Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dead man walking

Imam jailed for allegedly abusing a girl

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/4118073.stm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/4118073.stm[/url]

:D

comment please

PropellerAds

i wanted to know what the evidence was?

well, if he did it... then it's pretty sad that a man in position like his would exploit children. Harshest punishments for ppl like these who had the knowledge of Quarn & sunnah and still deviated from it.

salam

i read the first paragraph and knew this was a plot to get rid of the muslims because as u can see, a Masjid is never empty. never. how can parents leave their girl in the hands of the guy by themselves? so u know its false. second he was never there, he quit month before. this is bias thats why

I highly doubt this is true. I've heard something similar before, and it turned out they framed the imam, and it never even happened.

If there is enough evidence to proove this imam really did do it, than thats really sickening. I don't even want to know how messed up a person can get to do such a thing when they are knowledgeable of the Quran and Sunnah. :D

:P

I highly doubt this is true.  I've heard something similar before, and it turned out they framed the imam, and it never even happened.

If there is enough evidence to proove this imam really did do it, than thats really sickening.  I don't even want to know how messed up a person can get to do such a thing when they are knowledgeable of the Quran and Sunnah. :D

theres is no evidence

how can a masjid be empty?with only one man and a little girl?i dont think thats possible. where is the girls parents? where is the imam?sheikh?any passerby?

I will not pass judgement but if someone really wanted to do this, they will find ways....

If he is guilty, then maximum punishment I say.

Brother...I dunno really. There are masjids here where sometimes there are imaams alone with the girl if she's not Islamically an adult.. My dad used to teach kids, and sometimes the parents would come late to pick their kids up and he'd be alone with them and nobody else would be in masjid.

Being alone is possible. But an imaam doing such a thing is what I'm doubtful about. But if you've gotta sick mind, it doesn't matter whether you're an imaam or not.. :P

Allahu A'lam!

Peace,

The article does not give enough facts to be able to determine guilt or not. I'd be interested in hearing what the evidence was. Whether the person is a rabbi, priest or imam they should be held to the same accountablity as anyone else and held up to the same standard of evidence. One should not presume innocence based on any of these positions.

Too many men who have called themselves pious have been found not to be so.

If he's guilty he deserves everything he gets. If he's innocent then I hope the facts come out proving it.

salam

i didnt know that a masjid is a day care center. i always thought it was a place of worship, and doesnt the sheikh live in the masjid, or the imam, how can a masjid be empty. second, this guy said he left before the accuser stated. how can he be accused?

I would like to add that in serious cases (like this one) when one's name can be tarnished even if found to be innocent, the evidence is looked at very carefully.

As pointed out though, the article doesn't give enough information.

Well ... these are my opinion .. and please dont bring and angry mob to hunt me down or something ...!!!

ahem ahem !!!. ... well looking the guys pic ... i cannot see any sign of innocence ... i mean to say ... if someone is innocent .. their eyes portray it ... no ... i dont mean hush puppy eyes .. but there is this feeling you get in your heart ...that tells you he did not do it ...!!

Secondly ... this Iman molestation has really taken its toll and is rather becoming common in my countries these days ... so MAJORITY of the people will surely want him or other imams behind bars ..!!! ...

I am sure ... becoz of these MORONIC Imams the visiting of Masjids by female sisters will get hampered ...!! tiz very sad ... i do hope Muslims dont tarnish their reputation as Paedophiles or rapists :D ....

Forgive me :P .. i am only a human ..!!!

Day care center...? Where did that come from bro soldierofallah? Well.. Okay, maybe in the UK masjids don't get empty, so thats why we're differing, and since this imaam is in the UK, I'll give up. :D

Besides, I'm agreeing with what your end point is.

Bro genetic_freak, dunno if you can judge a book by its cover.. Dunno if I can look at his eyes and really know whether he's innocent or not. :D

As for your other part about imaam molestation...I never knew that.. :P :P

salam wa alikum,

i agree with you brother genetic, he just looks like a guilty guy,

salam wa alikum,

i agree with you brother genetic, he just looks like a guilty guy,

bro that's not a cool things say. we can't judge someone by thier looks. Would it b fair if we muslims r considered terrorist bcoz we keep beards :D

It’s very hard for me to believe that an Imaam could do such a thing..right now I don’t believe this is true..we should always try our best to believe the muslim, and especially because this is an Imaam, someone we all should highly respect. Of course I can’t be sure, and it’s true the article doesn’t give us enough information. I hope this is all just a lie however, if it’s true then :D

as-salaam aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

just because a person is an imam it doesn't necessarily mean that he will not do evil things. They are still human so they will make mistakes just like you and I. I know an imam who has done some bad things and despite this thing happened to a few people and they reported it to the public, not a thing happened.

