Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tash

Its Called Genocide, By Muslims

Aslamaikum

Not by me, same dude thats pming me. :sl:

Breaking News

In this section, we will post current breaking news relating to the ongoing killing and mistreatment of the Yezidi people in their northern Iraq homeland, as well as in Armenia and locations to which many have migrated. Please check back here often to keep current with the plight of this oft misrepresented "religious/ethnic minority", apparently considered a "soft target" by Moslem extremist groups in Iraq.

Photo: Tom Aspell NBC

Associated Press (AP)

Updated: 6:44 p.m. CT Aug 15, 2007

Bombings are deadliest since Iraq war began

Officials’ death toll estimates range from 250 to 500; U.S. blames al-Qaida

BAGHDAD - Rescuers used bare hands and shovels Wednesday to claw through clay houses shattered by an onslaught of suicide bombings that killed at least 250 and possibly as many as 500 members of an ancient religious sect in the deadliest attack of the Iraq war.

The U.S. military blamed al-Qaida in Iraq, and an American commander called the assault an "act of ethnic cleansing."

The victims of Tuesday night's coordinated attack by four suicide bombers were Yazidis, a small Kurdish-speaking sect that has been targeted by Muslim extremists who consider its members to be blasphemers.

The blasts in two villages near the Syrian border crumbled buildings, trapping entire families beneath mud bricks and other wreckage. Entire neighborhoods were flattened.

"This is an act of ethnic cleansing, if you will, almost genocide," Army Maj. Gen. Benjamin Mixon, commander of U.S. forces in northern Iraq, told CNN. He said that was evident from the fact Yazidis live in a remote part of Ninevah province that has been far from Iraq's conflict.

Mixon said last month that he proposed reducing American troop levels in Ninevah and predicted the province would shift to Iraqi government control as early as this month. It was unclear whether that projection would hold after Tuesday's staggering casualties.

Death estimates ranged widely.

Zayan Othman, health minister for Iraq's nearby autonomous Kurdish region, said 250 bodies had been pulled from the rubble and some 350 people were injured.

But the death toll was put as high as 500 by some local officials, including Hashim al-Hamadani, a senior provincial security official; Kifah Mohammed, director of Sinjar hospital; and Iraqi army Capt. Mohammed Ahmed. They agreed with Othman that about 350 were wounded.

None of the officials provided information on how they arrived at their estimates. The figures could not be independently checked because the area was under curfew and casualties had been taken to numerous hospitals.

Even the lower death estimate far surpassed the previous bloodiest attack of the war — 215 people killed by mortar fire and five car bombs in Baghdad's Shiite Muslim enclave of Sadr City last Nov. 23.

U.S. officials believe insurgents have been regrouping across northern Iraq after being driven from strongholds in and around Baghdad, and the bombings coincided with the start of a major offensive by American and Iraqi troops against militants in the Diyala River Valley.

Blow to upcoming U.S. report

The carnage dealt a serious blow to the Bush administrations hopes of presenting a positive picture in a progress report on Iraq to be delivered by the top U.S. commander, Gen. David Petraeus, and U.S. Ambassador Ryan Crocker in about four weeks.

Petraeus warned that he expected Sunni Arab insurgents to stage more spectacular attacks ahead of the report to Congress, whose members are deeply divided over whether to begin withdrawing U.S. troops from Iraq.

Sect under fire

Minority sects such as the Yazidis are especially vulnerable as militants seek new targets to avoid the strict security measures clamped on Baghdad and surrounding areas to stop violence among warring Sunni and Shiite factions.

------------------------

Aug 15, 5:53 PM EDT Minority religions under attack in Iraq

By SARAH DiLORENZO

Associated Press Writer

The suicide bombings that ravaged the Yazidi sect in Iraq underscored the fears of violence and insecurity binding many of the nation's religious minorities, ranging from Christians who are fleeing their ancient enclaves to a dwindling sect that follows the teachings of John the Baptist.

