Islamic Forum
Insignia of Islam

When you hear 'God/Allah'

Salaam,

I'd like to know what the first thought(s) are of people when they hear 'God/Allah'. Do you perhaps think just 'God', 'Lord', 'Love', 'Anger', 'Power', 'Mercy', 'Hell', 'Heaven', 'Spiritual Father' etc.?

Personally whenever I hear or remember Him, I think of 'Majesty/King'. I think this is how I deeply think of Him as, my King.

Please do post your thoughts.

Peace

PropellerAds

Assalamu Alaikum,

Most of the time I think of 'infinite power'.

the answer to evreything....................

:D

the Almighty....the cure to everything. I have a million things that I think about when I hear His names.

Assalamualikum

I always think of Allah swt as the most Merciful.

The Moment i say the Word "Allah" ... my heart feels warm ... my soul feels calm ... and my spirit seems to be given some rest .... THEN i feel He is my MASTER ... my LORD ... my purpose of living ...the ONE with Eternal Power ..!!!!

:D i have soo much that comes to mind. i guess the first is Love/Mercy

Because I live in a western country, where God is made fun of, people are associated with him like when they say she looks like a goddess or God of heavy metal, I dun have much meaning towarsd the word god, rather the arabic Allah, has much more powerful meaning to me and gives me reminders all the time like he knows what I am doing.

Salaam,

Interesting guys. I also agree with SolidSnake that 'God' brings un-Godly thoughts. 'God' can sometimes be portrayed as 'an old man with a long white beard sitting on his chair/throne'. Whilst when I hear 'Allah' I think of the One True God of the prophets'. I think Allah/El/Elee/Eelaah/Elohim/Eloah/Alaaha/Allaha.

'God' just seems to be a foreign word unlike 'Allah' which seems to embedded deep inside the heart somewhere. God is actually from the German language: 'Gott'.

Thank you all.

Peace

Assalamualaykum,

When I hear God/Lord I associate them with non-muslim Gods but the word Allah is something that I relate with.

Regards

When hear the word Allah I sometimes think about His Names and Attributes. Whereas, when I hear the word "God", I think: "'God' who? A prophet or any man? an idol? Exactly who or what are you referring to? and did Allah call himself 'God'?

My heart feels warm too, and sometime i look at things like a banana and think 'wow what a beautiful thing Allah (swt) has created. I also think that when i see babies and other things. Then i think of myself as HIS slave and HE is my Master.