Islamic Forum
rimaas

Muslim and Christians:

Kale thank you for explaining but you must understand that we don't comment or criticize Christian scripture for the sake of being disrespectful on the other hand to correct people of the wrong things being said. We can't accept a wrong thing being said or being disrespectful to Allah(SWT)/God, and that's what we are against. The things some Christians say about Allah (SWT) is so blasphemous as He is incarnate or has a son istaghfara'Allah and we need to correct people on that.

Peace.

Zeinab, the fact is, I agree with most of the things Muslims here say is wrong with Christianity. And yet I am still irritated and offended by how Christians are treated here.

Respectfully disagreeing and attempting to correct wrong ideas is not the same as attempting to discredit another and dismiss him.

If I said that you obviously do not love God because you do not accept the divinity of Christ, would you not be furious at this insult?

This was said to Ignatius:

If you really feared the One who created you then you would obey Him, therefore you would be a Muslim

Funny how his reply appears to have been removed from "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=4588&st=0"]that thread[/url] while the discriminatory remark remains.

Often, the analysis and criticism of Christian scriptures offered by Muslims here suggest that these scriptures mean things that, so far as I know, no Christian believes. Would you consider it respectful and polite if I started telling you what the Qu'ran means and why that proves that Islam is wrong?

It would be very nice if Muslims on the forum would stop that stuff. I don't share the same doctrines as Ignatius, but I would never dream of saying that he does not love God. That's cruel, and I think he's made it obvious that it's not true, too. Why is it that the IF readership overwhelmingly chooses to defame other faiths? Why don't they seek out the connection, acknowledge the value, and share truth in a loving and respectful way instead?

PropellerAds
Peace.

I feel much the same as Ignatius.

I'm a Unitarian Christian. They're Christians who believe that Jesus was a prophet and a human being, not God incarnate. This is not a common view, but it's not spectacularly rare, either. There are at least four Christian sects that have this teaching.

Peaec Kale!

Thanks for removing my ignorance, as I have never met a Christian from one of the four sects.

The discussion that takes place about Christians, tends to be about the 'common view' as you put it. The 'rejection' of God/Allah is not taken in the literal sense. Whta is implied is that they reject Tawheed (Oneness) of the AlMighty, and attribute lies to Him by saying that He had a son. By believing that He had no son and that He is the only One worthy of submission to, you are closer to Islam than the average Christian.

But, I totally agree that we should try and build bridges wherever we can so that we limit the differences and discuss them to get our point across. As Muslims, we believe that the Message we have supercedes all previous Messages, like the Injeel/Bible superceded everything that came before it. Hence, it is our obligation to give you this knowledge and not keep it from you.

Peace out.

Believers of every religion (specially people who live in a country where everybody has the same religion) find it dfficult to understanding how people may have mixed beliefs, but there are many millions of people in the west, and a growing number. Islam or catholics have a book and a basic interpretation and it is take it all or leave it all.

But many people who were born for instance christians and could not accept some things found another belief that sounds more logical to them. For instance an eternal hell seems contradictory with a compassive God. If you are a father and have good sons and not so good sons, would you condemn anyone to eternal suffering? Specially when all they did to deserve it was simply not to go to Mass one Sunday or just have one lustful thought, as catholics believe.

Many people do not find this reasonable. So few people believe in eternal hell now. Probably the majority do not believe in eternal hell in Europe. Some believe oriental doctrines that say that hell is not eternal, and very few really bad people go there, and not forever, but after some time they reincarnate again to continue spiritual evolution.

Many still believe in Jesus as a high being and the Bible as revealed by God but at the same time believe in reincarnation, which was really never forbidden in the church, but few christians know this. Belief in reincarnation is growing in the West since the times of the hippes, nineteen sixties, and now 25 % of Americans believe it. After all, christians and Muslims already believe that we will "resurrect", that is, "come back to a body", the same body. The only difference is we would "come back to a new body". Perhaps resurrection is just a bad translation or misunderstanding or misinterpretation of reincarnation.

For a growing number of people in the West it seems more logical that the bad and seemingly undeserved things that happen to us are the result of our past wrong actions than to a capricious decission of God to “send� bad things to some people and not to others. If bad things are a test to grow spiritually, why are some given the tests and not others? Nobody is perfect, everybody needs tests, that is why we are here, no?

