Islamic Forum
Arif

Your Favorite Verses from the Quran

Asalamu Alikum,

My favorite ayah is:

2:255. Allahu la ilaha illa huwa alhayyu alqayyoomu la ta/khuthuhu sinatun wala nawmun lahu ma fee alssamawati wama fee al-ardi man tha allathee yashfaAAu AAindahu illa bi-ithnihi yaAAlamu ma bayna aydeehim wama khalfahum wala yuheetoona bishay-in min AAilmihi illa bima shaa wasiAAa kursiyyuhu alssamawati waal-arda wala yaooduhu hifthuhuma wahuwa alAAaliyyu alAAatheemu

PropellerAds

:D

I realized that I forgot to post the ayaat I had come to post! :D

63. And the servants of Ar-Rahman are those who walk on the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say, "Peace!";

64. And those who spend the night in adoration of their Lord prostrate and standing;

65. And those who say, "Our Lord! avert from us the Wrath of Hell, for its Wrath is indeed an affliction grievous,-

66. "Evil indeed is it as an abode, and as a place to rest in";

67. And those who, when they spend, are not extravagant and not stingy, but hold a just (balance) between those (extremes);

68. And those who invoke not, with Allah, any other god, nor slay such life as Allah has made sacred except for just cause, nor commit fornication; - and any that does this (not only) meets punishment.

69. (But) the Penalty on the Day of Judgment will be doubled to him, and he will dwell therein in ignominy,-

70. Unless he repents, believes, and works righteous deeds, for Allah will change the evil of such persons into good, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful,

71. And whoever repents and does good has truly turned to Allah with an (acceptable) conversion;-

72. And those who witness no falsehood, and, if they pass by futility, they pass by it with honourable (avoidance);

73. And those who, when they are admonished with the Signs of their Lord, droop not down at them as if they were deaf or blind;

74. And those who pray, "Our Lord! Grant unto us wives and offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and give us (the grace) to lead the righteous."

75. Those are the ones who will be rewarded with the highest place in heaven, because of their patient constancy: therein shall they be met with salutations and peace,

76. Dwelling therein;- how beautiful an abode and place of rest!

(surat Al Furqan)

May we all be faithful servants of Ar-Rahman! :D

wow!!

:D for these two links too!

btw: i'm a dudete!

(and i got to hear Abu Bakr As Shatree live once! :D B) ) He was the imam at a Masjid i was praying at!

walaykumus salam,

MashaAllah thats a dream come true!! Do you live in Jeddah? Or was shaykh shatree visiting somewhere else? I so wish I could pray behind him. InshaAllah if I get a chance to go Saudi again, I'll make it a point to visit Jeddah. They have some of the best imams there mashaAllah.

Btw, I have his entire Quran of in good CD quality. So let me know if there's any other specific surah that you want me to upload.

salam alaik

He was visiting! I live in the UAE- :D for all your help!

Found another aya that just made me stop! it's *deep*.

175. They are the ones who buy Error in place of Guidance and Torment in place of Forgiveness. Ah! what boldness (They show) for the Fire!

He was visiting! I live in the UAE- :D for all your help!

Walaykumus Salam,

I guess I missed him then. Because I lived in abu dhabi for 15 years, but I never really knew abt shatree until I left in 99.

Found another aya that just made me stop! it's *deep*.

175. They are the ones who buy Error in place of Guidance and Torment in place of Forgiveness. Ah! what boldness (They show) for the Fire!

one word: Subhanallah!

æóáÇó ÊóÌúÚóáú íóÃóßó ãóÛúáõæáóÉð Åöáóì ÚõäõÞößó æóáÇó ÊóÈúÓõØúåóÇ ßõáøó ÇáúÈóÓúØö ÃóÊóÞúÚõÃó ãóáõæãðÇ ãøóÃúÓõæÑðÇ

17:29 Make not thy hand tied (like a niggard's) to thy neck, nor stretch it forth to its utmost reach, so that thou become blameworthy and destitute.

Asalamu alaikum

I find these two ayah's very inspirational, especially when i hit a bump in the road of life.

So verily, with the hardship, there is relief,

Verily, with the hardship, there is relief (i.e. there is one hardship with two reliefs, so one hardship cannot overcome two reliefs).

Chapter 94 Al-Inshirah {Ayah 5 - 6}

also in my signiture..........

Edited by *Muslima*

Salam 3laikum

Can't say I've read the entire translation of the Qur'an but from what I have read so far, one of the verses I've been drawn to is 50:16 which says:

''And indeed We created man, and We know what his self whispers within him, and We are nearer to him than his jugular vein.''

The jugular or life vein is in the neck and so it is very comforting to be assured by Allah (swt) that He is even closer to us than that. :D

Fi amanillah

Dominique

Asalamu alaikum

I find these two ayah's very inspirational, especially when i hit a bump in the road of life.

So verily, with the hardship, there is relief,

Verily, with the hardship, there is relief (i.e. there is one hardship with two reliefs, so one hardship cannot overcome two reliefs).

Chapter 94 Al-Inshirah {Ayah 5 - 6}

also in my signiture..........

Salam,

Yes, I find Al-Sharha very useful too. Thank you for sharing.

Salam

Salam Everyone,

I recently stumbled upon Al-Dzuha which I found very edifying to my path to Allah.

Alaikum'Salam

I don't know if we should have a so called favorite verse you know ??

But to answer this thread i'd say

-- Surah Al-A'la, Verse 6: ÓóäõÞúÑöÆõßó ÝóáÇ ÊóäúÓóì

BY DEGREES SHALL WE TEACH THEE (THE MESSAGE), SO THOU SHALL NOT FORGET..

