Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
razif

Medical Knowledge

im medical student...

any medical student or medical doctor here???

i wanna get an information and share about the latest medical knowlegde in this forum...plzzz :P :D :D

PropellerAds

Assalamu alaykum.

I am a medical student in the USA. I will be graduating from medical school in June 2005 (Insha'Allah and Alhamdullilah) and starting residency training In July 2005.

Glad to see someone else here. :D

Cool guys

I'm 1st yr medic in UK..........long way 2 go!

But hpe we all get ther insha'Allah!!

Wa'alaikumu salam

can i ask what subjects you took and grades you lot got in your colleges and high school, just curious

:D

I almost became a med student, but I'm not (at the moment, any way.)

Edited by ummammaar

can i ask what subjects you took and grades you lot got in your colleges and high school, just curious

Assalamu alaykum.

I was a microbiology major with a minor in chemistry in college. Got good grades, basically A's and B's. I did well on the MCAT (Medical College Admissions Test-this is the screening test that you take when you are almost done with college or after graduating from college in order to get into medical school in the US. Might be different in other countries.). Basically, in the US it doesn't matter if you had the best grades in the entire world during college, if you don't do well on the MCAT you won't be getting invited to interview for medical school.

Anyhow, I think that that should answer your question. Of course, my grades back in high school were good in order to get into a good college.

Anyhow, I'm just glad that I graduate in a few months and will finally be able to call myself "Doctor." Alhamdullilah!!

Are you thinking of becoming a doctor?

Are you thinking of becoming a doctor?

yeah but i dont think i can do it :P

my whole family wants me to do it and i do to i have allways wanted to be a doctor since i was litlle, but i dont think iam ganna make it it looks soooooooo hard getting there i might become a paramedic or a phycologist. :D :D :P

yeah but i dont think i can do it  :P

my whole family wants me to do it and i do to i have allways wanted to be a doctor since i was litlle, but i dont think iam ganna make it it looks soooooooo hard getting there i might become a paramedic or a phycologist. :D  :D  :P

Assalamu alaykum.

Don't be discouraged brother. All you can do is do your best and leave it in the hands of Allah (swt).

If you need any help just let me know and I will see what I can do, Insha'Allah.

If you need any help just let me know and I will see what I can do, Insha'Allah

but your in the usa and iam in the uk things are not the same :D :D

Cool guys

I'm 1st yr medic in UK..........long way 2 go!

But hpe we all get ther insha'Allah!!

Wa'alaikumu salam

cool asmauk where'd you go?

yeah but i dont think i can do it  :D

my whole family wants me to do it and i do to i have allways wanted to be a doctor since i was litlle, but i dont think iam ganna make it it looks soooooooo hard getting there i might become a paramedic or a phycologist. :P  :D  :D

being a doctor is not determine wether we're succesfull in our life or not :P . actually, i was forced by my family to take this course..im interested in engineering :D but, in order to make my mom hepy, i just follow her. i like the subject which is deal with mathematics.

mm, about the grade, it must be a big different between my country and yours...so, no need to tell u that :D

just set in ur mind, be the best in watever u're B)

being a doctor is not determine wether we're succesfull in our life or not  :D . actually, i was forced by my family to take this course..im interested in engineering :D but, in order to make my mom hepy, i just follow her. i like the subject which is deal with mathematics.

mm, about the grade, it must be a big different between my country and yours...so, no need to tell u that  :P

you wanted to be a ............

im interested in engineering

so why didnt you, you said be the best in whatever u're B)

Salams sis dog!!

At liverpool uni, did my alevels last year and was gonna take a year out but decided not to. Made the right choice though cos i'm loving it!! Hard work, but great all the same!

How bout you?

Bro lailaha ilallah

Dont be so negative, honestly when i was doin my alevles last yr i was so depressed i never thought i'd get 2 uni, but bro it sounds like u really want it so u just need to focus on your schooling for the next .....years and with the help of Allah SWT you'll get there i'm sure!! Basicly you'll need ABB minimum 2 get into medicine at the majority of uni's. I got offered AAB from all my uni choices and alhamdullilah i got 4A's but my friend got ABBC and she got a place too. Make sure you do chemistry Alevel and 1 or 2 other sciences depending on which uni ure applying to (cambridge want 3 sciences i think).