It also provides an explanation, for children that are born in sad unfavourable conditions, blind, sick, mentally retarded, of sons of poor abusive or immoral parents, or who die when they are 3 months or 3 years old, while others are born healthy, intelligent or in happy and highly educated or virtuous families and have a long life. In the case of children deaths and mental sickness, perhaps it seems the only logical explanation, as there is no way a baby or a deeply sick mind may deserve heaven or hell.

Like Einstein said, God does not play dice with the universe, and more and more people find it more logical to think this favourable or unfavourable conditions are result of our wrong or right choices in past lives. Therefore we would have the birth we deserve, and it is not God’s choice without any reason which would be unfair.

There are many passages in the bible that seem to be connected with reincarnation and if anyone is interested I can tell you which ones. The christian word “resurrection� might be a bad translation for “reincarnation�, because if heaven is not a physical place in this universe, but another world beyond the physical universe, which is what most christians believe, why would we be back to this body that belongs to this world, the physical world, and not just go to heaven only with our soul, and leave our flesh and body behind? If heaven is not a place with oxigen, there is no use for a body that needs to breath. We would be there only with our soul. Heaven is a place with oxigen or not. I do not think the bible or the Quran say if there is oxigen in heaven.

If the Quran says nothing about it one might be free to believe we reincarnate or not. I have read the Quran twice, but long ago, and I do not remember it.

Can anyone tell me whether there is anything in the Quran that makes it impossible to accept that we have a soul that reincarnates in many different bodies?

Salam, cyberfriends,

I am one of the many millions of people with beliefs and no religion. I believe that Jesus and Mohammed and many more were messengers of God, and I cannot understand this statement of abu Suhayla

“And as I have already said, we deal with Christians (or non-Muslims) justly, with kindness and good manners calling them to Allah, but we do not love them or respect their beliefs�.

How can you deal with kindness and good manners without love and respect? You cannot have opposite emotions at the same time. One or the other.

Don´t you think you should say “I do not agree with their beliefs, though I respect them�?

What would you think if you read the following statement by a Christian?

“We deal with Muslims justly, with kindness and good manners calling them to God, but we do not love them or respect their beliefs�.

Do you really believe that others are obliged to respect Muslims but Muslims are not obliged to respect others? Can you please explain this?

And when you say

They are human being you are right and they have rights such as us treating them justly, but this does not mean we have to respect them or love them. We hate Kufr, why? Because Allah hates it, so base your love on what Allah loves and your hate on what Allah hates.

You seem to think that the reason why Allah sent us prophet Mohammed was to spread Muslim hate to the Kufr and fight them until they are destroyed? Where is then Allah’s compassion? Only for the Muslims? Allah made men and then sent a prophet to divide them and spread hate and war among them? Is this the mission of Prophets?

Do all Muslims in this Forum agree with this?

Peace Asking

Do all Muslims in this Forum agree with this?

The Creator has sent His Prophet as a mercy to mankind, not to divide them and spread war among them. :D

We hate Kufr, why?

Kufr means disbelief. As Believing slave-servants of Allah we must hate disbelief. If we respect disbelief, we disrespect Allah. We do not hate disbelievers.

Can anyone tell me whether there is anything in the Quran that makes it impossible to accept that we have a soul that reincarnates in many different bodies?

The Muslim belief, as taught by the Prophets, is that we die only once in this world. As Allah says in the Qur'an:

"Of no effect is the repentance of those who continue to do evil, until death faces one of them, and he says, "Now have I repented indeed;" nor of those who die rejecting Faith: for them have We prepared a punishment most grievous".(Qur'an:4:18)

This one Ayah(verse) proves that there is no coming back to this world. The Prophet Muhammad(pbuh), as reported in the Hadiths, has informed us of everything that shall happen once we die. Our souls will remain in our "graves" till the Day of Reckoning when we are resurrected and brought to Judgement.

I have read the Quran twice, but long ago, and I do not remember it.

Here is an excellent translation of the "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_quran.al-Islam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Targama/DispTargam.asp?nType=1&nSeg=0&l=eng&nSora=2&nAya=1&t=eng"]Glorious Qur'an[/url], if you wish to read it again.

Hello,

Respectfully disagreeing and attempting to correct wrong ideas is not the same as attempting to discredit another and dismiss him.

But Kale either way when I correct the other person he will be offended, when the intention was not so.

If I said that you obviously do not love God because you do not accept the divinity of Christ, would you not be furious at this insult?

Kale as I tried to explain some things have to be answered in regard to some Christians beliefs since they are insulting Allah (subhanau wataala) with the trinity issue and others. If the Christians regards this as an insult that was not the aim rather the aim is to correct him/her. I will not accept or not answer an insult made to God. I hope it is more clear now.

If you really feared the One who created you then you would obey Him, therefore you would be a Muslim

Funny how his reply appears to have been removed from that thread while the discriminatory remark remains.

This is another issue replies were removed for violating a rule. And if you feel a post is discriminating (I still don’t see it) please report the exact post to a mod.

Often, the analysis and criticism of Christian scriptures offered by Muslims here suggest that these scriptures mean things that, so far as I know, no Christian believes. Would you consider it respectful and polite if I started telling you what the Qu'ran means and why that proves that Islam is wrong?

I doubt what is said about Christians here no Christians believes, since most of the ones answering you are reverts from Christianity.

It would be very nice if Muslims on the forum would stop that stuff. I don't share the same doctrines as Ignatius, but I would never dream of saying that he does not love God. That's cruel, and I think he's made it obvious that it's not true, too.

The person who said this simply meant to say that insulting God with a certain believe is not correct. Besides why don’t you ask him what he meant?

Why is it that the IF readership overwhelmingly chooses to defame other faiths? Why don't they seek out the connection, acknowledge the value, and share truth in a loving and respectful way instead?

We wish to correct beliefs that are considered against the Truth and insults God (Allah), about Jesus (aalihi asalaam) or any other prophet. I can’t not correct it because someone who believes it finds this offensive; my duty is to correct it.

I also agree with bro Aburafay.

Salam Yousuf,

Thank you for your kind explanations.

As for the Quran passage you mentioned, 4:18, I do not understand from it there cannot be reincarnation. All it says is that there will be a punishment in the afterlife, yes, but that is all it says. It does not say souls do not return to a new body after punishment in hell, which may be temporary, or after a reward in a temporary heaven, deserved in each life, and then continue spiritual evolution here in a new body.

At least from this passage, I do not see any impossibility. But you also mention Haddiths, perhaps they explain it furter or better. Could you please mention the Haddiths for me?

And I would still like to read Abu Suhayla’s opinions on my questions.

Thank you and Salam again.

Peace, everyone.

I'm sorry for the delay in replying, I lost track of this topic when it was moved from another part of the forum.

Peace, Aburafay!

I didn't mean to say there are precisely four sects. I was just able to think of four off the top of my head. Christians have been arriving, by force of reason, at Unitarian position off and on throughout our history. With a tendancy for other Christians to give them a hard time about it or set them on fire. Anyway, there have been many Christian groups with this idea. It's also an idea that a lot of individuals seem to arrive at -- I've met a lot of people who are Unitarians but didn't even realise that Unitarians exist as separate groups from other Christians.

What I've called sects are usually called 'denominations' and people sometimes go from one to another. I'm still a Unitarian, but I'm no longer a member of the Unitarian Church, I am a Quaker. Some Quakers are Unitarians and some aren't. We had a lively debate about this a while ago. Well, about as lively a debate as one can have with a group of people who are still somewhat shocked and appalled that one man shoved another at the Philedelphia Yearly Meeting in 1943 or thereabouts.

I am a lot closer to Islam than most Christians, yes. Hehe. Somewhere around here I've got an explanatory pamphlet about Islam, printed in Pakistan in the 1960's and distributed to western aid workers (my grandparents). It describes Muhammad (peace and blessings upon him) as "The Unitarian of Arabia."

Peace, Zeinab!

But Kale either way when I correct the other person he will be offended, when the intention was not so.

:D You are silly. Right now we've got another thread going where you're telling me I'm wrong about non-violent resistance. It's a subject I feel very strongly about. And yet you haven't offended or insulted me in the least. You correct people all the time without doing that.

