Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
confused_muslim

Music In Islam

Dear Brother and Sisters,

Assalam Alikum!

What are the limitations of Music in Islam? I listen to an Islamic Musician called Sami Yusuf. Is it right to hear him?

If Music is allowed, what are the geners allowed? One of my friend listen to Dark Metal, is it allowed?

PropellerAds

Salam o Alaikum..

from what i know some Scholars say its fine to listen to music and some say u cant... Dr Zakir Naik talked about this on his show .. Ramadhan - A Date With Dr Zakir Naik ( Peace TV )

i think its fine as long as what u are listening to isnt bad things such as swearing, bad things which will alter ur behaviour.. Islamic Nasheeds are perfect to listen to.. and Sami Yusuf is fine to listen to..

hope this helped..

feel free to ask anymore Questions and i will try answer

Assalamu Alaikum, the issue of Music is discussed in the controversial Issues Room in detail, please continue your discussion there. Check out the link below.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=33527.html&"]Issue of Music in Islam:[/url]

Assalamu Alaikum,

:sl:

Controversial issues like this one, are often discussed repeatedly between moderate and strict Muslims. To save our members' time and minimize the confusion, specially for those new to Islam, we have prepared a centralized topic, where you can read what scholars had to say about it. These issues should only be discussed each in its designated topic (some topics are prohibited to discuss in IF, and so you'll only be able to read what we have for you there).

Please click to see a list of our (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=468"]topics on controversial issues[/url]. That list covers issues that members cannot discuss elsewhere in IF.