Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
umar abdullah

Is My Career Path Haram?

i plan on being a heavy equipment mechanic. i also have some knowledge of plumbing, roofing(caprentry i guess) and a little bit of electircal knowledge. i plan on learning them all, but my main trade will be the mechanic.

i see everyone here is looking into "white collar" jobs, and i feel like the oddball here. is my trade haram?

PropellerAds
i plan on being a heavy equipment mechanic. i also have some knowledge of plumbing, roofing(caprentry i guess) and a little bit of electircal knowledge. i plan on learning them all, but my main trade will be the mechanic.

i see everyone here is looking into "white collar" jobs, and i feel like the oddball here. is my trade haram?

Salaam Brother,

Why would your trade as a mechanic be Haraam. As long as you fear Allah(swt), work hard and stay honest. I don't think it would be.

WaSalaam

i just wanted to lay all doubts to rest :sl: thank you brother

Assalamu Alaikum, If everyone did a white collar job, who will do their plumming, roofing, building, etc. etc. for us. Like brother mrhyder said As long as you have Taqwa you can be the odd one out and enjoy your odd jobs, there is nothing wrong with the trades you mentioned.

Assalamu Alaikum.

assalamualaikum, i think what ever your job is, as long as you don't break any muslims rules and regulations it will still be halal. and if you are in agreement with non-muslims as long as they fulfil their obligation then it is your responsibility to fulfil yours to them.

assalamualaikum

you make me so sad.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with your chosen career. You have to work hard and honestly to earn your money, as per what the members above have already stated.

Salaam.

Assalam wa'alaykum akhi,

Why do you feel out of place that you are not entering a white collar job? Also why do you feel that it is haram? I do not believe there to be anything inherently haram in being a mechanic and in such a capacity it is likely you will avoid many of the awkward situations of office based situations. Surely being a small voice in a large company offers many dilemmas, particuarly with the moral relativism present amongst ambitious young professionals today. Do not worry akhi.

May Allah(s.w.t.) allow you to prosper for His(s.w.t.)'s sake and His(s.w.t.)'s sake alone. Ameen.

Assalam wa'alaykum wa rahmatullah.

:sl:

Actually working by hand is more favorable than paper work in the eyes of Islam. There are several ahadith that suggest that tendency. For example our beloved prophet :sl: mentioned that the one who makes/prepares his own food gets more rewards than the one who eats ready made food. Islam favors the strong and active Muslims over the lazy or less productive ones. But of course you can be active and productive either ways, but in general the more sweat your job brings you, the more rewards you get. Insha'Allah your career is 100% halal if not better than paper works.

Assalamu Alaykum

Like the brothers and sisters said before there is nothing wrong with your career as long as you make clean money,i.e. you work honestly and fear Allah in everything..

May Allah guide us all..

Jazakum allahu khayrn

jazzakallah brothers and sisters. may Allah reward you. ameen.

Your career sounds good perfectly acceptable to me...nothing wrong with having a hard working job that requires sweat and labor.