Islamic Forum
Arif

Your Favorite Verses from the Quran

If you keep this up, you'll have the whole Qur'an quoted soon. :sl:

PropellerAds

( suwratul_"an"aam)

006:021 - Who doth more wrong than he who invents a lie against God or rejects His Signs? But verily the wrong-doers never shall prosper.

( suwratul_"an"aam)

006:036 - Those who listen , be sure, will accept: as to the dead, God will raise them up; then will they be turned unto Him.

If you keep this up, you'll have the whole Qur'an quoted soon. :sl:

Must I leave some for others, or can I eat all?

Must I leave some for others, or can I eat all?

Don't let me hold you back.

( suwratul_"an"aam)

006:067 - For every Message is a limit of time, and soon shall ye know it."

Don't let me hold you back.

I might just go back to the past....

( suwratul_"an"aam)

006:103 - No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision: He is above all comprehension, yet is acquainted with all things.

"And among His signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves that you may dwell in tranquility with them and He has put love and mercy between your hearts: verily in that are signs for those who reflect.†(Surah Al Rum 30:21)

• Like 2

"And among His signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves that you may dwell in tranquility with them and He has put love and mercy between your hearts: verily in that are signs for those who reflect." (Surah Al Rum 30:21)

That's a beautiful verse, I can see why you like it so much. Thanks for sharing it.

I think the most important aspect is reflecting on verses of the Quran- even if there are some that have a greater impact on some of you (and hence you list them as your favorite) and trying to act on the ones that clearly give a message.

One that I have chosen is : Quran 41:53:

Soon will We show them our Signs in the (furthest) regions (of the earth), and in their own souls, until it becomes manifest to them that this is the Truth.

To me, this means that God is talking about the signs that exist in the Universe as well as our own creation- that (as has been proven to many) after much reflection and study (e.g. of the Universe) one can only come to the logical conclusion that this was the work of a supremely intelligent and independent force.

Even if one does not subscribe to the monotheist God, deep pondering over the Universe can shape ones mind and thinking- as it did to Anthony Flew so late in his life.

Surah 17 22-24

(22) Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour. (23) And, out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility, and say: "My Lord! bestow on them Thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood." (24) Your Lord knoweth best what is in your hearts: if ye do deeds of righteousness, verily He is Most Forgiving to those who turn to Him again and again (in true penitence).[using large font size is not allowed]

No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision: He is above all comprehension, yet is acquainted with all things.

Surah 6 (Al Anaam) Verse 103

• Like 1

:D

Members are welcome to post their favorite Quranic Verse here.

My favorites are many:

"Innallaha Ala Kulli Shayin Qadeer"

"Subhanaka La Ilma Lana Ilama Alamtana Innaka Antal Alimul Hakeem"

"Wa'Allah Yuhibbu Al Mohsineen"

etc,etc,...

:sl:

:w:

Allah knows best :) one of my favorite verses from the Glorious Qur'an is the Ayatul Kursy (Verse of Allah's Throne). Recite Ayatul Kursy after every obligatory salah every day and night, recite Ayatul Kursy before you sleep, recite Ayatul Kursy as often as you can and you'll insha-Allah be rewarded by Allah for reciting a beautiful and magnificent ayah. Allahu A'lam :)

Say: "Whether ye hide what is in your hearts or reveal it, Allah knows it all: He knows what is in the heavens, and what is on earth. And Allah has power over all things.

3/29

Edited by mblack

My most favorite is Ayatul Kursyi or Al-Baqarah verses 255.

"Allah! There is no God save Him, the

Alive, the Eternal. Neither slumber nor

sleep overtaketh Him. Unto Him

belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens

and whatsoever is in the earth. Who is he

that intercedeth with Him save by His

leave? He knoweth that which is in front

of them and that which is behind them,

while they encompass nothing of His

knowledge save what He will. His throne

includeth the heavens and the earth, and

He is never weary of preserving them. He

is the Sublime,the Tremendous."

I love it because it is one of the main core of Al-Quran. It is also very helpful to me in difficult situation,give me strenght and, sometimes, a lil miracle (proven by myself!). I love Al-Ikhlas too,my favorite during my daily prayer because it is short but contains many blessings.

"Say, 'The truth is: Allah is One. [1] Allah is

Besought of all, needing none. [2] He neither

begot anyone, nor he was begotten. [3] And

equal to Him has never been any one'."[4]

So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true: nor let those shake thy firmness, who have (themselves) no certainty of faith.

al-Qur'an 30:60

021.001 اقْتَرَبَ لِلنَّاسِ حِسَابُهُمْ وَهُمْ فِي غَفْلَةٍ مُعْرِضُونَ

021.001 Iqtaraba li(l)nn[a]si [h]is[a]buhum wahum fee ghaflatin muAAri[d]oon(a)

021.001 Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away.

Al-Qur'an, 021.001 (Al-Anbiya [The Prophets])

Edited by Saracen21stC
  • Like 1

Or do ye think that ye shall enter the Garden (of bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? they encountered suffering and adversity, and were so shaken in spirit that even the Messenger and those of faith who were with him cried: "When (will come) the help of Allah." Ah! Verily, the help of Allah is (always) near!

Al Qur'an 2:214

• Like 1

Surah Yasin Verse 68:

"And he to whom We grant long life We reverse in creation; so will they not understand?"

Amazing how Allah puts things in perspective with such few words. We started out weak, unable to see, unable to do things independently, and as we age we become stronger, but after a certain we again revert back to the state in which we began, a state of weakness and dependence on others.

So true..

And of the people is he whose speech pleases you in worldly life, and he calls Allah to witness as to what is in his heart, yet he is the fiercest of opponents. (2:204)

Surah Muhammad Ayat 7-8

"يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِن تَنصُرُوا اللَّهَ يَنصُرْكُمْ وَيُثَبِّتْ أَقْدَامَكُمْ

وَالَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا فَتَعْسًا لَّهُمْ وَأَضَلَّ أَعْمَالَهُمْ"

"O you who have believed, if you support Allah , He will support you and plant firmly your feet.

But those who disbelieve - for them is misery, and He will waste their deeds."

"And when My servants ask you, [O Muhammad], concerning Me - indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me [by obedience] and believe in Me that they may be [rightly] guided. "

Surat Al-Baqarah, Verse 186

If Allah helps you, none can overcome you. If He forsakes you, who is
there after Him that can help you? And in Allaah (alone) let believers
put their trust.

Surah 3:160

• Like 1