Islamic Forum
Sister Truth

Reverted and never looking back.

Salaam brothers and sisters,

i just wanted to share my story with you about how i reverted to Islam.

Around about 2 years ago (before i was muslim) my life was a mess, i didn't know where my life was heading and it seemed to be going in a down hill spiral. i began dating this guy (Haram i know but i wasn't muslim so i didn't realise) He was muslim.

Anyway, we dated for about 18months or so and i gradually learnt more and more about Islam from things he told me. so i decided to go and investigate myself. The more i read the more i found truth in what was being said in these books. So i began reading the english translated version of the Quran and everytime i would read some i would be so excited and i would want to go and tell the world the wonderful things about Islam.

Occasionally i would tell myself that what was being said couldn't be true and that if it was true them why wasn't everyone muslim. so i didn't read for a while because i was in deniel that anything could have so much truth in it. but the more i turned away from the Quran the more things about Islam kept popping up to me. on the TV on the radio. i could escape it. my life began to get worse once i stopped reading the Quran, so about a month later i pick it up again and began reading.

The day i did that my life turned around. A week later, after realised i wanted to become a muslim i broke up with my boyfriend because i swore i wouldn't have a relationship like that anymore. I said my Shahada and i reverted to Islam with my ex-boyfriend and muslim friend as witnesses. My family coped really well and were very accepting, alhumdillilah.

I am now 18 the age in Australia where everyone get drunk and takes drugs. People ask me if i am missing out on fun times with alcohol and i tell them that my faith in Allah overrides any need or want to get drunk (the obviously dont understand and look at me like i am strange). Next year I am going to going to study at university and Islam has encorporated into every part of my life.

It was a big change for me going from mini skirts and tight tops to a hijab, but i am glad and thankful for my journey because i wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for Allah.

Thanks for listening to my story. :D

WaSalaam brothers and Sisters.

Sister Truth :D

PropellerAds

Salaam brothers and Sisters,

I am just wondering what any of you think about my story. can I please have some feedback? I am just curious!

Wasalaam

sister truth :D

:D

MashAllah sis, indeed Allah guides whom He wills and whoever He guides, none can lead astray, and whoever He misguides, none can guide him. Welcome to Islam sis :D and glad to see you on the forums.

Tiz like a little fairy tale ... where the princess lives happily ever after ... but heres the catch ... ** ITS REALITY ** (0_o)

Mashallah sista TRUTH !! ...really inspired by your story ... and hope you keep making Wise and Noble decisions like that and I gurantee you as well as anyone on board and would even put my life on the Line ... that Islam is the Solution to EVERYthing !!!!

I welcome you to the Journey known as Islam with arms wide open ... make sure to put on your seat belts and Enjoy the RIDE to eternal peace and calmity ... (yea yea ... corny as it sounds .. tiz the Truth Mate :D )

MashAllah sis, indeed Allah guides whom He wills and whoever He guides, none can lead astray, and whoever He misguides, none can guide him.  Welcome to Islam sis :P  and glad to see you on the forums.

:P

Welcome to Muslim Ummah, sister :D

Allah IS the ONE who guides!!

MashAllah, very nice story sister.

Salaamu 'alaikum sister,

mashAllah nice story, and I am amazed by your strong faith and will. You quit doing things that people have a hard time quitting, mashAllah. InshAllah your faith will be stronger by each day. I have a few web sites for you in case you would like to read more about Islam, I'd PM you but you don't have 50 posts yet, here are they:

islaam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

sultan(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

jannah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

moezmasoud(contact admin if its a beneficial link)( you can watch Islamic shows here that will blow your mind)

daralislalive(contact admin if its a beneficial link)( lectures that will inshAllah bring tears to your eyes)

May Allah help you and give you lots of happiness in both worlds. ameen

Edited by sis Qassab

welcme to IF and the Islamic ummah :D .............................

Masha'Allah sister that is a wonderful story. Whenever I read a revert story I'm amazed subhana'Allah. Allah (SWT) guides whom HE wishes to the right path. :D

Yep, that certainly is a wonderful and amazing story. Thanks for sharin it with us sis. Revert's stories are always amazing...even encourages me to be a better person. :P

May Allah SWT always keep you on the right path. :D

assalamulaykom,

mashallah sis welcome to a new and wonderful way of life

may Allah strength your iman and keep u on the straight path

it was great to hear your story

salam

p.s i'm from australia 2 *go sydney*

Salamullah alaik..

Just like a tale. Today you read the book and tomorrow you already a Muslim.. I recite the Quran everyday.. and I learn and also memorize it.. But, i cant feel the same thing sis..

you're so lucky than I am ..

but, i thanks Allah for protect my Aqidah and give me chances to be a good Muslim. Sis, I really love to listen to your advice. Could you please give me some advices?

Alhamdlillah...

As salaamu alaikum

wonderful news!! Welcome!!

May Allah keep you as a happy and healthy Muslim for many years to come, Ameen!

Wa alaikum asalaam

As salamualikum

Alhumdullah sister welcome to the faith. What part of australia are you from? i only ask because im australian too from perth WA. Do you know of any muslim revert organisations here? im looking for a friend and having some trouble have you come across any?

selam..

mashallah and welcome...

sis maz83 there are plenty of organisations if u need help.. theres the DAWA (DAWA ASSOSIATION OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA) and manner others across australia..if u are intersted... plz pm me for further details..or u have my email and are more than welcome..

w/selam and mabrook once again

essalamu alikumu,

bism Allah masha Allah, a teen ager convert, el hamdullilah sister, insha alah sister u'll be one of the the youth that Allah SWT will have great mercy for them on the day.

Please do remember me in doa'aa

essalamu alikumu

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :P :D

Welcome to Islam my new sis!

Ma sha Allah you sound like a strong sister, but if u're ever feeling tempted to do something, or you're down, we're all here for you.

Always remember:

186. When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way. (surat Al Baqara)

and :

161: Say: Verily, my Lord Hath guided me to a way that is straight- a religion of right- the path (trod) by Abraham the true in faith, And he (certainly) joined not gods with Allah.

162: Say: “Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, My life and my death, are (all) for Allah, The Cherisher of the Worlds (surat Al Anam)

waslamu aliakum

Assalamu alaykum.

Congratulations on your reversion to Islam and welcome to the ummah!! :D

alsalam alaikom ..

waaw what a nice story .. alhamdulillah that u know the truth bath of Islam .. may Allah increase ur faith .. and thatnx for sharing ur story with us sis :D

That was a nice story alhumdulillah and welcome to Islam. "May Allah bless you with jannat-ul-firdous Ameen."

Salam sister,

Mas'Allah sister a nice reversion...........congrats you found the right path which is indeed Islam...........May Allah keep on blessing you with more imann.............. :D for sharing your story it was great to know a new & young revert sister mas'Allah..........

Takecare,love you for the sake of Allah :P :D :P

Wasalam

mashallah sister!

im so happy for you....

welcome to muslim ummah....we are all so happy to have u here...

really nice story....

take care....all best wishes....