The various religious groups - which in total account for no more than 3 percent of the population - increasingly worry that they will be caught helplessly in the battles between the majority Shiite and Sunni factions or, as in the case in Tuesday's attack, directly targeted by extremists.

"Minorities have historically inhabited areas that are disputed, that lie at the fault lines of the other communities," said Mark Lattimer, executive director of the London-based Minority Rights Group.

The Yazidi, said Lattimer, have a double curse.

They live in a strategic corridor between Mosul, the chief city in northern Iraq, and the borders of Turkey and Syria. The area could become increasingly coveted territory for the insurgent group al-Qaida in Iraq, which appears to be seeking to retrench in northern Iraq after being driven from strongholds in and around Baghdad by U.S.-led offensives.

The group is blamed for the series of four suicide truck bombings that claimed at least 250 lives in the Yazidi town of Qahataniya in the deadliest attack on civilians since the U.S.-led invasion in 2003.

Yazidi also are often scorned by Muslims as infidels for their blend of Judaism, Christianity, Islam and Zoroastrianism, the pre-Islamic faith of Persia. The Yazidi - mostly ethnic Kurds - date their beliefs back 4,000 years and worship an angel figure, Malak Ta'us, or Pea#### Angel, who is considered to be the devil by some Muslims and Christians. Yazidis, who don't believe in hell or evil, deny the characterization.

The Islamic State in Iraq, an al-Qaida front group, distributed leaflets a week ago warning residents near the scene of Tuesday's bombings that an attack was imminent because Yazidis are "anti-Islamic."

Small communities of Yazidis can be found in Syria, Turkey, Georgia and Armenia, but the majority of the estimated 100,000 believers live in Iraq. Most Yazidis, even young people, choose to live in isolated communities, though they often face extreme poverty.

Lattimer said that while Saddam Hussein would target minority groups if it suited his political objectives, these small sects were generally left alone. Since the 2003 invasion, however, the minorities have been least able to protect themselves, he said.

Many minorities groups have chosen to flee - threatening to cripple communities whose roots stretch back thousands of years.

The Sabean Mandaeans, a pre-Christian sect that follow the teachings of John the Baptist, now numbers about 5,000 in Iraq, down from an estimated 25,000 in early 2003, according to testimony by Suhaib Nashi, general-secretary of the Mandaean Associations Union, to the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom in July.

As many as 50 percent of Iraq's Christians - which once numbered between 1 million and 2 million - may already have left the country, according to a report issued in May by the commission. Christians are at particular risk as perceived supporters of the United States and its Western allies, said a Minority Rights Group report.

The Jewish community, which is also accused by extremists of sympathizing with U.S. troops, has a long history of persecution in Iraq, which has prompted several waves of emigration, according to the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees.

Lattimer said it is difficult to calculate their current numbers because they mostly do not want to draw attention, but they comprise a "very, very small residual community."

Only eight Jews remain in Baghdad, said an Anglican clergyman, the Rev. Andrew White, who has aided the group. About a century ago, Jews accounted for one-third of the city's population as recently as a century ago.

-------------------------

United Press International (UPI)

Rescue operation in full force after Iraq truck bombings

Mujahed Mohammed

AFP

August 16, 2007

TAL AFAR & BAGHDAD --

UPDATE: More than 400 people were slaughtered in four suicide truck bomb attacks in northern Iraq, targeting the ancient Yazidi religious sect, a senior interior ministry official said Thursday.

"More than 400 people were killed and the toll is expected to rise," the ministry's director of operations, Major General Abdel Karim Khalaf, said.

He said more than two tonnes of explosives were packed into the four bombs that ripped through two villages in Nineveh province late Tuesday.

Entire families of Yazidis were wiped out after suicide bombers, which the US military said were from Al-Qaeda, blew up the lorries full of explosives in the villages of Al-Qataniyah and Al-Adnaniyah.

