Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
freee2flyyy

i need ur opinions

asalamu alaikum

ok lets forget about mummies warnings... heres what i think

i think women should be married before 21.. 24 at the latest under any circumstance... the reason for this is cos when i hang around with my older brothers mates (i have to cos when he isnt there, i have to represent him :D ) anyway... they always say, the longer you keep a woman waiting for marriage, the urge for intercourse decreases and thats when she wont make a good wife which leads the husband to either sleep around or divorce her...

for men, it doesnt really men... we're always gona be men :P on the serious tone... i think men should be married before hitting 30... no specific reason but it would be good as in this way that if Allah gives you a child within the first year of marriage, then by the time the child starts to rebel and go through that phase (oh yeah... that phase...) i.e age 13-14 onwards... the father wont be a an old git which means he could sort him out... lucky for me, my dads already got the whiteys and i got 2 younger brothers (w00t)... (i'll keep them in order dont worry... the brats :P ) also it would be good to be settled in with your wife by 30 so then you can get on with ya career head on without having to come home to your mummas home and sleep in that cold room all on ya own... so...

- tell me i was talking sense there somebody... :D

awww OK, but tell mummy when your ready for it.

:D

Not that you will very wise brother you are. have read some of your posts so i am sure you will stay far away from naughty things.

what naughty things are you on about...? doing some ones home over with farm eggs? :D

PropellerAds

assalaamu alaykum,

i know a couple who married when they were both 14,

and this was in the UK, they just waited until 16 for the legal marriage and they stopped at each others houses - i think his parents during week and hers at weekend so they would still be together at night whilst doing studies.

another brother i know married when just 16,

he had gone to pakistan at 15 for first time and all he had said to his grandmother was "who's that girl?"

and when he left back for england she went straight around and arranged the nikkah, lol he didnt know about it until he was on the plane for going to visit pakistan again at 16. he has been happily married for about 15 years now mashallah and is a good friend and brother.

finally...

a bad example, the sister who first gave me dawah fell in love with her husband when they were both 15...

their families made them wait until 18 before getting "engaged" and then until 23 until they married! how crazy is this? if they didnt come from good families what chances would there have been of keeping away from fitnah for that long?!?!

islamically her family should have helped them marry with a few weeks to prevent temptation not a few years! she even had to do the whole pretending to cry business at the marriage when in reality she had been waiting to marry for 8 years!

sorry some indo-pak customs are just crazy! :D (as well as completely unislamic)

sorry some indo-pak customs are just crazy!  (as well as completely unislamic)

Tell me about it bro... :D i really hate it too. The reason why they had to wait was because to the community they were too young to get married, to save the parenst face to the society they waietd that many years to marry them off.

Guest amani

sorry some indo-pak customs are just crazy!  (as well as completely unislamic)

i agree with you 1001% brother

hmmm…but sometimes marrying at such age can cause trouble. I would like to get married with a degree Inshallah otherwise I feel marriage will distract me from studying or I won’t be able to fulfill my duties…but I have a feeling at 19 I’ll be married off  ….people are just so keen to get rid of their kids now a days.

degree isnt everything :D

its not to get rid of kids you know :P u know how much worry it is (especially in a muslim family) for parents to get their *specially daughters* kids married to a good guy? no easy

i know you are serious 

:P

(w00t)

asalamu alaikum

parenst face to the society

alhamdulillah, alhamdulillah my parents dont care about the respect and status they are given in the community though for some reason my uncles do... my mum always says... consider yaself lower than others no matter how wealthy, rich and famous you are... the danger in this is... if that atoms worth of pride enters your heart and mind... Allah forbid... we shall be doomed... and i've seen it happen... why dont people learn from other peoples mistakes... :D

its not to get rid of kids you know  u know how much worry it is (especially in a muslim family) for parents to get their *specially daughters* kids married to a good guy? no easy

hmm good point sister, i agree with you... you will only have good chance to get your praise worthy daughter married to a good man is if you start to look early...

which explains why me is looking at some brothers also... :D wont let ya name out brother, dont worry...

Guest amani

^^^^^^ aww siter dont feel like that :P

:P you will find a very pious husband and you will both live happily :D

remember even the greatest of sahabahs were `reverts` to Islam :D and Islam doesnt belong to those people who were born into the religion !

Thankyou for your kind words sister. I just really want to have a happy family where i can raise my childen in the beautiful Islamic way inshallah ^_^

asalamu alaikum

hey amani... why dont you narrate that story to the sister of the black skinned sahabi was it who was always refused cos of his black skin and when he died on the battle field... the women of jannah could be seen fighting over him... making the women who refused him jealous...

im sure i heard it somewhere... me just cant remember... you becoming alima might... im sure that would make her feel better...

Guest amani

(where did you i get i was becoming an alima from (w00t) im not!!!

well you know it would be cool if i could study in the uni of makkah but im too thick for that (w00t)

zain was becoming an alima not me :D )

but regarding your story...i dont know?? :D

but unfortuantely these days people do look at the culture and colour of skin before choosing a spouse...Islam stamped out racism ..we humans keep it here :P

anway back to topic

oh yeh i forgot to mention.... to the original post...i wouldnt like to work either :P

As salaamu alaikum

I guess i should be fortunate i got examples to look up to!

My cousin in Canada maried when he was 22 (i think) masha'Allah he has been married for 10 years now ands has two absolutely gorgeous kids!!

My hopes of getting married early may just be dashed, gotta wait for 3 older siblings first!!! the oldest who will take her time..........

Insha'Allah she'll get married soon and quick!

I think nowadays we definitely need more mixed marriages.......if only they were more widely accpeted. it is crazy how us Muslims have been through so much in History and we belong to the global community of Muslims yet we can be rascist too!!

