Islamic Forum
Muezza

Islamic books for non-Muslims

Assalam-ul-Alaikum,

If a non-Muslim approaches you and expresses his wish to learn about Islam or our Holy Prophet (pbuh), which books/publications/sites would you recommend to him?

One obvious answer would be the Holy Quran (but which translation would be the best if he doesn't know Arabic?).

PropellerAds
Assalam-ul-Alaikum,

If a non-Muslim approaches you and expresses his wish to learn about Islam or our Holy Prophet (pbuh), which books/publications/sites would you recommend to him?

One obvious answer would be the Holy Quran (but which translation would be the best if he doesn't know Arabic?).

wa alaykumus salaam,

a complete idiots guide to Islam by yahya emerick is actually very good.

Assalamu alaykum

I agree with Dawud that the Complete Idiot's Guide, :D , is a good book, especially for younger non-Muslims. I just hate the title. Yusuf Ali's Qur'an translation w/ commentary is the most popular one, and it would be the best one for older non-Muslims.

Edited by Yousuf

:D

The title sounds funny lol (w00t)

Ironically, the title itself sounds idiotic. I mean how do you go to a book store and ask "do you have the complete idiots guide to Islam?" :P

It also insinuates that i would be an idiot to buy that book...

Salam

There are also some here - especially if they follow a faith..

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.Islam-guide(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.Islam-guide(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

also, get in touch with your local Islamic bookstore, mosque and Islamic centre :D

wasalam

complete idiot's guide is a great book...maybe your Masjid has pamphlets or books you can borrow. i gave a booklet to my brother (he's not muslim) and now he is interested in Islam :D :P he will continue to be interested. those pamphlets are good, they are not to long, so the person isn't given too much info. at once.

:P

Assalam-ul-Alaikum,

Thanks. I'm taking notes... :D

1. A complete idiot's guide to Islam by Yahya Emerick

2. Yusuf Ali's Qur'an translation w/ commentary

3. "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.Islam-guide(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.Islam-guide(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

4. Books/pamphlets from a local Masjid/bookstore/Islamic centre

I hope they don't get offended by the title... "Are you calling me an idiot?" *throws book away* :D I hope not. :P