Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Huldah

Dates of Ramadan and Eid please

Peace.

I need to plan some practical exams at the school where I teach. A large percentage of my pupils are Muslims.

I do not want to schedule the exams for when they are likely to be tired, because of staying up late or when they are going to be absent, but I do need to have them some time in November and December.

Would someone please inform me of when Ramadan ends, and when the Eid where they have a day off is likely to be please. Or any date when they are likely to be up late/absent in the next two months.

Most of my Muslim pupils are Sunni Muslims, mainly Pakistani and Bangladeshi, if this helps, regarding difference of dates between sects/people groups.

PropellerAds

asslamualaikum

yeah, Ramadhan will possibly end on November 15th or 14th , that is becuase it started on the 15th Ocotber.

Eid is most likely to be on the weekend, but if people do have a day off it wil be the Monday morning, and as you stated the Pakistanis and Bangladeshis, no disrespect to anyone *I am Pakistani myself* but they tend to over celebrate and strestch it to 3 days, but after November 17th the celebration should end, hope this helps, if I am wring please correct me

walaikumsalam

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

Any other comments/alternative dates I should be aware of anyone else?

hmm..none that I can think of, depends do you have any Hindu students?? as it is also Hindu celebration of Divali on the 12th November...as far as I am aware

though I know u requsted Muslims specifically...I just wanted to point that out

Hey thanks for that, that's really useful to know. I teach a couple of Sikhs as well, who I believe, also celebrate Divali.

Hey thanks for that, that's really useful to know.  I teach a couple of Sikhs as well, who I believe, also celebrate Divali.

so you are not a muslim yourself then?

sorry i m asking, not implying anything else apart from the obvious! :D

also you could put them for monday, its not as if its eid day on monday, so no excuse for them not turning up!