Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
aebrain

Why you should be Proud to be Muslim

From "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_indiauncut.blogspot(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/2005/01/despatches-9-identity.html"]India Uncut[/url]

When we reach Pandasalai, one of the worst-affected areas in the district of Nagore, the locals rush up to us and say, "only the Muslims came". It takes us a bit of time to figure this out. These people are lower-caste people, and for that reason, none of the other residents of Nagore, mostly higher-caste Hindus, came to their aid. Instead, Muslims groups came forward and helped them. Later, people like Madhu Kumar did come forward, but they were from outside. Their neighbours just did not care.

Australia and the USA have rushed in what aid we could to Indonesia. We don't ask the victims what religion they are before giving help. We don't insist on handing out copies of the Bible, or Talmud, or the Bhagavid-Gita, or Koran with each food parcel, though some of the Australians are Christians, others Jews, others Hindu - and some of us are Buddhists, others Muslims. But primarily, we're all human.

Some of the people in Aceh recently massacred their neighbours, and both Churches and Masjids have been burnt.

Frankly, we don't care. When something like this happens, we're all in this together. They're all human, all victims. Save 'em all, and let God sort them out.

I see that some people in India - who happen to be Muslim - feel the same way. Such people I would be honoured to call Brother or Sister.

In the meantime, if you're Muslim, read the paragraph I quoted above, and be proud.

PropellerAds

It's sad that something like this has to happen for humanity to be brought together though.

It's sad that something like this has to happen for humanity to be brought together though.

so true :D

Peace,

Yep, very, very sad. Lets hope people who arent in the same situation will still learn the same lesson.