It's true that there will almost always be somebody who will take offense at what you say no matter how you say it. That's not an excuse for not trying to practice gentle speech. Besides, am I that person? It ought to count for something that I say, "Yeah, that was insulting."

Kale as I tried to explain some things have to be answered in regard to some Christians beliefs since they are insulting Allah (subhanau wataala) with the trinity issue and others. If the Christians regards this as an insult that was not the aim rather the aim is to correct him/her. I will not accept or not answer an insult made to God. I hope it is more clear now.

I don't think anybody finds it insulting that you believe that some Christian beliefs are incorrect. It is insulting to make the assumption (much less voice it) that somebody's wrong ideas mean that he is not earnestly seeking the truth.

Funny how his reply appears to have been removed from that thread while the discriminatory remark remains.

This is another issue replies were removed for violating a rule. And if you feel a post is discriminating (I still don't see it) please report the exact post to a mod.

I can't see how Ignatius' reply was in violation of the rules. He simply said that he is a Christian, and he is trying to obey God, and that he wasn't going to convert because he's a Christian he's trying, as a Christian, to be obedient to God and the suggestion that he convert to Islam might be a test.

And I can't fathom why you can't see how what was said to Ignatius is insulting. Come on. Seriously. How would you feel about me if I said to you that you must not love God, because if you loved God you'd show it by becoming a Quaker? Heck, how would you feel if I told you you must not want to be a good cook because you don't use the same recipes as I do? There's quite a difference between, "You're not doing it right," and "You reject the ideals of good cooking!"

I doubt what is said about Christians here no Christians believes, since most of the ones answering you are reverts from Christianity.

I mis-spoke. Sorry. No doubt there are some Christians who believe these things. But really, reverts from Christianity or not, I don't really think the 'refuting non-Muslims' posts reflect a good understanding of Christianity. It is possible to be a Christian and not understand it. I recollect a thread where a Muslim poster, himself a former Catholic, was expressing suprise at Christian teachings reported by a practicing Catholic, but which the Muslim had never heard of.

Imagine if I was a former Muslim who had converted to Christianity. My Muslim family were weak in their faith and taught me that all I had to do was make a nominal nod to the five pillars and then I could go about being greedy jerk. You'd think it was pretty messed up if I went about talking about how foolish Islam is and saying I know all about Islam 'cause once I was a Muslim.

The person who said this simply meant to say that insulting God with a certain believe is not correct. Besides why don't you ask him what he meant?

Regardless of what he meant, what he said is right up there in italics and it's an awfully mean thing to say to any person who is earnestly trying to serve God. As for why I don't ask him, I didn't find anything unclear about what he said nor feel any doubt as to its meaning.

Besides, I already feel a bit bad for bringing up and repeating this particular incident when this kind of thing is very widespread on IF, even if most examples of it are less dramatic.

Take this 'kufar' thing. It took me months to figure out that it doesn't just mean non-muslim. I read a page by a scholar who said that when applied to people, it means somebody who has been offered the truth, realised it was the truth, and deliberately rejected it.

But Muslims on this forum (and, I suspect, around the world) use this term to mean anybody who's not a Muslim. How arrogant is that?! Muslims must think awfully highly of themseves to presume that they've already given the message of Islam adequately to everybody on the planet. You'd have to assume that to assume that non-Muslims are all kufar. Pretty funny for a bunch of reverts who, being reverts, surely know better.

I'm not saying Muslims shouldn't mention it when somebody believes something that's incorrect. People should always tell the truth and seek to communicate truth to others. I'm saying Muslims don't need to be judgemental (much less overtly nasty) about it. They don't need to be judgemental in general.

I think you ought to want to take me seriously. I've watched Christians who have seemed to me to be quite earnest in their wish to serve God come here, and then dissapear after a little while, first remarking that they felt they were treated badly. I think they were treated badly, in spite of the fact that I agree with you about the Trinity and even that ascribing a son (in any sense by which we might otherwise use the word 'son') to God is absurd (God is surely beyond being insulted) to the point of the grotesque.

You believe God wants everybody to convert to Islam. If those people really were earnestly seeking to serve God and they really did leave IF because they felt insulted and abused here, who's going to be called to account for it?

