Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gnuneo

Posting Articles Without Comment.

salaam all, i am wondering if it is possible to raise a subject that has become critical recently, that of posting articles without comment.

whilst upon occasion it is the case that an article posted would even be marred by a comment, and also to allow a free range of possible discussions leading from it, i am noticing that a recent new member is basically swamping the forum by merely posting c/p news articles, without making any attempt to comment upon them at all. This is very off-putting, and is also destroying the use of 'new posts', as every day there are 100s of new threads, all of which without comment. I am not attacking the quality of the posts, because they are sometimes very interesting, but the method of posting.

on top of which, as anyone with long-term knowledge of forum's will know, many links rapidly become obsolete, and makes old threads largely incomprehensible when the original article is deleted on another site, this is especially true of news sites, who rarely leave a link for more than a few days.

therefore i would like to propose a new rule, that not only should quoted articles be posted in full, so the debates will retain their coherence, but that also as a general rule people who post such articles have also to post a personally written comment upon them.

it springs to mind that perhaps freeboy would be better served by a blog page, where he can post his articles without destroying the rest of the forum.

peace and love. :sl:

PropellerAds

Peace all,

Thanks gnuneo for your concerns and suggestions. I always appreciate your wise ideas.

The news section encourages all members to share the latest stories and articles with others. Topic starter don't have to comment themselves. Just sharing the news with us is in itself a contribution. Also picking what news to share with us is sort of making a stand. We can't dictate that news topic starters must comment, it better be left up to each person's choice. And its probably other members who are invited to comment and develop any news into fruitful discussions, when they see interesting stories or articles.

As for posting the full articles, of course that would be better, I agree. But unfortunately there are technical and copyright limitations in that regard.

And regarding the 'view new posts' link, insha'Allah I'll try to find a solution to it.

:j:

is freeboy a real person though? because on his profile it says '464 posts per day' ..surely that isnt possible?? :sl:

just wondered...

:sl:

Peace all

I've fixed the problem of 'View new posts'. News topics will no longer show up when you click 'View new posts'.

Poor Freeboy! his topics will now go unnoticed.

Assalamu Alaikum, Actually his topics should'nt go unnoticed. With a bit of campaining we could have people off the Newspapers and Televisions as far as news is concerned.

It is interesting what freeboy is providing, I check the news stories from there, seems like apart from International he has a passion for Canadian news. So No more newspaper for me.

Okay thanks freeboy, got to go and check some of those news posts you've made.

Assalamu alaikum, umAhmad.

Edited by umAhmad

peace bro, dot, thanks for your compliment!

i think your new organisation is excellently planned and executed, and i agree with umAhmad that it is a very good thing to be able to get better news from IF, than biassed and hate-filled news from the corporate media.

if only there was a standard 100Mb connection globally, and we could all share and create video news programs!

meh - thats for the future :sl:

peace and love. :sl: