Islamic Forum
Arif

Your Favorite Verses from the Quran

And Allah sets forth, as an example to those who believe the wife of Pharaoh: Behold she said: "O my Lord! Build for me, in nearness to Thee, a mansion in the Garden, and save me from Pharaoh and his doings, and save me from those that do wrong" [At-Tahrim, 11]

The second usually brings me close to tears because it's so amazing that the wife of one of the worst of people was so close to Allah.

Salam.

As you said it is very difficult to chose a favourite verse. But some verses move you more than the others. It is amazing about Asiya (A.S). In the worst of houses, Allah (swt) created the best of example to all women.

PropellerAds
As you said it is very difficult to chose a favourite verse. But some verses move you more than the others. It is amazing about Asiya (A.S). In the worst of houses, Allah (swt) created the best of example to all women.

I also like this verse about the Quran....

æóÅöÃóÇ ÞõÑöÆó ÇáúÞõÑúÂäõ ÃóÇÓúÊóãöÚõæÇ áóåõ æóÃóäúÕöÊõæÇ áóÚóáóøßõãú ÊõÑúÃóãõæäó

When the Qur'an is read, listen to it with attention, and hold your peace: that ye may receive Mercy.

Al-Qur'an, 007.204 (Al-Araf [The Heights])

Quran as a means of mercy.

Assalaam,

This thread seems to be lost. I thought I will get to read verses from the Quran and how people perceive it! So let me know your favourite verse and why it is your favourite.

Wassalaam.

I cried after reading these verses.

Surathul Al Imran chapter 3 verse 189-185

189. To Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth; and Allah hath power over all things.

190. Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of night and day,- there are indeed Signs for men of understanding,-

191. Men who celebrate the praises of Allah, standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and contemplate the (wonders of) creation in the heavens and the earth, (With the thought): "Our Lord! not for naught Hast Thou created (all) this! Glory to Thee! Give us salvation from the penalty of the Fire.

192. "Our Lord! any whom Thou dost admit to the Fire, Truly Thou coverest with shame, and never will wrong-doers Find any helpers!

193. "Our Lord! we have heard the call of one calling (Us) to Faith, 'Believe ye in the Lord,' and we have believed. Our Lord! Forgive us our sins, blot out from us our iniquities, and take to Thyself our souls in the company of the righteous.

194. "Our Lord! Grant us what Thou didst promise unto us through Thine apostles, and save us from shame on the Day of Judgment: For Thou never breakest Thy promise."

195. And their Lord hath accepted of them, and answered them: "Never will I suffer to be lost the work of any of you, be he male or female: Ye are members, one of another: Those who have left their homes, or been driven out therefrom, or suffered harm in My Cause, or fought or been slain,- verily, I will blot out from them their iniquities, and admit them into Gardens with rivers flowing beneath;- A reward from the presence of Allah, and from His presence is the best of rewards."

Edited by vishah

:j:

This verse is so moving :sl:

Those who patiently persevere, seeking the countenance of their Lord; Establish regular prayers; spend, out of (the gifts) We have bestowed for their sustenance, secretly and openly; and turn off Evil with good: for such there is the final attainment of the (eternal) home

Gardens of perpetual bliss: they shall enter there, as well as the righteous among their fathers, their spouses, and their offspring: and angels shall enter unto them from every gate (with the salutation)

"Peace unto you for that ye persevered in patience! Now how excellent is the final home!"

Surah Ra'ad 22-24

It's so beautiful, especially the way it describes how the righteous are rewarded for their patience. I love the bit where it says 'the final home', i.e Paradise :sl:

:sl:

I'm just in love with these verses right now.

Thy Sustainer has not forsaken thee, nor does He scorn thee.

and verily the latter portion will be better for thee then the former

And verily thy Lord will give unto thee so that thou will be content

[93:3-5]

''.........Anyone who reverences Allah, He will create an exit for him.

And [Allah] will provide for him whence he never expected. Anyone who trusts in Allah, He suffices him. Allahs commands are done. Allah has decreed for everything its fate.'' [65:2-3]

salaam

SURAH 8 THE SPOILS OF WAR

17. It is not you who slew them, it was Allah: when you threw (a handful of dust), it was not your act, but Allah's: in order that He might test the Believers by a gracious trial from Himself: for Allah is He Who hears and (knows all things).

Haven't got a favourite verse,consider every verse as my favourite. :j:

Just share these for now:

Allah, the Exalted, says:

"O you who believe! Endure and be more patient..". (3:200)

"And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirun (the patient)". (2:155)

"Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.'' (39:10)

"And verily, whosoever shows patience and forgives, that would truly be from the things recommended by Allah.'' (42:43)

"Seek help in patience and As-Salat (the prayer). Truly, Allah is with As-Sabirun (the patient).'' (2:153)

"And surely, We shall try you till We test those who strive hard (for the Cause of Allah) and As-Sabirun (the patient)'' (47:31)

Surah Ash Shura-27-28

If Allah were to enlarge the provision for His Servants, they would indeed transgress beyond all bounds through the earth; but he sends (it) down in due measure as He pleases. For He is with His Servants Well-acquainted, Watchful.

He is the One that sends down rain (even) after (men) have given up all hope, and scatters His Mercy (far and wide). And He is the Protector, Worthy of all Praise.

Allah is He, than Whom there is no other god;- Who knows (all things) both secret and open; He, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

Allah is He, than Whom there is no other god;- the Sovereign, the Holy One, the Source of Peace (and Perfection), the Guardian of Faith, the Preserver of Safety, the Exalted in Might, the Irresistible, the Supreme: Glory to Allah. (High is He) above the partners they attribute to Him.

He is Allah, the Creator, the Evolver, the Bestower of Forms (or Colours). To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names: whatever is in the heavens and on earth, doth declare His Praises and Glory: and He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise. surat alhashru:22-25

these are some aayats that made goosebumps rise on my skin.

((Allah)) Most Gracious!

It is He Who has taught the Qur'an.

He has created man:

He has taught him speech (and intelligence).

The sun and the moon follow courses (exactly) computed;

And the herbs and the trees - both (alike) bow in adoration.

And the Firmament has He raised high, and He has set up the Balance (of Justice),

In order that ye may not transgress (due) balance.

So establish weight with justice and fall not short in the balance.

It is He Who has spread out the earth for (His) creatures:

Therein is fruit and date-palms, producing spathes (enclosing dates);

Also corn, with (its) leaves and stalk for fodder, and sweet-smelling plants.

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?

He created man from sounding clay like unto pottery,

And He created Jinns from fire free of smoke:

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny? Qran Arrahman:1-16

these are some verses that made me cry

Allah has given soooo many favours to us without us asking to give it but still we are denying it

there r many verses which i love...but particularly,

"ihdina siraat al mustakem"

"alhamdulilaahi rabbil aalameen"

"hasbi allahu va niyamal vakeel"

"fabi ai aalahi rabbi kuma tukazibaan"

and the 'ayat al kursi'

Asalamu Wakueim Wa-Rahmtuh-Allahi-Wa-Baraktuh Dear Brother's and Sister's in Islam

Hope Inshallah that you are all fine

My Favourite Quran verses:

I love The Mother of the Quran ( Surat Al Fatiha)

And Surat Al Bayinna Ayat :7 Where Allah tells us

"Their reward is with their Lord: Gardens of eden underneath rivers flow, wherein they dewll forever. Allah hath pleasure in them and they have pleasue in Him. this is (in store) for him who feath his Lord).

your sister in Islam

Dear brothers and sisters.

This is a fascinating topic masha'Allah. I just want to draw your attention that, whenever quoting from the Quran, please copy from an authentic source. We do have a local copy of the Quran translation in English (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/show.php/showtopic/29615.html"]here[/url]. The link is also available at the topic right side of our side bar, first link under "Useful Links". So please copy the verses from there. You also copy from (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamicity(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/QuranSearch/"]islamicity(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url].

But the easiest way is to just type your favorite verse number between 2 v tags. Example:

[v]25:61[/v]

And for a range of verses, say chapter 25 from verse 61 to verse 74, you type:

[rov=25:61]25:74[/rov]

Typing the above will give you the following in your posts:

(btw, this range of verses is one of my favorites)

I love this verse and this surah so much.

--------

Surah At Takathur: (102)

Alhakumu alttakathuru

Rivalry in worldly increase distracteth you

Hatta zurtumu almaqabira

Until ye come to the graves.

Kalla sawfa taAAlamoona

Nay, but ye will come to know!

Thumma kalla sawfa taAAlamoona

Again Nay, but ye will come to know!

Kalla law taAAlamoona AAilma alyaqeeni

Nay, would that ye knew (now) with a sure knowledge!

Latarawunna aljaheema

For ye will behold hell-fire.

Thumma latarawunnaha AAayna alyaqeeni

Aye, ye will behold it with sure vision.

Thumma latus-alunna yawma-ithin AAani alnnaAAeemi

Then, on that day, ye will be asked concerning pleasure.

i see verses written as mixed garbled letters. Why is that? do i need a language software or something?

Bismillah ar-Rahman ar-Rahim

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Merciful.

Alam nashrah laka sadrka

Have We not expanded thee thy breast?

Wa wad a'na anka wizrka

And removed from thee thy burden

Alladhi ankada zahrka

That which did gall thy back?

Wa wafa'naa laka dhikrka

And raised high the esteem (in which) thou (art held)?

Fa inna ma'a al usri yusran

So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief:

Inna ma'a al usri yusran

Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.

Fa idhaa faraghta fansab

Wa Ilah rabbka farghab

Therefore, when thou art free (from thine immediate task), still labour hard,

And to thy Lord turn (all) thy attention.

i see verses written as mixed garbled letters. Why is that? do i need a language software or something?

do a right click on the page then go ''Encoding'. make sure ''Auto Select'' is ticked, then underneath that chose English, hope it helps.

Edited by Mehmet_UK

Salam aleikoum

Òõíøöäó áöáøóÃöíäó ßóÃóÑõæÇú ÇáúÃóíóÇÉõ ÇáÃøõäúíóÇ æóíóÓúÎóÑõæäó ãöäó ÇáøóÃöíäó ÂãóäõæÇú æóÇáøóÃöíäó ÇÊøóÞóæÇú ÃóæúÞóåõãú íóæúãó ÇáúÞöíóÇãóÉö æóÇááøåõ íóÑúÒõÞõ ãóä íóÔóÇÃõ ÈöÛóíúÑö ÃöÓóÇÈò

2.212. Zuyyina lillatheena kafaroo alhayatu alddunya wayaskharoona mina allatheena amanoo waallatheena ittaqaw fawqahum yawma alqiyamati waAllahu yarzuqu man yashao bighayri hisabin

2.212. On a enjolivé la vie présente à ceux qui ne croient pas, et ils se moquent de ceux qui croient. Mais les pieux seront au-dessus d'eux, au Jour de la Résurrection. Et Allah accorde Ses bienfaits à qui Il veut, sans compter.

2.212 . Beautified is the life of the world for those who disbelieve ; they make a jest of the believers . But those who keep their duty to Allah will be above them on the Day of Resurrection . Allah giveth without stint to whom He will .

Salam aleikoum

æóãóÇ ÃóÃúÑóÇßó ãóÇ áóíúáóÉõ ÇáúÞóÃúÑö

97.2. Wama adraka ma laylatu alqadri

97.2. Et qui te dira ce qu'est la nuit d'Al-Qadr ?

97.2 . Ah , what will convey unto thee what the Night of Power is!

áóíúáóÉõ ÇáúÞóÃúÑö ÎóíúÑñ ãøöäú ÃóáúÃö ÔóåúÑò

97.3. Laylatu alqadri khayrun min alfi shahrin

97.3. La nuit d'Al-Qadr est meilleure que mille mois.

97.3 . The Night of Power is better than a thousand months .

Salam aleikoum

æóÞóÇáó áóåõãú äóÈöíøõåõãú Åöäøó Çááøåó ÞóÃú ÈóÚóËó áóßõãú ØóÇáõæÊó ãóáößÇð ÞóÇáõæóÇú Ãóäøóì íóßõæäõ áóåõ Çáúãõáúßõ ÚóáóíúäóÇ æóäóÃúäõ ÃóÃóÞøõ ÈöÇáúãõáúßö ãöäúåõ æóáóãú íõÄúÊó ÓóÚóÉð ãøöäó ÇáúãóÇáö ÞóÇáó Åöäøó Çááøåó ÇÕúØóÃóÇåõ Úóáóíúßõãú æóÒóÇÃóåõ ÈóÓúØóÉð Ãöí ÇáúÚöáúãö æóÇáúÌöÓúãö æóÇááøåõ íõÄúÊöí ãõáúßóåõ ãóä íóÔóÇÃõ æóÇááøåõ æóÇÓöÚñ Úóáöíãñ

