Islamic Forum
Greek-Cypriot

Atheism....

"Atheism is rather in the lip than in the heart of man....."

Sir Francis Bacon

"An atheist is a man who looks through a telescope and tries to explain what he can’t see....."

O.A. Battista :

Power to Influence People c.1959

"Atheism is a theoretical formulation of the discouraged life....."

Harry Emerson Fosdick

"There are no atheist in foxholes....."

William T.Cummings:

Sermons on Bataan, March 1942

"Only in Atheism does the spring rise higher than the source, the effect exist without the cause, life come from a stone, blood from a turnip, a silk purse from a sow’s ear, a Beethoven Symphony or a Bach Fugue from a kitten walking across the keys....."

James M. Gillis

"Few men are so obstinate in their atheism, that a pressing danger will not compel them to acknowledgment of a divine power....."

Plato

"Atheism is a disease of the soul before it becomes an error of understanding....."

Plato

"No one ever dies an atheist....."

Plato

"The religion of the atheist has a God-shaped blank at it’s heart....."

H.G. Wells

"By night,an atheist half-believes in God....."

Edward Young:

Night Thoughts

"The atheists are for the most part imprudent and misguided scholars who reason badly who, not being able to understand the Creation, the origin of evil, and other difficulties, have recourse to the hypothesis the eternity of things and of inevitability....."

Voltaire:

Philosophical Dictionary

"Atheists put on false courage in the midst of their darkness and misaprehensions, like children who, when they fear to go in the dark,will sing or whistle to keep their courage...."

Alexander Pope

"An atheist’s most embarrassing moment is when he feels profoundly thankful for something,but can’t think of anyone to thank for it...."

Mary Anne Vincent

Has anyone else noticed how hostile Atheists are becoming, of course it need not be said that all atheists behave in this way but in general Atheists tend to be getting increasingly hostile to the point they resort to insults that they know will offend religious groups. Programmes about how maybe 'Jesus was gay?' or things along those lines.

Edited by Greek-Cypriot

PropellerAds

Is there something you wanted to add...just so I know why you posted this.. :D

Is there something you wanted to add...just so I know why you posted this.. :D

Oh yeh. I forgot.

Edited by mm_ca04

Assalamu alaykum

Plato

"No one ever dies an atheist....."

So true.

Salam!

Nice quotes....:D

Here is my own quote:

You end up as an atheist when you ask the wrong questions!

interestingly francis bacon was accused on being a muslim for his unitarianism,

but also yes the athiest takes a religious position to deny religion,

in this they has no evidence to prove their point, they are taking it as a matter of faith in their belief in the sciences that have darwin, einstein and now hawkins as the prophets and messengers of this faith.

i admit i dislike these people more than the cow wizz drinkers, or those who take jesus as a partner beside Allah.

May Allah guide them to Islam or allow us the means to destroy their misguidence, ameen.

Salam!

Nice quotes....:D

Here is my own quote:

You end up as an atheist when you ask the wrong questions!

Assalaamu 'Alaikum

What's an example of a wrong question bro? ..and how do you know you are asking a wrong question ?

W.salaam wr wb

:D

^ I guess he means qrong questions like "what came before God" and stuff. :P

And that is true...a lot of Atheists are really hostile an rude.. :D

:P

Assalaamu 'Alaikum

What's an example of a wrong question bro? ..and how do you know you are asking a wrong question ?

W.salaam wr wb

Questions like:

If God exists, how come there's so much suffering?

If God can do anything, can he destroy himself (astakhfiru Allah)

Who created God?

If God knows your future, then how can you say you have free will?

bla bla bla...on and on!

Asalaamo aleykum,

"An atheist’s most embarrassing moment is when he feels profoundly thankful for something,but can’t think of anyone to thank for it...."

Mary Anne Vincent

sooo wonderful found.....

Wich atheist are you talking about?

Comunist one.... no global... natual religion.... clueless ?

Is not that you can classify all the atheist in 1 category, there is always a WHY someone is atheist.

Salam!

Venier.... well, atheist is one who doesn't believe or denies the existens of God.

there is always a WHY someone is atheist

True but irrelevant....

Is not that you can classify all the atheist in 1 category

Oh yeah you can....atheist is atheist...there is no such thing as 10% atheist or 100% atheist or such things as liberal atheist, conservative atheist, radical atheist......and so on. One who doesn't believe in the existens of God, simple as that. :D

I cant say that Im a 100% athiest....simply because I can never be 100% sure that there is no god...

salam,

some intresting quotes.

i admit i dislike these people more than the cow wizz drinkers, or those who take jesus as a partner beside Allah.

May Allah guide them to Islam or allow us the means to destroy their misguidence, ameen.

ameen,

such belife is very harmful and against Islam, also people who are netural are also very dangerous in the concepts they can spread i.e they can claim not to be against any relgion but claim they can lead respectful lives without worshiping God,

starlight those questions are what actuly gets alot of people intrested in Islam,

i have experiance with people who ask similar questions and when i provided them with the answers they become more intrested in Islam,

p.s

Who created God?

we have no free will, to claim to have free will would mean whateva your heart wants it appears. we may want to become extreamly rich, or own a mansion but these whims and desires wont happen suddenly or infact may not ever have in our lifetime. we mearly have Free Choice that is why in Islam intentions are very important.

and Allah will not do somthing that doesnt make him Allah,

i.e Allah calls himself the trurth, therfore he will tell a lie.

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=5091&hl="]why does Allah allow suffering?[/url]

Edited by slave

Salam d z e n a n a,

In that case you're not an athiest period. But on the other hand you're probably confused and that is even worse than being athiest because at least an athiest firmly believes in something.

Assalamu Alaikum brother slave,

I know some of the questions I mentioned above can be explained, but yet I believe these are not the best ones to begin with.

as-salaam aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Mary Anne Vincent

I like this quote...

fi aman Allah,

Ameera

Edited by Ameeraana

Questions like:

Who created God?

bla bla bla...on and on!

Assalamu alaikum,

Personally, i think these questions are pretty valid questions. Answer to these questions give us better understanding of the God Almighty, and very important in building one's tawhid. However, if a questioner is refused to be answered, it's going to keep him in ignorance for longer, and hopefully none of us wants that.

W.salaam wr wb

Assalamu alaikum,

Personally, i think these questions are pretty valid questions. Answer to these questions give us better understanding of the God Almighty, and very important in building one's tawhid. However, if a questioner is refused to be answered, it's going to keep him in ignorance for longer, and hopefully none of us wants that.

W.salaam wr wb

Assalamu Alaikum

There's no invalid questions. All questions are valid but the thing is that which one is going to lead you where!?

Edited by StarLight

I cant say that Im a 100% athiest....simply because I can never be 100% sure that there is no god...

Peace, well then you're an "agnostic" (one who is not sure whether God exists or not).

But on the other hand you're probably confused and that is even worse than being athiest because at least an athiest firmly believes in something.

Uhh, sis. :D I don't think that's right. Agnostics are much more flexible than atheists, in their belief system.

Peace,

Cow wizz drinkers? This is not the first time I have heard you use this phrase lately. Do you feel it necessary to denigrate followers of other religions to make yourself feel better?

There's no invalid questions. All questions are valid but the thing is that which one is going to lead you where!?

One could also say that it doesn't matter what the question is, only the answers.

A good response to the "what created God?" question would be "ok, another god. Who created him, then?" "Another God." "Who created that God?" Sooner or later it had to start somewhere. The first rule of thermodynamics is that matter cannot be created. Well, how did it get there? Did it create itself? What is controlling all of these electrons in the universe? Why don't atoms just explode suddenly? Is this planet just a big accident?