Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Safiyyah UmmMaher

Natural Ways To Ease Migraine

Assalamo Alaykom everyone!

I'd like to know if any of you knows a good natural way to ease the migraine headache? I've got some pills the doctor ordered, but I got terrible side effects so I cannot take them and the doctor didn't order me any new ones at the moment. So I am thinking if anyone knows a good way to get rid of migraine or at least a way which will help to minimize the "migraine attacks". Chiropractics? Acupuncture? Do they really help??

I would really much appreciate any suggestions.

Jazakallah in advance.

Wasalaam!

PropellerAds

There are several different kinds of migraines. I have heard that Niacin, one of the B vitamins is beneficial. There are two types of niacin, regular and time-release. To help prevent migraines, use the time release. To help eliminate a migraine in progress, take the regular (which can lead to something similar to a hot flash). Test it in 50 mg increments to find what works, but don't exceed 200 mg of the regular niacin. To help eliminate a migraine, take a strong over the counter pain medication that works best for you. Tylenol, Advil, and Exedrin all have migraine versions. The way niacin works is to expand the capillaries, increasing blood flow to the tissues (for migraines this is specifically the brain). Migraines typically result from a constriction and contraction pattern of the brain capillaries and niacin can help counter act what is happening. Ask your doctor before using niacin with any prescription medicine for migraines.

If you have any pain or stiffness in your spinal column, this could be the source of your migraines. Chiropractors can help reduce or eliminate this. Chiropractors who specialize in Acupressure are often better at finding all the spots that are an issue and is very much like a massage (with the good ones anyway). I've seen that they can reduce the frequency of migraines and sometimes the intensity.

The person who shared this with me has flash migraines. They start with visual distortion that lasts about 30 minutes followed by an intense headache that is incapacitating for several hours and without treatments has residual effects for two days. With this over the counter treatment he is able to occasionally reduce the time to just the visual distortion and usually no more than the visual distortion and a much milder headache that is gone in 4 hours. He claims the niacin is the key element to the difference.

As with any over the counter self treatment, be careful and use at your own risk. I've seen this work for one type of migraine and it may not work if your symptoms are different.

Assalam alaikum bro

well see if u r allegy to any food first, as i was in the past now im with Brain nerve compression - Alhamdulillah ala kull e haal

i prefer u see the doc again, and withtime the side affects go, i was on carbamezapine and wasnt allowed to drive for 2 weeks as i used to lose balance etc, now im okay with it Alhamdulillah

U r in my duas inshaAllah

La ba'as tahoor inshaAllah

Assalamo Alaykom everyone!

I'd like to know if any of you knows a good natural way to ease the migraine headache? I've got some pills the doctor ordered, but I got terrible side effects so I cannot take them and the doctor didn't order me any new ones at the moment. So I am thinking if anyone knows a good way to get rid of migraine or at least a way which will help to minimize the "migraine attacks". Chiropractics? Acupuncture? Do they really help??

I would really much appreciate any suggestions.

Jazakallah in advance.

Wasalaam!

Dear Sister

As-salamu Alaykom

I have great news for you, you can kiss your migraine headaches goodbye, and what i am about to tell you is already a part of our confirmed SUNNAH of our beloved Prophet Muhammad ( PBUH ), it is called HIJAMA = CUPPING THERAPY. It is a simple medical procedure to let the bad blood out of your body, and one session only can wipe your migraine away, as the Prophet himself had it done for himself. please check where can you get it done in your home town, and please make sure that only a Doctor should do it, and not just anyone.

You can also check out many webistes online to give you much more information on this miracle , and please tell all your friends about it as well.

Wa Alaykom Asslam

Jazakallah khayr for your answers, insha'Allah I will find the help that I need from these.

Wa salaam.

Assalamu Alaikum, Cupping is supposed to help from what I have heard, here is a home remedy for you Nasma which one of my elders had suggested to me, because I have migraines ever so often, but since I tried this home remedy, it has become much easier Alhamdulillah.

You could go to your local Grocery Store and buy any type of DILL PICKLE, and keep it handy. As soon as you feel the starting of a migraine take 2 or 3 table spoons of the liquid fom the pickles and drink it. It helps me Alhamdulillah, the nauseating feeling goes away and the head feels lighter and slowly the pain eases away. I rest for a little while and when I am up again I am refreshed Alhamdulillah.

I feel for you because I know how hard it is once it starts inreasing. I hope it will help you too. I tried with just plain pickles but it did not help , maybe Allah has put something in the Dill, Wallahu Alam.

Like sister Umm-e-Sarwat said La Ba'asaa Tahooran inshaAllah. may Allah ease your pain, ameen.

Assalamu Alaikum.

i agree with the sister above who mentioned hijamah.it is a sunnah and very beneficial.it is permissable to have hijamah done upon on any of the 14th 15th and 16 of the Islamic calender month.i also suffer from major migraines and will be going for hijamah very soon inshallah.inshallah you will recieve feedback from me nearer the time.

salam

When I have headache, I sometimes drink coffee with lemon or honey and it sometimes worked.

Walking in the forest is also nice. However, I don't know much about migrane.

Because of a miningitis which I had when I was small, I have regular headache.