Two days after the bombings, rescue teams of hundreds of soldiers, police and civilians were clawing through the devastation of flattened homes, some helping by hand to sift through the rubble looking for the dead.

Rescuers dug through the rubble of devastated Iraqi communities Wednesday after suicide bombers killed more than 200 members of a minority sect in the bloodiest spate of attacks of the war.

Entire families were wiped out after suicide bombers, which the US military said were from Al Queda, blew up four lorries packed with explosives late Tuesday in two northeastern villages, inhabited by the ancient Yazidi religious sect.

"It was like a nuclear explosion. The second blast was even stronger," said army Captain Jalal Mohammed, who rushed to the village of Qataniyah with his unit only to find scenes of devastation and grief.

"Everything was destroyed. Houses, buildings, shops. It was horrible. There was a huge number of casualties bleeding all over the place. There were pieces of flesh everywhere. It was a tragedy. Dead people everywhere," he said.

Zeryan Abdul Rahman, the health minister in the regional Kurdish government, said late Wednesday that, "as of now, the death toll stands at 200, but it is expected to rise as corpses are still being pulled out from the debris."

Doctor Mohammed Waadallah from the governorate of Nineveh province said 375 people were lying wounded in seven different hospitals, as rescue teams searched frantically for survivors under the expanse of rubble.

"The rescue operation is still on to get the survivors out from the rubble," Nineveh governor Duraid Mohammed Qashmula said.

Doctor Kefaa Mohammed, head of the general hospital in Sinjar, the closest town, said his staff were struggling to treat the overwhelming number of casualties at a clinic equipped to "treat only 10 people."

The bombers struck the villages of Qataniyah and Adnaniyah, said Dakhil Qassim Hassun, mayor of the Sinjar municipality, and Abdel Rahim Al Shammari, mayor of Baaj.

New bride Samira Chiad, 21, said from hospital in the nearby town of Tal Afar that her husband and nine of his family were killed. Her life was spared only because she had been visiting her parents when tragedy struck.

"When I was on the way back to my husband's, there was a big explosion. The sky filled with fire. I was hit in my head, and I passed out. When I came to, there was another explosion," she said, head and body swathed in bandages.

Jamal Faris, an Iraqi soldier, rushed home from an outlying army base to discover that his children, brothers, and cousins were killed.

"I rushed to my house. It was destroyed. I started searching for my family ... Two of my children and two of my brothers were killed.

"My uncle's house was also destroyed. I found the whole family killed. My uncle, his wife, and their six children," he said.

Shammari said about 70 houses were razed by the bombings, and police had imposed curfews in Sinjar and Tal Afar, once held up as a model by US President George W. Bush, but, itself, no stranger to bloodshed.

"Scores of people are flocking to donate blood to save the wounded who are admitted in seven hospitals in Nineveh and Dohuk provinces," he said.

With 200 deaths already confirmed, the assault will almost certainly prove deadlier than the one that killed 202 November 23, 2006 in a string of car bombs in Baghdad's teeming Shiite slum of Sadr City.

It is also one of the deadliest global attacks since the September 11, 2001 attacks on the United States.

Prime Minister Nuri Al Maliki blamed extremists for the "heinous crime" while the US military blamed Al Qaeda's affiliates, who have claimed a string of spectacular attacks in Iraq's bloody sectarian conflict.

Hundreds of people, including US troops, local police, soldiers, and survivors, were taking part in the rescue operation, some even helping by hand to sift through the rubble, Lieutenant Colonel Michael Donnelly said.

"Al Qaeda in Iraq. This is their signature attack and [they] distributed flyers to the community telling them 'to get out, they were infidels,'" Donnelly said, when asked who was responsible.

General David Petraeus, the head of coalition forces in Iraq, is to give a much-anticipated update on operations in early September - and the US military believes that militants want to escalate attacks to undermine the report.

Yazidis, who are estimated to number several hundred thousand worldwide, speak a dialect of Kurdish, but follow a pre-Islamic religion, and have their own cultural traditions.

