Islamic Forum
dot

Ads in IF

:D

Dea IF members

Since this place started, back in Jun 2002, alhamdo l'Ellah I never used any type of financing to support or sponsor IF. I was hoping to be able to keep doing that on my own. But new personal developmens arised that I had to make an adjustment.

Gawaher is now my full time job, so I had to think how to get some revenues, in part to support my living, and also to help pay for IF running costs. That had to be done without disturbing, in any way, your enjoyment of this community, and the benefit you get from being an IF member.

I'm writing this to you all, hoping that you do not mind me adding those little "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]google[/url] ads that you see on top now. It should display only Islamic related ads, and the ads are just in text, for the most part, so that it does not disturb your reading of the forums and posts.

I chose "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]google[/url] because it uses a good technology to display ads based on content, so it should always display only Islamic-related ads insha'Allah, and also ads related to each topic content, which may compliment in part to the subject of each discussion.

However, some of those Islamic-related ads may turn out to ba leading to bad, or even against Islam. I can filter those out, so I need your help. If you happen to click anytime at an ad and discovered that it has un-Islamic content in any way, please report that website directly to me, through PM or email, and I'll block that ad immediately.

Also one exceptionally kind member, brother abu_suhaylah, suggested that I partner with a leading Islamic online store, known for its authentic books and low prices. I thought its a very good idea, in part to help new reverts get the essentials they may find otherwise hard to get, while at the same time driving a small fee from the online store, in return. This online store is now available for you to browse anytime you feel like shopping, right here, from a new section that I just added:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=204"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=204[/url]

I made it into a forum, so that it does not get in your way. Only those interested can browse the shopping section, while everyone else continue what they do without the interruptions caused by those common banner ads that you see in other websites.

Again, I apolozie if these new developments decreased in any way your enjoyment, or caused any distraction to your activities here in IF. I was very careful to minimize any distubancies, but I ask your forgiveness if somehow it still does.

I'm very concerned to know your response to all this. Please let me know how you feel about it by posting here.

PropellerAds

Brother :D for your efforts in maintaining the forum all this time.

I don't mind the "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]google[/url] ads. The border of the ads looks well adjusted in the forum. Therefore, it does not make the forum look esthetically bad.

The idea for "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]google[/url] ads was mentioned before by some brother member of this forum long time back. It is a good addition.

The shopping section of the forum is also a good addition.

But I think that the sections of the forum needs arranging, because there are now too many sections on the front page of the forum. Looks kind of disorganized. Or maybe not. It is just my opinion.

Edited by AaTk

I think it would be great to have ads like this: (see attached image)

Get rid of the border and change the font colour to allow it to blend in to the forum!

post-2024-1103991570_thumb.jpg

aww thanks brother AaTK for your kind words. I'm glad you find it blending well.

I didnt read that post you mentioned.

Regarding the order of the shopping areas, insha'Allah I'll re-arrange them as you suggested. I'd better wait to see which ones members are inetersted in more than others, then move them up.

Get rid of the border and change the font colour to allow it to blend in to the forum!

I tried to blend them for each of our skins. what skin are you referring to brother?

I think we all take IF for granted, because it's free for us and we don't think about the cost it would take for someone to run a forum, let alone all the time spent working on here.

A few ads here and there shouldn't be a problem to any of us, maybe we'll find some interesting things on these ads, i know i just did :D

I know im grateful to you dot for bring this community together, it's wonderful thing your doing here.

May Allah bless you and all your family and let you continue to help the muslims and non muslims that visit here......Ameeeen

I tried to blend them for each of our skins. what skin are you referring to brother?

Im using IPB, just thought they wil look better without borders :D

Asalamu Alaykum

Jizakallah khair brother Dot for all your efforts in keeping IF going. I love the ads (w00t) …I love how it blends nicely with the board (w00t) (is it me or am I just a tad bit too enthusiastic? hmm :D ).

May Allah (swt) shower his mercy and blessings upon you and your family for creating such a great community :D . I wish you and your family good health, strong iman and prosperity, in this life and the hereafter.

i like the shopping section although its american based,

Its entirely run by Muslims brother, and it has real stores and branches in many parts of the world masha'Allah.

Sister Crystal Eyes, that was very sweet of you, and thanks for the duaa, same to you and your family insha'Allah.

Im using IPB, just thought they wil look better without borders :D

I tried it withour borders, but it didnt look so well, how about now? any better?

Looks good now!! :P

Proper blended, nice one :D

At first :D I was bit suprised to see the ads, but if they keep IF online and help to cover the cost of the site then I think it is worth it and are not a problem. For me, the ads do not distract or lesson my use of IF. I will keep a lookout for ads I think are :P against Islam.

IF has been such a help to me brother Dot. :P for all your efforts in keeping IF community online... as a global source of Islamic learning, understanding and da'wah :D.

Thanks very much, brother dear, for your kind words and duaa.

I will keep a lookout for ads I think are :P against Islam.

Yes please do. Your help is needed to catch any ads against Islam. Brother kadafi sent me an ad link and it was horrible. Its surprising how some people actually pay for ads just to fight Islam. Insha'Allah I'll do my best, with your help, to eliminate any such ads.

I don't mind the ad's either. And I'll point it out to you if I see any anti Islamic ones. :D

May Allah SWT reward you for your efforts in keeping this wonderful forum going.

:P

Bismillah,

salaam,

well brother, like a member above said already,"If it will keep IF online, i vote for it."

jazakallah for your time and mind.

may Allah reward you inshallah.

wa.salaam

I dont think you should have ads on the opening page(where you choose light or full version)

This might be unwelcoming and confusing to new visistors. :D

^^^ :D

Bro how can we be annoyed at your wonderful efforts to keep IF going? :P

Of course, I will report any bad site, insha'Allah

Allah khaleelna yek akhi

I wholeheartedly support the mission brother and i will pray that Allah gives it sucess, and purifies it of any thing that He does not like.

Ameen

:D brother for your sincere efforts for IF..............you did the right thing as i understand your problem..............don't feel that we will be against it...............its just because of you that we all have such a wonderful community here................Its really a second home for me :D ...............even sometimes i don't feel to post at all but i log in just to change my mood & to forget my worries...............so you will always found me by your side in all your decisions..............as i know its not at all easy to continue all this without any finances.............May Allah reward you for all your efforts & may he shower all his blessings on you & your family Ameen & inshahallah..............broth

r i'll be really honoured if i could be of any help.

Takecare,best wishes

Wasalam

One question. Do the members have to click on it to generate funds. Or does it not matter whether someone clicks on it or not.

Because someone told me when someone clicks on the links in the ads, only then they pay.

Yep, its pay per click, i have them on my site too!!

So I guess we should get clicking then. Thanks for the reply.