Islamic Forum
Dee

Rule 26 Question

"26- jihad or tawassul discussions: warn, hide (disable 5 if repeated)"

This is a reply I got from one of the sisters:

Discussing jihad or tawassul is a violation of rule 26, in which case a moderator will warn the member, hide the post/thread violating that particular rule, and should the member repeat the violation, disabled 5 simply means his/her posting rights will be taken away for 5 days (unless an apology is given). I hope that helps.

When I asked what it meant, but i guess I want to know why it's a rule. I have no idea what tawassul is (unless it means begging).

JAK,

~D

PropellerAds

:sl:

Jihad is a complex and controversial topic and is not one to be discussed by laymen, ie most of the forum members. This is why (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=188"]this[/url] special section has been created for it, listing what Jihad is exactly and clearing up any misconceptions, but preventing discussion that would only serve to make confusing an already complicated topic.

Hmm, I think by having a rule like that, it's misleading... jihad is struggle but by having that rule it makes it seem like it's a bad thing and that the jihad commonly discussed is the only or the most important kind of jihad, y'know...

But ya I was wondering, thanks.

Hmm, I think by having a rule like that, it's misleading...

I agree. I don't see how discussing a subject can be a bad thing. The more discussion, the better. But I don't make the rules, so :sl:

Prob because most people discussing it (as a postive aspect) will soon enough end up in guantanamo. :sl:

Prob because most people discussing it (as a postive aspect) will soon enough end up in guantanamo. :sl:

hahaha, I hope that was supposed to be funny b/c I laughed.