They believe in God the creator, and respect the Biblical and Koranic prophets, especially Abraham, but their main focus of worship is Malak Taus, the chief of the archangels, often represented by a pea####.

Followers of other religions know this angel as Lucifer or Satan, leading to popular prejudice that the secretive Yazidis are devil-worshippers.

The community has attempted to remain aloof from the vicious sectarian and political conflicts gripping much of the rest of Iraq, but in recent months relations with nearby Sunni Muslim communities have worsened dramatically.

Bloodshed in northern Iraq continued Wednesday, with police reporting two car bomb attacks in crowded markets in the oil hub of Kirkuk.

At least two people were killed and another 13 wounded when the bombs exploded in a Kurdish area of Kirkuk, said local police chief Burhan Tayeb.

Published: Aug. 15, 2007 at 6:02 PM

Report: Truck bombing deaths reach 500

BAGHDAD, Aug. 15 (UPI) -- The death toll in a series of truck bombs in two Iraqi villages has risen to at least 500, CNN reported Wednesday, citing local officials in Nineveh province.

Iraqi Army and Mosul police sources had put the number of dead at 260, but said the toll was likely to rise. Officials said at least 320 were injured in the attacks.

Iraqi officials couldn't estimate the final toll because recovery workers had been unable to reach some areas with collapsed houses, The New York Times said.

Five trucks in towns in the northern province of Nineveh, near the Syrian border, exploded simultaneously Tuesday evening. The attacks targeted the Yazidi sect, who speak a dialect of Kurdish and follow a pre-Islamic religion, the report said.

Officials said the hundreds of wounded were sent to at least six hospitals as far as 150 miles away, the Times reported, and U.S. helicopters helped transport the injured.

The two towns of Qahtaniya and Jazeera are populated mostly by Yazidis, a Kurdish-speaking sect that has been a minority in Iraq historically. After a Yazidi woman dating a Sunni Arab was stoned to death in April and a video of the stoning appeared on the Internet, gunmen killed 23 Yazidi laborers who were commuting in minibuses, the Times said.

---------------------------

Published: Aug. 14, 2007 at 6:35 PM

Suicide bombers kill scores in Iraq

BAGHDAD, Aug. 14 (UPI) -- Suicide truck bombers killed at least 120 people in a northern Iraq community, it was reported Tuesday.

Police said in addition to those killed at least 150 more people were wounded in three bombings, CNN said. But Iraqi army officials said at least 170 were dead and 200 wounded in four suicide attacks.

U.S. helicopters were helping to evacuate the wounded, officials said.

The bombings occurred in the town of Qahtaniya, which is populated mostly by members of the Yazidi sect who follow a pre-Islamic ancient religion.

------------------------

YezidiTruth(contact admin if its a beneficial link) 2007 All rights reserved.

webmaster[at]yeziditruth(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

PropellerAds
Not by me, same dude thats pming me. :sl:

Assalamualikum

whats his name...its just best to ignore them...they always pm me too..ignorant fools

Calafiore

Says Muslims can't handle the truth and crap. Damn what the hell? Why not post that crap and let us form a discussion if you want to pm people THAT bad.

Yeaitried talking sense in oneof those PM'ersbutthey arejust so ignorentthat i stop after 3-5 replys iftheyhavnt change their minds.

Yeaitried talking sense in oneof those PM'ersbutthey arejust so ignorentthat i stop after 3-5 replys iftheyhavnt change their minds.

I'm not that smart so I don't know how to respond. lol.

This is this fool's reply:

LOL....I have already been banned , many times for posting the truth . But I do get it , muslims get to spew venom and lies abut evryone and evrything outside of Islam , and I

get banned for posting the Qur'an Sura on not taking jews and christians as freinds .

You guys aint foolin' no one but yourselves .

Salaamu Alaikum

Its just Makko going on a tangent as always. Just ignore him.

Topic moved from Political Front 09/18/07