2.247. Waqala lahum nabiyyuhum inna Allaha qad baAAatha lakum taloota malikan qaloo anna yakoonu lahu almulku AAalayna wanahnu ahaqqu bialmulki minhu walam yu/ta saAAatan mina almali qala inna Allaha istafahu AAalaykum wazadahu bastatan fee alAAilmi waaljismi waAllahu yu/tee mulkahu man yashao waAllahu wasiAAun AAaleemun

2.247. Et leur prophète leur dit : “Voici qu'Allah vous a envoyé Talout pour roi.†Ils dirent : “Comment régnerait-il sur nous ? Nous avons plus de droit que lui à la royauté. On ne lui a même pas prodigué beaucoup de richesses ! †Il dit : “Allah, vraiment l'a élu sur vous, et a accru sa part quant au savoir et à la condition physique.†- Et Allah alloue Son pouvoir à qui Il veut. Allah a la grâce immense et Il est Omniscient.

2.247 . Their Prophet said unto them : Lo! Allah hath raised up Saul to be a king for you . They said : How can he have kingdom over us when we are more deserving of the kingdom than he is , since he hath not been given wealth enough? He said : Lo! Allah hath chosen him above you , and hath increased him abundantly in wisdom and stature . Allah bestoweth His sovereignty on whom He will . Allah is All Embracing , All Knowing .

Salam aleikoum

Çááøåõ æóáöíøõ ÇáøóÃöíäó ÂãóäõæÇú íõÎúÑöÌõåõã ãøöäó ÇáÙøõáõãóÇÊö Åöáóì ÇáäøõæõÑö æóÇáøóÃöíäó ßóÃóÑõæÇú ÃóæúáöíóÂÄõåõãõ ÇáØøóÇÛõæÊõ íõÎúÑöÌõæäóåõã ãøöäó ÇáäøõæÑö Åöáóì ÇáÙøõáõãóÇÊö ÃõæúáóÜÆößó ÃóÕúÃóÇÈõ ÇáäøóÇÑö åõãú ÃöíåóÇ ÎóÇáöÃõæäó

2.257. Allahu waliyyu allatheena amanoo yukhrijuhum mina alththulumati ila alnnoori waallatheena kafaroo awliyaohumu alttaghootu yukhrijoonahum mina alnnoori ila alththulumati ola-ika as-habu alnnari hum feeha khalidoona

2.257. Allah est le défenseur de ceux qui ont la foi : Il les fait sortir des ténèbres à la lumière. Quant à ceux qui ne croient pas, ils ont pour défenseurs les Tagut , qui les font sortir de la lumière aux ténèbres. Voilà les gens du Feu, où ils demeurent éternellement.

2.257 . Allah is-the Protecting Friend of those who believe . He bringeth them out of darkness into light . As for those who disbelieve , their patrons are false deities . They bring them out of light into darkness . Such are rightful owners of the Fire . They will abide therein .

9:24. Say: If it be that your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your mates, or your kindred; the wealth that ye have gained; the commerce in which ye fear a decline: or the dwellings in which ye delight - are dearer to you than Allah, or His Messenger, or the striving in His cause;- then wait until Allah brings about His decision: and Allah guides not the rebellious.

9:38. O ye who believe! what is the matter with you, that, when ye are asked to go forth in the cause of Allah, ye cling heavily to the earth? Do ye prefer the life of this world to the Hereafter? But little is the comfort of this life, as compared with the Hereafter.

9:39. Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place; but Him ye would not harm in the least. For Allah hath power over all things.

Did We not lift up your heart and relieve you of the burden which weighed down your back? Did We not give you high renown? For truly, with hardship comes ease; truly, with hardship comes ease. (Qur'an, 94:1-6)

There are gardens of eternity they will enter, wearing there bracelets of gold and pearls, their clothes therein of silk: And they will say: "Praise God, who has caused sorrow to leave us; for our Lord is indeed most forgiving, most appreciative, the One who has permitted us the abode of the resurrection, out of divine grace, where hardship will not touch us and weariness will not afflict us." (Surah Fatir 033-035)