Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Desigurlforeva

cavities

salams,

man, my tooth is hurting a lot right now.

i have 6 cavities...i eat lot of chocolates :D im suppose to see my dentist this weekend...but im going off to MI and Canada...so prolly my appointment is going to be next week.

so, my point is till then what should i take to make my pain go away. I can't take pain killers because, i got few health problems...which will make it worse.

aaahhh, i don't know what to do. you guys can help me out here inshAllah.

jazkAllah kher in advance.

Fe Amaan Allah.

PropellerAds

:D

No soft drinks (have high pH anyways), sticky food, avoid starch (e.g. potato chips--after you chew it becomes sugar), avoid juice (they contain a lot of sugar).

Brush your teeth atleast 2ce a day (pea sized amount of flouride toothpaste). If you don't brush after every meal, atleast rinse your mouth with water, or you can do a quickie-- "brush" without toothpaste. Floss every day.

Get dental checkup and cleaning done every six months. If your teeth are crowded, you may be having problems cleaning them, and probably need orthodontic treatment to prevent cavities and other dental problems such as gingivitus.

My mother always tells me to gargle with herbal mouthwash, or gargle with hot salt water. May Allah expiate your sins and take your pains, and illnesses without leaving a trace of either, ameen.

Edited by ummammaar

:D

I think you should call your dentist. My father is saying you can't really do anything.Just avoid eating some things (the ones I mentioned like sticky,sweet things). Don't eat from that side he says.

Lastly, like I mentioned, brush your teeth properly, especially if you have braces sis. If you're all eating those things (and have braces), but are not being very responsible about your oral hygiene, you will be more suspetable to getting cavities.

:P

If not there are false dentures available in the markets :D ....

Why do through all the hassles when you have the ULTIMATE in oral and dental hygeine ... the savior of millions world wide ... the destroyer of cavities ... and plaque ... and worst enemy of bad breath ... and the natural whitener of decayed yellow , smoke incremanted , tea corroded teeth !!! ....

... still no Clue (o_0) .... THE SIWAAK ... Best gift of NATure to us Humans !!!! ...

Oral hygeine plays a very important role ....as per this article posted on the IF forum !!....

He (s.a.w.s) used to brush his teeth five times a day, before each of the daily prayers.

So take care of yourself ... and lay back on the chocolates ... your words already are sweet and a delight to read ... further than that ... i mite get diabetic :D !!!

Salaam3alaikum !!! :P

mm, watever u've eat, u must maintain the oral hygiene.u must brush ur teeths at least 3X daily....