Islamic Forum
Lateral

comment on islamic forum

asalam alaikum

i feel many of you think that maybe "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/search?q=Islamic+forum&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official"]islamic forum[/url] has lost its Islamic discussion or something, well i have a theory, after the collapse of "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/search?q=Islamic+forum&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official"]islamic forum[/url] era....i think we lost the flow of starting topics, and we probably mostly rely on each other to start topics. So thats probably it, so i would like to propose to any of the members that if you would start at least one Islamic topic in Islamic discussion per week?, or slower if you like

its just a kind request, i kinda get the feeling general chat is more alive than Islamic discussion, so lets get to it :grin:

PropellerAds

:D

You took the words right out my mouth! :D

If members want to see more Islamic discussions, they should at least try to initiate some threads before complaining. Anyway, as Islam is a way of life, most things that are discussed have some sort of Islamic angle so it enters into the discussion one way or another.

:P thats a good idea, taking initiative instead of dwelling on negative feelings is a good idea. good way too turn things around, :P everyone will participate!

An you called that a THEORY :P .... excellent idea bro .... do thrive to bring back the simplicity and uniqueness of IF back ... i am with you ALL THE WAY :D

I'm glad that you guys are concerned about the Islamic discussions, masha'Allah.

There is no way to force members to start Islamic related topics if they dont want to. But the suggestion, as a hint to all members, is a good one.

Speaking of Islamic discussions...I was thinking....what if we allowed only higher post count members to join G.chat discussions. I know some members already made their post count higher mostly from posting in g.chat, but I mean for the new members who join us from now on, what if we made it locked for them, untill they reach, for example, 500 posts.

btw, this could be a 2 sided weapon. It could force newbies to post more in Islamic, but i could also make some choose to just...flee and go somewhere else, where they can purely chat all day long, with no restrictions at all.

Indeed it is a good idea :D True bro dot many will flee because of that but many will benefit from the other forums which are more Islamically related. I suggest it be 300 to 350 posts at least.

:P

Edited by Zeinab

Assalaamu Alaikum,

I think the idea is good brother Dot, but like you say, it could be a 2 sided weapon, so maybe it would be a good idea to maybe post reminders and encouragements in the general chat section first and see how the members on the board respond.

Also, maybe trying to think of fun ways to make learning exciting for those who need the push towards learning their religion.

Was-Salaamu Alaikum,

Abu Suhaylah.

asalam alaikum

you know i think the problem of new members could easily be solved if we just started worthwhile topics for them to answer it, and to inspire them to make their own, pardon the melodrama, but think about it, every member who has access to g chat starts good topics in Islamic discussion>>>> members get 50 posts very quickly, and get a lot of benefit >>> everybody is happy.

Id have to agree with brother Dots suggestion, for ONE simple reason it will help to cut out lots of pointless, meaningless chat, and focus the attentions of members on the main purpose of this forum inshAllah.

This for them, could also be a good learning process.

Although i feel 500 post is TOO high, ( or isit just me > ), perhaps 200 or 250 ??

:w;

asalam alaikum

im not too sure where i stand on the limit of posts to general chat, but what i would suggest is this.

When members join they will press on past 50 to get to 100 to get into their own private rooms, so i would say that make the general chat (thats if you want/going to) to 100 since its kinda like a double whammy, private rooms and general chat.

we should make it very clear to the members why the restriction was chosen so people dont object.

wasalam.

salaam wa alaikum

i think you should lower the limit of posts as some peole can not always go on the computer and may be tied with other work. like 200 or somthing.

wa alaikum salaam

we should make it very clear to the members why the restriction was chosen so people dont object.

Yes why ?

And why we still don't have hijriyah date ?

Allahu a'lam wa bishshowab.040915anj.gif[/url]