-- "Surely in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find peace" Quran (13:28)..

One of my favourites is from surah ar-rahman:

(Allah) Most Gracious!

It is He Who has taught the Qur'an.

He has created man.

He has taught him speech (and intelligence).

The sun and the moon follow courses (exactly) computed;

And the herbs and the trees - both (alike) prostrate in adoration.

And the Firmament has He raised high, and He has set up the Balance (of Justice),

In order that ye may not transgress (due) balance.

So establish weight with justice and fall not short in the balance.

It is He Who has spread out the earth for (His) creatures:

Therein is fruit and date-palms, producing spathes (enclosing dates);

Also corn, with (its) leaves and stalk for fodder, and sweet-smelling plants.

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?

^^i know its not one ayat, but it has more of an impact when you read everything before it. :D

Edited by Afghan_Hijabi

I'm an atheist, but my favourite verse in the Qur'an 37:103.

37:103. And when he was old enough to run along with him, he said, `O my dear son, I have seen in a dream that I offer thee in sacrifice. So consider what thou thinkest of it !' He replied, `O my father, do as thou art commanded; thou wilt find me, if Allah please, steadfast in my faith.'

It sends shivers up my arms, the thought of that much faith. And I much prefer this version to the biblical version (Ismails consent and the fact that it was Satan, not God, who commanded the evil).

My least favourite ayas would be the ones that describe my doom! :D

OK, and one more (remember that I've never heard these verses in Arabic so I wouldn't know what the real thing sounds like).

"And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect" (Ar-Rum: 21)

This I like as well.

asallama alaikum my favorite verse is: "Whorship Allah and join none with him(in whorship); and do good to parents, kinsfolk,orphans,Al-Masakin(the poor), the neighbor who is a stranger,the neighbor who is near in kin, the companion by your side,the wayfarer(you meet), and those (slaves) whom your right hand possess.Verily Allah does not like such as are proud and boastful."(Verse4:36)

Salams to all

OK, and one more (remember that I've never heard these verses in Arabic so I wouldn't know what the real thing sounds like).

"And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect" (Ar-Rum: 21)

This I like as well.

u can listen them here...you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.minallah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/quran5/030.mp3

hey u no when people write somtyms ( i think its wen the arabic is written) i jus see big letters F an these other funny letters with the odd alif or sumink? why's that?

Assalamu Alaikum Brothers and Sisters

These are my favorite verses so far:

120. Satan makes them promises, and creates in them false desires; but satan's promises are nothing but deception.

121. They (his dupes) will have their dwelling in Hell, and from it they will find no way of escape.

122. But those who believe and do deeds of righteousness,- we shall soon admit them to gardens, with rivers flowing beneath,-to dwell therein for ever. Allah's promise is the truth, and whose word can be truer than Allah's?

Surah An-Nisa (women) verses 120 - 122.

Assalamu Alaikum :D

this is actully a proven miracle!

Over it are Nineteen. 74-30

And We have set none but angels as Guardians of the Fire; and We have fixed their number only as a trial for Unbelievers,- in order that the People of the Book may arrive at certainty, and the Believers may increase in Faith,- and that no doubts may be left for the People of the Book and the Believers, and that those in whose hearts is a disease and the Unbelievers may say, "What symbol doth God intend by this ?" Thus doth God leave to stray whom He pleaseth, and guide whom He pleaseth: and none can know the forces of thy Lord, except He and this is no other than a warning. 74-31

thanks (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a001.html#Allah"]Allah[/url] for this great gift!

Aslam Alaykum

i have lotsss! but here are a few.

The Noble Qur'an - At-Tauba 9:51

Say: "Nothing shall ever happen to us except what (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a001.html#Allah"]Allah[/url] has ordained for us. He is our Maula (Lord, Helper and Protector)." And in (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a001.html#Allah"]Allah[/url] let the believers put their trust.

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Imran 3:103

And hold fast, all together, by the rope which (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a001.html#Allah"]Allah[/url] (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a001.html#Allah"]Allah[/url]'s favour on you; for ye were enemies and He joined your hearts in love, so that by His Grace, ye became brethren; and ye were on the brink of the pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus doth (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a001.html#Allah"]Allah[/url] make His Signs clear to you: That ye may be guided.

For Muslim men and women, for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in charity, for men and women who fast, for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a001.html#Allah"]Allah[/url]'s praise, for them has (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_a001.html#Allah"]Allah[/url] prepared forgiveness and great reward. (33:35)

And not alike are the good and the evil. Repel (evil) with what is best, when lo! he between whom and you was enmity would be as if he were a warm friend. 41:33

mine are:

Surah Al-Baqarah, Ayat:153

Surah Al-Baqarah, Ayat:163

you all can look up in the Quraan as im not writing the ayats.:D

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

[ÞóÜÊöáõæÇú ÇáøóÃöíäó áÇó íõÄúãöäõæäó ÈöÇááøóåö æóáÇó ÈöÇáúíóæúãö ÇáÇøñÎöÑö æóáÇó íõÃóÑøöãõæäó ãóÇ ÃóÑøóãó Çááøóåõ æóÑóÓõæáõåõ æóáÇó íóÃöíäõæäó Ãöíäó ÇáúÃóÞøö ãöäó ÇáøóÃöíäó ÃõæÊõæÇú ÇáúßöÊóÜÈó ÃóÊøóì íõÚúØõæÇú ÇáúÌöÒúíóÉó Úóä íóÃò æóåõãú ÕóÜÛöÑõæäó ]

(Fight against those who believe not in Allah, nor in the Last Day, nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth among the People of the Scripture, until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.)