Salam brothers

Thank you Yousuf, for your explanations, but I still do not understand how from this statement of the Quran

"Of no effect is the repentance of those who continue to do evil, until death faces one of them, and he says, "Now have I repented indeed;" nor of those who die rejecting Faith: for them have We prepared a punishment most grievous".(Qur'an:4:18)

is a proof of the following

This one Ayah(verse) proves that there is no coming back to this world. The Prophet Muhammad(pbuh), as reported in the Hadiths, has informed us of everything that shall happen once we die. Our souls will remain in our "graves" till the Day of Reckoning when we are resurrected and brought to Judgement.

I do not see the second quote as coming from the first one . Can you explain it further?

Thank you in advance for your kind explanations

Peace Asking

You might want to check out this Fatwa, "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fatwa/english/FatwaDisplay.asp?hFatwaID=96327"]Islam and reincarnation[/url].

Allah(s.w.t) tells us is Surah Ad-Dukhaan:

[51] As to the Righteous (they will be) in a position of Security

[52] Among Gardens and Springs;

[53] Dressed in fine silk and in rich brocade, they will face each other;

[55] There can they call for every kind of fruit in peace and security;

[56] Nor will they there taste death, except the first death; and He will preserve them from the Penalty of the Blazing Fire,

[57] As a Bounty from thy Lord! That will be the supreme achievement!

In Islamic-Western dialogue, you asked do any Muslims believe that the Lord has ended His creation. I answered your question there with a verse from the Qur'an, but you might have missed it:

"Praise be to Allah, Who created (out of nothing) the Heavens and the Earth, Who made the angels, messengers with wings,- two, or three, or four (pairs): He adds to Creation as He pleases: for Allah has power over all things."(Qur'an:35:01)

Here we see that Allah continues to create all the time.

Hallo Yousuf,

Thank you again for your kind explanations. I really appreciate it. As you probably remember, I have said before that I love all religions and believe they all were inspired by true Messengers of God. But I think they have been mostly misunderstood in each religion, as proved by the many interpretations, specially in Christianity. But also in Islam. I have just seen this in a Muslim site

Note: As with Christianity and Judaism, there is no single way Islam is observed. There are Muslims in virtually every country on the globe, and their interpretations of the Quran are as varied as the cultures in which they live, often influenced by their histories and political environments.

Thank you for the Fatwa on reincarnation, I am studying it, and I will tell you what I think of what is said there, but I have a question about Fatwas, which is something I do not know how it works.

Suppose a scholar or person authorized to issue Fatwas gets convinced that there is reincarnation, reinterprets the Quran in that direction and issues a Fatwa. What would happen then?

Let us look at the process in the Catholic church. First a few people start believing something diffent on anything, because there have been new discoveries or because change to other beliefs. If they grow enough, to be more or less 50 % there is a debate in which the church fights as much as it can against the reform, and when the reformers keep growing there is either a new split, or end up being an overwhelming majority, and the church finally accepts the change. Clerics cannot be the only ones not believing what all other Christians believe, so they end up accepting it, they have to. In any case, even if the Church does not accept it, people feel more free to believe whatever they want in the west.

I think that due to more communications, higher education and other factors perhaps, Islam is undergoing a similar process, perhaps slower, but of course culture influences interpretations.

So what will Muslims believe in 50 or 500 years? We have no idea. It depends on what is discovered, which passes first to scientists, then to intellectuals and then to the lowest educated. Then people will adapt their interpretations to evidence, because it is true they are books inspired by God, but you cannot imagine what the real meanings of some things are until the thing has been discovered.

It is the same as with the prophecies of Nostradamus. “Two birds with bombs in their bellies destroyed the two towers� did not have any meaning when it was written the 16th century, nor centuries later until Bin Laden flow the two birds into the Twin Towers. Then it was clear. Same thing with scriptures. Somethings we cannot understand until we reach the knowledge to understand them, and that happens gradually as we learn more. Scriptures contain more secrets than we can imagine, but we can only learn them when we have learned enough and if we interpret scripture with an open mind.

So I think this process is going to change the traditional interpretations of creation, evolution and reincarnation. Muslims and christians believe it is clear in the bible and the Quran that there is no reincarnation. Now Christians are changing, slow but sure. The Bible does not clearly say anywhere that there is no reincarnation and some sentences point at it in the belief of a growing number of christians. If the tendency keeps growin, Islam will be the only major religion not to believe it.

