Islamic Forum
Introvert

Video games

PropellerAds

:D

The developers will make anything thats sells. Just like films, games can contain real life stuff but present it like a fantasy....and there are almost no limits. Apart from the usual violence, games nowadays have much more detail like character profiles, storylines, sexual innuendo etc etc...

some of the best games I can remember playing were on the ZX Spectrum 128K, the graphics were just little coloured blobs on the screen (w00t) My favourite games were 'Rockfall', a puzzle game and 'Zynaps', a scrolling shooter....both free off a magazine.

:P

I play the games for the sake of violence ... as i wont be able to demonstrate such activities in real life ...

GTA san Andreas ... I salute you for fulfilling my desires :D

Prince of Persia : The Warrior within ... Kicks Butt big time :D

Prince of Persia: Sands of time wasnt that violent, now for some reason they spoilt it by making it more violent in Prince of Persia: Warrior within

Do you think it's sad that most video games needs violece to be enterataining?  :D

I agree and there but there are huge amounts of alternative games. Grim Fandango for example was a brilliant game, as was a lot of the FF Series. However, if you play an FPS chances are it's going to be violent. And there is still 10x as much innovation in the Video Games Industry than there is in the Film and Music Industries.

Thats why you gotta love the sports video games....not really any violence in them except now in some of them they allow you to get into fights.

I tend to stick with sims, especially flightsims. Nowhere near the gore of games like GTA, but I am still shooting down other airplanes. Right now I am obsesivly playing Forgotten Battles, with the Aces and Pacific Fighters expansions, meaning I can fly virtually any plane from WWII, and I love WWII aircraft.

I got Call of Duty today and I'm loving it! First Mission: Battle for Stalingrad....Germans everywhere!!!

Edited by Z-247

Well it depends of what genre of games you follow.

If you are an FPS fan, then of course it will involve violence, who ever heard of an FPS in which you don't go around blasting everything that moves, i mean they are called FPS for that reason (First Person Shooter)

There are of course RPGs, RTSs, and Old Fashioned Strategy Games as well to name a few genres, and those don't tend to be as violent as FPS. These are genres that are story based. FPS is well.... err.... blasting based.

I may get Pro Evolution 4 next week, depending on the missus. :D

I always part exchange the games after completion. Usually get a third to half the money back. :D

HahA i get em for free, well just about free! :D

Z, You wont be disssapointed with Pro Evo 4!

Hearts of iron and Il-2 sturmocvik pacific battle :D)

Dude, you play Il2!?!

I belong to the online squad "the BlitzPigs". My callsign on all the Il2forums is Ritterkreuz (I fly on hyperlobby as BlitzPig_Ritter). I am also a skinner, and you can check out all the skins I've created "il2skins/?action=list&authoridfilter=Ritterkreuz&comefrom=display&ts=1049772896"]Here[/url]

Actually, I invite all of you to check 'em out as I am very proud of my work (well, ok the first couple of planes I ever did where a little shaky)

I mostly play DayOfDefeat and Rome Total War. Nothing like punking a civilization and making them pay regular tribute.

I mostly play DayOfDefeat and Rome Total War.  Nothing like punking a civilization and making them pay regular tribute.

Hehehe, R:TW owns. It's such a good game!

Name a few bro ... Except the Sports Genre ofcourse ... even your Dynamic Strategy ... which by the way i dislike ... are using Violence as its Main Factor ...

Unless you are the addictive to HARRY Potter games (0_o) !!