What stage of education are you up2?

Any help i can give u with personal statement, general advice or info please feel free to ask.

Maa Salama

Salams sis dog!!

At liverpool uni, did my alevels last year and was gonna take a year out but decided not to. Made the right choice though cos i'm loving it!! Hard work, but great all the same!

How bout you?

Bro lailaha ilallah

Dont be so negative, honestly when i was doin my alevles last yr i was so depressed i never thought i'd get 2 uni, but bro it sounds like u really want it so u just need to focus on your schooling for the next .....years and with the help of Allah SWT you'll get there i'm sure!! Basicly you'll need ABB minimum 2 get into medicine at the majority of uni's. I got offered AAB from all my uni choices and alhamdullilah i got 4A's but my friend got ABBC and she got a place too. Make sure you do chemistry Alevel and 1 or 2 other sciences depending on which uni ure applying to (cambridge want 3 sciences i think).

Any help i can give u with personal statement, general advice or info please feel free to ask.

Maa Salama

iam doing my gcse next year i have to decide what course iam going to do thats what is bothering me

what did you get in your gcse and what subjects did u take in college and was it hard?

i'm loving it!! Hard work, but great all the same!

why is it soo good :D

you wanted to be a ............

so why didnt you, you said be the best in whatever u're B)

when i was forced to take a medicine, so im doing the best in medicine...i want to be the best in watever i am..i want to show to the non muslim in my coutry that Muslim can do like them...we're good as well even better than them

so, that why i said that.... :D

all the best....

ÇáÓáÇã Úáíßã

i just wanted to say hi,,,im a 2nd year medical student too ...well it happens that i opened a similar topic in the counselling room yesterday

best wishes

hey i applied to liverpool for dentistry but got REJECTED :P lol but it's ok i probably would have chosen manchester anyway...was liverpool your first choice?

i've got an offer from manchester for AAA this time around (last year was ABB but i got my A in the wrong subj :D lol so resitting :P ) and i'm still waiting to hear on Queen Mary's, been rejected from sheffield for dent. too but lol those two maybe should have been expected since i didn't apply to them first time around so they probably thought i was choosing them as the easy way out or sumt lol

ohh yeh lailaha_illala n asmauk the entrance requirements for most places for med and dent have gone up to AAB from this year....i think hull york and brighton sussex and the newer universities still have it as ABB though, and yeh lailaha_illala don't worry, just have no life when it comes to revising n REVISE REVISE REVISE and you can do it inshallah, now only if i could take the same advice :D predicted grades and personal statement are important so make sure you've got them up to scratch, and i'd DEF. take the help from asmauk lol these people know what they're talking about :D .....or do they? :( no no they do ehem

n erm yeh most places are happy with 2 sciences (i'd go for chemistry and biology--there the most common) chem can be really hard at times but bios more of a learn from the book thing i think so hmmmmmmm ohh n maths is CRAP unless you like that kinda thing of course ehem :D

n razif i think it's wicked you're doing med :D so stick at it

heeey that's not a BAD thing, don't be sad about it :P you can still save lives by becoming a paramedic you know, hmmm lol i went through that stage where i wanted to be one, because everythings so busy, and the feelings you must er feel lol must vary so much, but i wouldn't be able to do it i think, cos under pressure i can sometimes go blank, but honestly thats a wicked job....and you can like drive your ambulance well fast all over the place :P

i m final year medical student...razif you are from which country?asian country?you want to share something............?

i m from pakistan,and you?also tell what you want to discuss

wow, so far we are...im malaysian....watever, nice to meet u here...im thinking..............what we are going to discuss....hehehehe...i'll tell u afterward. i like to do the attachment in your country...what is ur university hah???here, so many doctor from pakistan...nice person...but almost are male...never talk with the female doctor/ person from pakistan....take care

ilalliqa'