As for the incident in the article, if it it not true, it is a tragedy for the imam, but if it is true it is a tragedy that this happened to this woman when she was so young.

fi aman Allah,

Ameera

Guest amani

well how come in this news article theres no evidence?

ther must be SOMETHING they have that htey have jailed him?

and you generally do have the evidence stated :D

so where is it?

(and another thing...girl at the age of 12-13..well before that.. shouldnt be taught my male imams????) thats how i see it and how it is around my area anyway :P

assalaamu alaykum,

this sister was 12/13 yo old, what was the imam doing alone with her? why were the parents allowing this?

once a sister hits puberty, that is it she should never be alone with a non-mahram ever!

saying that, looking at it there is no evidence really that could be proved Islamically, i am feeling sorry for the sister but this just goes to show that we should not allow our sisters to be alone with a non-mahram, but there is no 4 witnesses, no forensic evidence, just hear say and the word of this sister.

remember the Islamic rules for mixing with the opposite gender and these problems will not happen, but if we let our guard down and allow free mixing then these events will keep propping up in the Masjids and community.

Islam has strict rules for this, at the very least even the moderates should agree that no man and women (unless mahram to each other) should be alone together,

if a teacher is teaching sisters or a sister teaching brothers then they have to make sure they dont allow themselves to be alone as if they do they leave themselves open to temptation or in this case alledged abuse.

assalaamu alaykum,

i was told of a case at a young sisters school about 20 years ago in sheffield, the teacher didnt abuse anyone but they caught him looking at sisters as they did wudhoo so they beat him within an inch of his life but that was it.

the problem is because of aspects of asian culture they didnt let the authorities know so he could well be teaching again,

at the very least when such a person is caught the whole community should be told as well as his home town and so all Masjids can be warned of his behaviour.

Asalam Aleikum,

Its possible but the article failed to tell us how they came to the conclusion that he rapped the girl.

It didn't say anything about the girl accusing him or being caught.

He even claimed that he stopped going to the Masjid before the rape took place, its not that hard to look that up.

Masalam

Its based on accusations, it might be true :D

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/4083399.stm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/4083399.stm[/url]

I think this might have been covered on TV a few years back.

These imams are very weak imams, e.g. very little Islamic knowledge very little understanding of arabic I bet.

"Mr Hussain was appointed imam in 1991 at the Masjid in a converted terraced house in Bristol, the jury was told. " Might have heard of this one before. So it is not a usual Masjid with open rooms and doors.

If he's guilty, then unfortunately Islamic punishment can't be applied here. Although in one case in the East End the people at the Masjid did try to implement hudud punishment on someone batty imam LOL

remember the Islamic rules for mixing with the opposite gender and these problems will not happen,

sooo true brother Dawud....which reminds me of the incident of Aisha (radyaAllau ta'ala anha) and the verses that were revealed...I am not saying that this individual in questions is innocent I am only saying that Allah Knows best.

Surely they who concocted the lie are a party from among you. Do not regard it an evil to you; nay, it is good for you. Every man of them shall have what he has earned of sin; and (as for) him who took upon himself the main part thereof, he shall have a grievous chastisement.

Why did not the believing men and the believing women, when you heard it, think well of their own people, and say: This is an evident falsehood?

Why did they not bring four witnesses of it? But as they have not brought witnesses they are liars before Allah.

And were it not for Allah's grace upon you and His mercy in this world and the hereafter, a grievous chastisement would certainly have touched you on account of the discourse which you entered into.

When you received it with your tongues and spoke with your mouths what you had no knowledge of, and you deemed it an easy matter while with Allah it was grievous.

And why did you not, when you heard it, say: It does not beseem us that we should talk of it; glory be to Thee! this is a great calumny?

Allah admonishes you that you should not return to the like of it ever again if you are believers.

And Allah makes clear to you the communications; and Allah is Knowing, Wise.

Surely (as for) those who love that scandal should circulate respecting those who believe, they shall have a grievous chastisement in this world and the hereafter; and Allah knows, while you do not know.

And were it not for Allah's grace on you and His mercy, and that Allah is Compassionate, Merciful.