Wa alaikum asalaam

Edited by ur_muslim_sista

if only they were more widely accpeted. it is crazy how us Muslims have been through so much in History and we belong to the global community of Muslims yet we can be rascist too!!

Wa alaikum asalaam

Asalamu Alaykum

That is what saddens me the most sister :D …my Mum really doesn’t care so long as his Muslim alhamdulillah. However, my older sister is just like ‘no!’ ‘Over my dead body’…good job they ain’t my parents. I treat them with respect and love them very much but this whole interbreeding with cousins is just not for me.

salaam,

i couldn't tell you a perfect age, but i do think that womans need to marry when they are young, so that they dont get into temptations.

well i got married when i was 17 and my husband was 24 at the time, i got my son when i was 18 and we are still happly married alhamdullah.

so maybe 16 or 17 would be a good age for a girl.

for a male i would say he should be financly (spelling??) fit to get married and raise a child, but if it is too difficult too hold himself pure then i think it would be better for him to marry when he is young at the age of 20 to 25.

i am 20 years old now and i have no regrets what so ever about marrying when i was young i think it was the right way for me. :D

i live in the uk and i am raised in a spanish/dutch family.

masalama :D

ur muslim sister said...

My hopes of getting married early may just be dashed, gotta wait for 3 older siblings first!!! the oldest who will take her time..........

assalaamu alaykum sister,

that is no bar really, just one more stupid jahiliyyah custom causing one more fitnah for families, this sort of thing really drives me crazy!

Thankyou for your kind words sister. I just really want to have a happy family where i can raise my childen in the beautiful Islamic way inshallah  ^_^

dear sis verity,,i really love ur signature ..u made me read it about 10 times..

and about the marriage issue sis dont u wrry...inshallla God would bless u with a wonderful husband u deserve,,

salam

Salaam everyone,

i would like to get married soon. i am 18 and live in australia. i am just a bit concerned because i live in an area where their are not many muslims and i havent even met brothers let alone been proposed to yet! i feel like my muslim brothers dont want to marry me because i am a revert to Islam i feel i am a lesser muslim to them because of this and i come from a western culture with my family not being muslim. :D but i would like to get married soon between now and about 22 or 23. inshallah.

wasalaam

sister verity

sister, Im a revert too and you know, the good things about reverts its that you can eb sure that they want to follow the right path. I made and make mistakes but we are completely sure that we want to follow Islam. On the other hand, Im not saying that born muslims are worse (of course not!, the best one are the ones with better deen) but its harder to know if they really believe in it or its their culture...you know what I mean? being a revert its like a certificate :P :D .

So dont worry, someone will propose later inshAllah :P

well i agree with those who said that a girl should be married when shes ready all though ideally i'd go for early 20's as well. Im mean right now, i know i aint ready for marriage. Lets be honest, rite now i just want the guy but not the resposiblietes that come with him (w00t) - of course in a halal marriage :D ! lol.

jokes aside, i know im not ready for all that wifey buisness. i mean having a husband now would yea probably remove that void that we all have---> u know the one where that "someone" is supposed to go :P someone to talk to, snuggle up with and so on :P (maybe thats just me :D )

But i think for me it would be a no-no. i mean i still need to grow up in many respects as well as being a little more domesticated :D . Right now im pretty sure i wouldnt be on anyones list cos of it lol. I'd like to think after my uni or whislt that i will find someone inshalalh, dont wanna stay single forever.

anyways it all upto Allah s.w.t. just hope inshallah whatever happenes will be the best it can be.

inshallah all of us will find the person we're looking for- soon for some of you's.

assalaamu alaykum sister,

that is no bar really, just one more stupid jahiliyyah custom causing one more fitnah for families, this sort of thing really drives me crazy!

As salaamu alaikum,

Drives me crazy too!

Wa alaikum asalaam

this thread is jokes

for me, the ideal girl is someone who is somewhat independent and not bother me with little things like grocery shopping and such, someone who will not fuss too much if i come home late sometimes or if i want to chill with the guys for a change :D

cooking would be a major plus and ofcourse hopefully she is religious and get along with my family.. not that my family is hard to get along with but i'm juss saying..

what i hate are drama queens lol.. trust me i dont back down even if you are a girl you will hear an ear full from me :D

ideal ages for men would be over 25 and for women over 21 cause by those ages, they both would have had some experience in life and have some maturity and some post secondary education etc and are ready for the next step in life..

i know we are encouraged to marry early but i dunno about that.. 5 years ago this one brother got married at 19 and this one time i visited his house and he was playing ps2 :P while his wife was complaining he doenst spend nuff time with her she didnt tell this to me obviously but i found out by other means :P.. i was quiet and kept thinking this is what happens when you marry kids haha..

Ez..

asalamu alaikum

brother, i know of a girl who converted to Islam at 16... she was married with a 17 year old and they are happy together...

it doesnt matter if two kids get married... aslong as they are mature and can take responsibilty, thats all that matters...

me, im 18 and still tooo stupid to even be left alone in the house alone... :D

5 years ago this one brother got married at 19 and this one time i visited his house and he was playing ps2 while his wife was complaining he doenst spend nuff time with her she didnt tell this to me obviously but i found out by other means .. i was quiet and kept thinking this is what happens when you marry kids haha..

loool...well i think in the case of early marriage...the mother in law of both sides should interfer and give the support the two children need,,,but to remember to stay light blooded

Salam Alaik..

I prefer laa

wife : 18 - 20 and not working

husband : 25 -33 and of course! working

p/s: so.. im under age.. tired of waiting.. :D

:D haha.. kidding..