What if someone says, I interpret the Bible and the Quran so: After death, we “resurrect� in our astral body or soul, then continue living in paradise or hell for a time and then we “resurrect� again into another physical body. Where does it say in the Bible or Quran that it does not happen so? We will “resurrect� or “live after death� may have meant, in the intention of the writer, we will “live again�, and again and again, after death of this physical. We are body and soul. When do the bible and the Quran mean “we� physical bodies and when “we� souls?

Anyway, I am almost a Muslim, I was reading the basics of Islam and the only big disagreement I have is that Mohammed was the last Prophet. "Mohammed is the last Prophet" was a true sentence when he was alive, not afterwards, in my opinion. I also love and believe the Bible and Jesus, even if I do not believe Jesus was the last prophet, and I also love and believe Krishna and the Bhagavad Gita, and I love and respect Buddha. But I do not belong to any religious organization, unless you consider Greenpeace a religious organization.

Anyway, my favourites folders are Islamic 12 sites, Christian 6, Buddhist 2, Hinduist 2 and Jewish 1, opened today with Maimonides, as he was Spanish, perhaps after having seen so many Hollywood pictures of Jewish history it is not so interesting for me. I think I have seen “The Ten Commandments� (Charlton Heston as Moses) probably 10 times, one for each Commandment.

And I have started reading a book from Avicena, another Spaniard, who you call Ibn Sina. I call them Spaniards because they were born and lived in Spain, no matter if they were Jewish, Muslim or Arab. I lived in Cordoba and used to go to the Masjid. Perhaps I was a Muslim at the time of the Caliphate (Khilafat). I think we have all had all religions in previous lives.

I was reading an Islamic site and I found something that got my attention in several words.

Muslims believe that when he was 40 years old, Muhammad was MEDITATING IN A CAVE cave outside of Mecca when the angel Gabriel APPEARED to him.

First, the sentence “meditating in a cave� sounds very familiar to me, as this is a typical thing that yogis have been doing for thousands of years. So I was wondering, is there anything in the Quran or haddiths which gives more detail about what kind of “meditation� was the Prophet doing?

And also in which form did Gabriel “appear� to Mohammed? In a form human eyes can see? Could other people have seen Gabriel if they had been there, or were ever other people with him to know what form had Gabriel? Does the Quran say if there were any persons present during his visions? Could it have been an "inner vision", in his consciousness, like yogis say happens in meditaiton?

Gabriel began ORALLY revealing the Quran to the prophet.

Was Mohammed usually alone or with other people? Could the other people hear Gabriel also?

Sorry for so many questions. Now you start understanding the name "Asking". Islam is the religion I know the least about.

Kale, You seem to be one of those women who can reason better than most men, with an I.Q. similar to a phone number. No sarcastic joke, just plain pleasant surprise.

Thank you in advance for your kind explanations. Have a nice day.

Hello Asking

Now you start understanding the name "Asking". Islam is the religion I know the least about.

You can learn some basics of Islam on this "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicity(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/education/understandingislamandmuslims/"]SITE[/url].

I have said before that I love all religions and believe they all were inspired by true Messengers of God. But I think they have been mostly misunderstood in each religion, as proved by the many interpretations, specially in Christianity.

This is why Allah(s.w.t) sent the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) to end the confusion. Since he is the last Prophet, his teachings will be preserved until the Day of Judgement. Since the Qur'an is the last Revelation, Allah will guard it from corruption as He has promised.

Suppose a scholar or person authorized to issue Fatwas gets convinced that there is reincarnation, reinterprets the Quran in that direction and issues a Fatwa. What would happen then?

In Islam, the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) have been preserved and agreed upon by the majority of Scholars. Read this article posted by Abu Suhaylah, "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=7132"]Ahlul Sunnah wal Jamaa'ah[/url], and "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=6785"]The Ruling on Multiple Groups & Parties[/url].

These articles will give you a better understanding of the way of the Prophet(s.a.w).

So what will Muslims believe in 50 or 500 years? We have no idea.

After 1400 years, Muslims still believe in the same thing, and they will always believe in it. It really does not matter what some Muslims want to believe, what matters is what Prophet Muhammad(s.a.w) believed. Islam has not changed since Adam and Eve, and it never will. Muslims do not make Islam, unlike Christians or or people of other religions.

