Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest consumed

im failing

Guest consumed

salam

i have lots of personal problems, i feel that my life is crashing to the ground... i practically hate my family....my study life is one of my hells.....i am told i can do great things yet my grades show otherwise, i am a very envious person and i often envy a lot of people around me. I wish for peace and i never get it....im not able to sleep at night and end up missing a lot of important things. I have never felt so drained in my life, i always feel that i am alone in my life....nobody is here to help me carry on....to encourage me, i am my only moral support. Im just in a pit of darkness forever spiralling down....my work is my priority yet i never do it....and i never feel happy from the inside never....i never pray as well, and i also have a very bad habit if you catch my drift.

PropellerAds

:D

try to ask Allah he is all mighty

may Allah help you

Ameen

wa allykumu salam

essalamu alikumu

U have to start praying brother, u have to go for the 5 prayes each day, this wont take 5 min each time, u dont have to do it in masjed, just start doing in as soon as possible, that's ur number one mission from now on.

Tell us what's up with u later, after u start doing ur prayer, and also as akhy Nasir said before me, do lots of doa'a

essalamu alikumu

brother, all of us go through tests of our faith-your may have come now. But know that Allah grants relief after hardships.

"So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief."(The Holy Quran-surah 94,verse 5.)

Make du'aa to Allah to help you through the hardship. Try talking to a close friend or an imam. Im sure they will give you good advice.

asalaam alaikum

you know what works for me ..sometimes when i am REALLY down, one of the things i try to do is imagine myself in my grave....and thats it because it brings closure to my life..i realise that it i cannot do anything more to improve my position in life after death...

sorry if its a littel strong, but that is what i find helps me

w'asalaam

The fact that u came here and seek help from yr brothers here is a good sign. It shows yr 'iman' is still alive. It show Allah's grace is still upon u. Depression is part of life brother.

I suggest u do the du'a to Allah first and seek His help. Be earnest and sincere in yr du'a and cry if u can. Believed me brother, if u can do that then u will find peace.

Insyallah :D

I seriously suggest u start praying. And i do not mean this as some kind of cheesy preaching. Praying is a form of meditation where u repeat verses in a regular pattern. It is soothing..and altho it can be bad at times, it allows ur mind to drift and reassess situations u may have trouble comprehending/understanding at other times. It give su a feeling of accomplishment that whatever u are doing is not a task that might compensate you with some higher peace, it is not some stab-in-the-dark that might enable u to think clearer. It is a guarantee that if done with sincerity, it will provide ur sanity a shield against insanity and a definite reward at some point in ur life.

Prayer also makes u consciously believe u are accountable for ur actions. Thus it really does help ward off the potential for sining..in whatever form that might take. And as awesomely put as is Zainuddin's signature , do remember that Allah will never burden u with more than u can bare.

U are still alive. U are seeing help. U have climbed up the 'abyss of depression' already. And as cheesy as it sounds, u need to say to urself "enough is enough....my circumstances are crap...but not if i have it MY way!"

Cuz from bottom-down there,s no way to go cept the top!

Mashallah Ziggy ... couldn't have said any better ... Have confidence in yourself ... have this thirst to improve yourself and being different from others ... Inshallah .. Allah (s.w.t) will Answer to your calls ... Intention is a wonderful present God has Gifted us ... use it Sincerely ... you will get answered ... or so happens in my case (0_o) ...!!!!!

Dear brother ...

Just the intention of coming here and knowing ur problem and being able to confess that u r mistaken,,,is a very very wonderful indication,,,,

i have a feeling thatur heart is still shinig but with a light that u need to increase its intensity ,,,and if u succeeded in doing so..then u r going to be so so happy and comforable,,,,and who knows umay also be able to do soo wonderful services to ur Islamic nation...

inshalla God wont leave u ...he i always with u...and remember u r not alone in this worlld,,,we are all here for each other,,,,

dont u ever lose up...and believe the improvement u r trying to reward ur self with is sooo sooo soooo ((how can i tell u this)) it is sooo beautiful and u will never ever regret it

May God bless u

Plz be happy..ucan do it :D

Salaam wa aalikum

u have to remember that this life is a test from Allah swt

and he gives us hard and easy tests

this is just one of those phases that you are finding hard.

you have o find Islam in your heart.

read ur prayers fot the sake of Allah swt 5 times a day.i always thought of it as there are 24 hours in a day and there are 5 namazes you have to pray to thank Allah swt for all that he has provided you.

out of 24 hours, it will only take (approx) half an hour to read all the prayer. so can you spare half an hour of each of your days to thank your Lord?

well keep doing zhikr, saying the kalimah, subhanallah, alhamdulillah, astagifurallh, somehting to keep you occupied.

May Allah swt guide you to the right path and not let you astray form it. Ameen

hope you are well an that the advice form me is ok for you.

Allahfiz

salam

i have lots of personal problems, i feel that my life is crashing to the ground... i practically hate my family....my study life is one of my hells.....i am told i can do great things yet my grades show otherwise, i am a very envious person and i often envy a lot of people around me. I wish for peace and i never get it....im not able to sleep at night and end up missing a lot of important things. I have never felt so drained in my life, i always feel that i am alone in my life....nobody is here to help me carry on....to encourage me, i am my only moral support. Im just in a pit of darkness forever spiralling down....my work is my priority yet i never do it....and i never feel happy from the inside never....i never pray as well, and i also have a very bad habit if you catch my drift.

Hi

I think everything is fine with you. Cause almost everything you said , I feel the same thing as well as three of my collegues siting next to me. I asked three of them do they feel the same ..they said yes.

The only difference is that I do not take it on my mind and dont think that seriously about myself where as you do. Result : I can still sleep peacefully and do not need to fret about things that are not going to happen. believe me 90% of our fears do not materialise ever, and the rest 10% are overrated.

i suggest you something. maintain a Dairy on day to day basis, and try to capture your everyday fears as they happen. After a month go through the dairy, and you will realise you were worrying uselessly about things that did not happen.

Try busying yourself in something productive, watch less TV do more Physical work.

And If you stick to 5 prayers every day, then verysoon you will be telling me how to live happily.

My mantra of Happiness is deal as it comes and leave the result for Allah to decide. Trust him he wont do anything bad to you.

And remember most of our fears never materialise

All The Best

Jazakallah Genetic :D

And now my turn to commend :P

My mantra of Happiness is deal as it comes and leave the result for Allah to decide.
<--is a very profound yet true statement hamid

you sound really down bro... first step you have to tak is turning to Allah[swt] onlyhe can help you so do your daily 5 prayers inshallah all will get better..gradually...

ma'salamah

asalaam alaikum

you know what works for me ..sometimes when i am REALLY down, one of the things i try to do is imagine myself in my grave....and thats it because it brings closure to my life..i realise that it i cannot do anything more to improve my position in life after death...

sorry if its a littel strong, but that is what i find helps me

asalamualaikum

subhanallah i couldn't have said it better myself...............its not too strong people might think its strong because our view is blurred by the duniya once we remove the view of duniya from our eyes our vision becomes clear and then our grave becomes so close and we should remember out final destination and Islam is the only path........for the guest in need right now the black hole that you speak of Allah will inshallah take you outta that hole and don't worry about your sins once you repent they are forgiven for he is raheem and then he will pull you out of that black hole inshallah so quick that you would never even know that you were ever there for Islam came when there was darkness always remember that

don't think you have to jump right into Islam for things to become better just make your intention and then do as much as you can and inshallah Allah will make it very easy

asalamualaikum