Islamic Forum
ummammaar

Don't Be Sad

:sl:

:D It's one of the best books I have read after Quran and hadith.

If you would like to get a section a day of it in email, you can sign up here:

www.jugon/reminder/"daily reminder" from Don't be Sad

Don't worry the brother will not send you junk mail.

PropellerAds

:D

Yes sis, masha'Allah it's an excellent book for sound advice. I bought it in a book fair last year! :P

:P

:sl

I bought this book last night. I couldnt put it down since then. It is quite good. Would recomend to anyone going thru hardship and difficulties. May Allah reward him for his efforts.

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_dar-us-salam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/store/main.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=R13&Category_Code=&Search=Don%27t+Be+Sad&Offset=&filter_cat=&exclude_word=&the_fieldlist=g.SRCH_CODE%7Cg.SRCH_NAME%7Cg.SRCH_DESC&range_low=&range_high=&dopowersearch=1&SRCH_CATEGORY_HF=&PowerSearch_Begin_Only="]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_dar-us-salam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/store/main.mvc?Scr...rch_Begin_Only=[/url]

I absolutely love this book. It's fantastic :j:

Not only does it give you advice from core Islamic texts, it also inludes sayings from pious predecssors, beautiful poetry and analogies, continnous reminders and examples on why we shouldn't and cannot despair.

:no:

You can also download it in PDF format here :sl:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=41083&hl="]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=41083&hl=[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetkalamullah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Books/Dont%20Be%20Sad.pdf"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetkalamullah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Books/Dont%20Be%20Sad.pdf[/url]

I've been hearing about this book for so long. Just read couple of pages from the download, mashallah so far so good.

I know a few people who would really benefit from the book. Inshallah will pass on.

JazakAllah khair

Assalammualaikum.

I had read the book couple of times. It really is helpful and inspiring. Other inspirational books especially for girls is by Zabrina Abu Bakar. I recommend it!

Assalaamu aalaykum!

Mashallah! This is a really good book to read. I have read it and have benefitted tremendously from it. However, I don't agree with some of the things in the book.

Here is one of those things:

---------------------------

Forget the Past and Not Think about the Future?

In the book, "Don't be Sad", the writer encouraged us to concentrate on today, and to forget the past and not think about the future.

I agree on that point with respect to the fact that neither the past nor the future are within our control. The only day that we have in our control is today, so it makes sense that we should focus our thoughts upon it and not worry about things that happened or things that may or may not happen.

But I disagree with the idea that we should forget the past. I disagree with the idea that we must not think about the future.

The past contains many lessons for us. The past consists of mistakes that we made, and it becomes necessary for us to reflect upon that and to remember those things, so that we do not repeat those mistakes again. We are what we are because of our past. And what we will be in future depends very much on whether we learned anything from the things that happened in the days that have gone by.

In the past, we made promises and those promises are not supposed to be forgotten. They are to be remembered and to be fulfilled whenever you said you were going to fulfil them. Just because today is all that you have, it doesn't mean that you should forget the promises you made in the past. Nor that you should forget the good that someone may have done to you. Any good that is done unto you should be returned with something better. It is not something that you should forget just because it is in the past. How very convenient to forget!

It is easy for man to forget the good that is done unto him. Isn't it strange that when he borrows money from a friend, he forgets it and when he lends money to a friend, he always remembers it?

As for the future, we cannot say that we don't want to think about it. We face our hardships today, but we must hope that tomorrow Allah will send us relief. There's nothing wrong if we have hopes for the future. That it will be better, that we would learn and strive to become better human beings. There's nothing wrong in hoping that Allah will grant us time to do good, to worship Him and help other people.

We cannot live our lives neglecting the future. We must live preparing ourselves for it. We don't know if we are going to die today, but if we do not, we have a day coming which will make many demands upon us and which will cause us much pain and hardship if we were not prepared for it. Hence, the student must study today so that he can pass his math test tomorrow. The husband must work today, so that he can pay the rent tomorrow. The wife must take care of the house and the kids so that everyone else in the family can do their duties more efficiently tomorrow.

So in my opinion, we must live today remembering the lessons of the past and preparing for the future, so that every single day becomes a tremendous blessing for the believing servant of Allah.

---------------