EVER!!!!!!

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetsupriyadisw(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wp-content/uploads/ubuntu_osx03.jpg"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetsupriyadisw(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wp-content/uplo...buntu_osx03.jpg[/url]

this is ubuntu imitating Macintosh OS X

but as you can see the ubuntu sign is still there , but you can change it theyr is a guide for it here

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yettaimila(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/?q=node/11"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yettaimila(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/?q=node/11[/url]

---------

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_lxp.sourceforge(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Human_1024.jpg"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_lxp.sourceforge(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Human_1024.jpg[/url]

this is ubuntu imitating Windows Vista!

----

more information about UbuntU it is has dozens of effects that makes it the first Next generation system that has this Wide range of optimizations .

UbuntU is not only first like Nintendo WIi .. but

it is the best because of its power! before going for Compiz-Fusions NextGeneration Effects , UbuntU was soo powerful to take that step an fast! , if you want to disable Compiz-fusion and want to make a pentium 2 run like Pentium4 then yes disable Compiz .. but compiz-fusion next generation effects RUNS very good at any new computer out theyr with a 256 ram , and 32mb gfx card. never forget Nvidia will run the best because of full support for it .

other cards work aswel , need help about ubuntu PM please.

btw if people still wants microsoft office products and vageo and dream waver ect..

with win~E~ ( windows executer ) can run those kinds of App's right now they are working on the latest microsoft office , ( the new one cant work yet only office i guess its 2003 )

in a few weeks the latest will work :sl: dont underestimate the fan's they themselves gain community status unlike microsoft only Microsoft work on it ! , UbuntU every1 can work on it to become better its open Source only for system but not For Security and firewall , those 2 its from UbuntU themselves.

Well, looking at the list of options I'm puzzled.

Some window, a lot of Linux, and ... nothing!!!######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/style_images/1/folder_post_icons/icon14.gif[/img]

There are several non-Linux-Unices:

1. For non-IBM-Computers lots of them ...
  2. Mac OS X ....
  3. BSD in different "distributions"
  4. Solaris
  5. and some time, the Hurd :sl: :sl:

Maybe there are non-Unix versions of (old) Mac OS out in space? Or a non-Unix OS like OS/2 or it successors (foregot the name, but I once heard it got open source ...).

On my Computer are:

2 Linuxes (only one, Open Suse, on the List)

DRDOS ("for compatibility reasons" :j: ).

So I strongly miss check boxes for, at least, "Mac OS", "BSD", "other Linux", and "other OS".

Edited by looking by

yes thats true FreeBSD is not for linux

and i should put other linux's like solaris slackware and others but i cant edit now.

here is a response again

linux systems are growing fast and becoming the next generation system

and as we know that windows steal most of the things from linux .

still linux has the kernal method and other's ,... these make system run more powerful then vista ,

for example Vista , its a good system ,easy eyecandy , they made it superior but needs a super computer right?

in linux , its superior you can make it more superior then vista and you can make it goo beyond boundaries and let people say your not using a computer your in 4 D matrix ****

they will be amazed , and its get easier after you finish orginizing your system and having the appropriate custom look . or creat mutliple looks in diffrent users nameing them

vista

Xp

Mac OS X

Default Gnome

Ubuntu Custom

Default KDE

ubuntu and the new generation compatibilities like compiz , emerald , screenlets , kiba dock , and users interface makes linux the only system that has the power to use linux in any interface with unbelievable results .

in meaning , that linux can run windows programs and have the look of windows with

start or that vista circle , and some people say isnt it copyrighted ? then if it is . how can a system do a task bar ? then they will say its copyrighted hehe .. there are sites explaining these more appropriately , but its ok to freely do whatever you desire for your look.