Science does not decide what we will believe, Allah decides. We accept everything He has revealed to us in His Qur'an, for He is All-Knowing. We will accept the Prophet's(pbuh) interpretation of the Qur'an, not what "is discovered", for he, as a Messenger, has been given knowledge.

Somethings we cannot understand until we reach the knowledge to understand them, and that happens gradually as we learn more.

Perhaps there are certain Ayat in the Book of Allah that we do not understand yet, but we do understand most of it, because Allah has made it clear, and so has His Prophet(pbuh). It was his duty to explain to us the meanings of the Word of God, which he did.

Where does it say in the Bible or Quran that it does not happen so?

I don't understand, I quoted a Qur'anic verse in my last post here, regarding the Hereafter:

"Nor will they there taste death, except the first death; and He will preserve them from the Penalty of the Blazing Fire".

One may try to twist the meanings of this Ayah, but the meaning is clear. You say you believe in the Prophethood of Muhammad(pbuh). Then why reject his teachings? He has told us life in the Hereafter will be eternal. Those who are admitted into the Garden, they will remain there for ever. Time does not exist in the next life.

Those who die rejecting the Qur'an will never be released from the Fire of Hell. Muslim sinners who end up in Hell will not remain therein for eternity, because they died as Believers.

You are confused. No Prophet has ever taught his people about reincarnation, and not every founder of religion is a Prophet. This temporary life is a trial for mankind as taught by the Messengers, and Allah will not keep trying us for eternity by bringing us back into this world every once in a while. This contradicts the purpose of life and the well-known message of God.

Do you know the purpose of life, or why Allah has created us?

We will be judged on the Day of Reckoning according to our beliefs and deeds, this will not keep on repeating itself for ever, as you assume.

I was reading the basics of Islam and the only big disagreement I have is that Mohammed was the last Prophet. "Mohammed is the last Prophet" was a true sentence when he was alive, not afterwards, in my opinion.

Again, if you believe in the Qur'an and Muhammad(s.a.w), you should believe what they have to say.

"Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Apostle of Allah and the Seal of the Prophets: and God has full knowledge of all things."(33:40)

There is no need to twist the meanings of the Qur'an. Allah said, "ask those who know", and the majority of Scholars certainly know. Allah has forbidden us to interpret His Book on our own. :D

Jesus(upon him be peace) will return at the End Times, as predicted by Muhammad(upon him be peace), but no other Prophet will arrive. Islam is perfected and preserved because it is the last Deen, and the Qur'an has been preserved because it is the last Message.

also love and believe the Bible and Jesus, even if I do not believe Jesus was the last prophet, and I also love and believe Krishna and the Bhagavad Gita, and I love and respect Buddha.

Jesus never said he is the last Prophet, if you read the Gospel of John, you'll find a Prophecy of Muhammad(s.a.w). Have you read the Gospel of Barnabas, which also speaks of the coming of Muhammad(pbuh) as the final Messenger of God?

First, the sentence “meditating in a cave� sounds very familiar to me, as this is a typical thing that yogis have been doing for thousands of years. So I was wondering, is there anything in the Quran or haddiths which gives more detail about what kind of “meditation� was the Prophet doing?

I don't know what kind of "meditation" the Messenger of Allah(s.a.w) did, what I do know is that he used to retreat to the cave and worship Allah therein.

And also in which form did Gabriel “appear� to Mohammed? In a form human eyes can see? Could other people have seen Gabriel if they had been there, or were ever other people with him to know what form had Gabriel? Does the Quran say if there were any persons present during his visions? Could it have been an "inner vision", in his consciousness, like yogis say happens in meditaiton?

You might want to read this chapter of the "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.muslimaccess(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/sunnah/seerah/7.htm#2"]Sealed Nectar[/url]. I also suggest you read the whole book. :D

No one was present at the time of the first Revelation, however, the Companions of the Prophet did see Jibraeel at other times. In one Hadith it is narrated that one Companion fainted upon seeing Jibraeel in his original form, most likely because he had six-hundred wings.

Again, read the Sealed Nectar online and you'll know everything about the life Muhammad(s.a.w).

Edited by Yousuf