Linux systems like UbuntU have theyr own programs and all are free softwares ,

forexample if you want anything like msn messenger Video Lan Coder Realplayer Opera photoshop , all that and more... i mean 1000000 more things , anything that you want to have in your system you will find it in the database , ( its an icon called Software Center )

you will find all the softwares in it . however

theyr might be some that is not listed

like microsoft word , dreamwaver , Microsoft vageo ect..

those you must get it , if you have the cd just install it

if you dont then get it from a torrent site , no need to convert to install

just double click then win~E ( windows ~ Executer ) program will start and execute the the thing you want and install it :sl: yes its amazing .

amazingly have all the softwares everything structured and ready for your system do multiple users for the look you want

vista look and have all softwares of linux and windows

mac look and have all softwares of linux and windows

and same thing for the rest.

i mean by beyond boundaries is that you can have an aquarium of fishes swiming on your desktop on a 3d Scale and you do whatever and drops of water of rain falling on ur screen with less memory usage and excellent results for comparing this on vista it will be like a memory hog and make system more slower , linux has its efficiency and accuracy to its needs , they will not do such a thing if its more then 20 % of memory leak

windows have things like yo m 3d and that becomes buggy and more then 40 % memory leak and sometimes non responsive state .

sallam allekom

The issue with linux distributions are that they are not very user friendly to new people. You need to be somewhat of a computer expert to use this. Even with the newer kernel releases v10 and above its been changed around a lot but still no where close to how easy it is to install Xp/Vista.

The other issue is that of the availability of software for linux and games :sl:.. most of the major games are released for Windows. Also I've noticed most of the linux distributions might be free but they charge you for software updates.. so not very cool imo.

I've used Red Hat, Mandrake, SUSE, Ubuntu and another Solaris over the past few years.. tried Lindows/Linspire but didnt work out.

Edited by Hasib

So you have tried UbuntU 7.10 ? and brother what environment of UbuntU you have tried ? Gnome or KDE ?

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetkubuntu(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]KDE [/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetubuntu(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]Gnome[/url]

btw its not hard , its easier then last year it became very easy 7.10 Gutsy Release

and btw in 2 months Ubuntu 8 Hardy will be released

they say it will be anew approach for Linux

try out 8 when its released :sl:

what do you want more when ( win~E ) software is builtin

and ( Compiz-Fusion ) environment is builtin

and ( all softwares + Upgrades are free )

with winE you can install whatever windows product

games yes is for windows actually but linux runs games now :no:

40% of the market

Hmm.. it was a while ago.. they had some free cds in the university campus some years ago when i was a student, so i took 1.. so i dont remember if it was KDE or GNOME.. i believe i tried both; once one of the install crashed and then i tried again and i tried the other option this time..

Yah we can use WINE but its not perfect man its got some funky weird issues from time to time..

I just stick to windows now cause its the most widely used OS.. at home and in the offices too.. so whatever you know :sl:.. there was a time long time ago when i was very anti-windows hahaha but ah those days are long gone!

you said some years ago , if i tried ubuntu the days of dapper or edgy believe me i would not post this topic hehe,

and about feisty its ok but not as good as 7.10 Gutsy btw it has all the needs for a Windows user to switch + satisfaction because it says to you that you can do whatever you do in windows but in Linux Ubuntu + faster and powerful reaction no more processing loading and stressfull use of the system but using a system happy and do everything but offcourse you must install your stuff that you have if not get them from torrent sites example like DreamWeaver and MS office these for some people who doesnt like to use openoffice and used to MS office then go ahead and install it double click the setup .exe and wine will do the magic .

i agree windows has everything but still not free and very limited things you can do with the system not flexible and very slow .

linux now from 2008 linux is takeing the step of life time

i used feisty the final ubuntu release before gutsy i was thinking of leaving linux until i tried ubuntu 7.10 beta version of gutsy it showed the diffrent approach and it gained many thousands of people from theyr the approach will be garanteed at 2008 a new emerging fact for the computer world.

I was a linux fan boy once :sl:..I still use linux on my laptop but I simply hate the way linux does a lot of things